It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritualism: Connection to occult knowledge and our role in it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Edit: I apologize if the title seemed to be offering up information about the topic, when really I'm posing the question. But hopefully I can shed some light from my own experiences later on!

Firstly, I am not very experienced in terms of spiritualism. My mind has endless insight into the possibilities and I'm looking for a place to start.

I'm going to throw everything out there, and I know some of my intentions are not exactly what people consider "good use of the knowledge." Normally when people talk spiritualism they are talking about personal advancement. They talk about bettering yourself through meditation, widening of your perceptive, bringing you mind to a level place where you can relax, protecting yourself emotionally from the negative influences that exist.

Perhaps they take it a step further: Seeing auras, channeling energy, talking to entities, OBE, astral projection, the works.

I'm looking for something more or less a bit more substantial (Or convincing.), something manageable, something to feed my curiosity.

I've been told that curiosity is a bad thing to have when looking into this type of thing, for reasons perhaps I have looked in the eye of in the past. Irregardless, I feel like curiosity IS my path, and the unpredictability of that path is what I like the most about life in general..

I consider myself a neutral observer of reality and it's inner workings, and for that reason I feel like the mentality of being curious is on my side, given that I only wish to learn about this topic (The good and the bad.) from a neutral perspective, I don't really see myself being "converted" if that needs to be said.

Pretty much what I am seeking is a place to start experiencing these types of phenomenon. Maybe some tips on how to access the more interesting aspects of it, what kind of mind set I should have, ect.

Without going into too much detail, I would eventually like to practice: Astral projection, communicating with entities, experimenting with energies.

I would appreciate asking questions, if needed, and providing some help information that might help me move along my path to experience and learn more about the capabilities of reality.
edit on 7-11-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
emotions are subconsciously projected, if you have any reason to be afraid and /or you become afraid that's all you will see

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

You could try these folks:

Builders of the Adytum

edit on 7-11-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther
emotions are subconsciously projected, if you have any reason to be afraid and /or you become afraid that's all you will see

Surely. Similarly, if I am in a dream, and expect something bad to happen, it happens.

Admittedly, if it's anything like that, I will have a hard time "controlling" it. But fears manifest and that's part of the experience right?

I guess I would be lying if I said I was neutral, being neutral would require not being afraid of the bad.. which I am (though I would still laugh in the face of the devil were he to appear. idk I'm weird..), but am open to learning not to be! For the sake of being neutral, demons and the bad things should be considered misunderstood.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Attempting to figure out what 'reality is' while inside

of a Matrix designed illusion, won't help you.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Insightful, truly.

I'll happily explore whatever program is being ran rn, since I have no other choice.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Studying the "occult" or Mysticism is a personal journey...find what questions perplex you the most and find the answers to them by reading books and blogs associated with your current area of interest.
I started out by studying Near-Death-Experiences and reading Edgar Cayce writings. He was a decent man and his writings are honest and "safe".
Buddhist and Hindu writings are good for your soul

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Studying the "occult" or Mysticism is a personal journey...find what questions perplex you the most and find the answers to them by reading books and blogs associated with your current area of interest.
I started out by studying Near-Death-Experiences and reading Edgar Cayce writings. He was a decent man and his writings are honest and "safe". Some ancient texts are written in a way that they can trigger a Kundalini experience (like an Ahyuhasca trip) and you can cause trouble for yourself if you are not familiar with out-of-body experiences.

edit on 7-11-2016 by MysticMadman because: cuz

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticMadman
I started out by studying Near-Death-Experiences and reading Edgar Cayce writings. He was a decent man and his writings are honest and "safe".

My main issue with exploring the personal journey is I don't want it to be ah.. fabrications of my own mind? Unless that's what it all is? Just people attempting to be insightful, or find something more, which is embedded in our psyche by religion and other outside influences.. Then everyone comes together and shares their experiences that may be similar because of the imbued notions? In which case I'm not interested in the slightest.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Just try to remember one thing..

Curiosity killed the Cat.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

That is the very root of my name.

I'm all too aware.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat

I'm all too aware.

ah yes, I'm sure you are all too aware
on a quantum level

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I'm all too aware.

on a quantum level

Don't worry about metaphysically little ol' me. I'll be okay.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I'm all too aware.

on a quantum level

I don't worry about you, i worry for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I'm all too aware.

on a quantum level

Mah guardian right here. Lord knows I need em.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I'm all too aware.

on a quantum level

Sure, if you believe in that kind of thing... more religious terminology yeah ok.

edit on 8-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I'm all too aware.

on a quantum level

Sure, if you believe in that kind of thing... more religious terminology yeah ok.

Disclaimer: No religious context intended.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticMadman

I will take a look into Edgar Cayce and what he may have to offer me! Appreciate the recommendation.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Good luck on your quest!! Sry I triple posted that...I'm obviously a newb

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Pretty much what I am seeking is a place to start experiencing these types of phenomenon. Maybe some tips on how to access the more interesting aspects of it, what kind of mind set I should have, ect.

Start here:

www.awakeninthedream.com...

and here:

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm looking for something more or less a bit more substantial (Or convincing.), something manageable, something to feed my curiosity.

Know Thyself and understanding the faculty of imagination will help. Over time, everything else will fall into *place*.

Perhaps they take it a step further: Seeing auras, channeling energy, talking to entities, OBE, astral projection, the works.

Without going into too much detail, I would eventually like to practice: Astral projection, communicating with entities, experimenting with energies.

Will any of those experiences add any value to your existence? There is so much magic and wonder already all around us in this world. A month from now, people will be cutting down some of these wonders and decorating them with artificial lights, because unconsciously they seek what you are seeking to experience...

Astral projection is cool, but there is hardly anything gained from doing so other than "sight seeing". Communicating with entities and experimenting with energies are distorted concepts. Again, study yourself, become *introspective*, and you will be able to separate new age psychobabble from what can be truly experienced.

If it is "mystical experiences" you truly seek; following the above signpost (connecting the dots) in the links; will do the trick. Btw, there is no such thing as "spiritualism".

However, I have discovered that the quickest and easiest way to experience what some may label ad mystical, spiritual, or divine, is to simply gaze at a flower. Just ask William Blake...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join