It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Now: Thousands Of Military Did Not Receive Absentee Ballots

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

We are not a big/organized enough of a voting block to be worth worrying about... look at the VA and the train wreck it as been for decades... if they really cared about the Vets they would have fixed it long before the current conflict began.

eta: though we have recently stood up our own political party... so maybe if we can get people into office we can see the vets taken care of.
edit on 8-11-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: dawnstar

We are not a big/organized enough of a voting block to be worth worrying about... look at the VA and the train wreck it as been for decades... if they really cared about the Vets they would have fixed it long before the current conflict began.

Yes they would have

i agree... It's insanity this is.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Its sad... if you are over seas and the absentee ballot is not stamped with a postmark (which will not happen at many locations) your ballot is immediately tossed... so the people voice that are in harms way, do not get their vote counted each election.

That was settled in the lawsuit.

But, they can be rejected for the same reason any ballot can be rejected.

No signature. Illegal registration. Not dated. Etc.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

every year, this happens and infuriates me. most of us are just voting for a president, but the guys in uniform are also voting for their commander in chief...
and we take that vote away from them?
heck, we're lucky the military don't take their guns and throw them at the polywogs and tell them to go fight their own wars, and quit!!
maybe if alot of us start today, and make it our mission that they will get to place their vote next time, and write to our representatives every week expressing our concern, they might get to next time.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Irishhaf

every year, this happens

WHY does it happen.

Who's fault is it really?

There might be a few who are so remote they don't get a ballot in time. But, I expect that is rare.

Or maybe they wait till the last minute, rush it in forgetting to sign and date it.

Who's really to blame?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
I don't know, who's fault is it when they never receive those ballots to begin with??

but, I am sure that if those military minds actually put their minds to it, they could come up with a strategy that would enable these guys to vote.
what they heck, they invented the internet, they do great at getting us into wars, they put a man on the moon....
this should be a piece of cake....

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
without the military there would be no U.S of A making sure the military gets to vote should be a number 1 priority,it should certainly be more of a priority than making sure welfare folks get their free Obama phones.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I don't know, who's fault is it when they never receive those ballots to begin with??

So, someone waits to the last minute to complain they didn't get a ballot?

There's a big hole in personal responsibility going on IMO.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen occasionally, but the same thing continuing every election? I'm not buying it.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
without the military there would be no U.S of A making sure the military gets to vote should be a number 1 priority,it should certainly be more of a priority than making sure welfare folks get their free Obama phones.

The military is also made up of individuals - - - who need to be individually personally responsible.

If a military person waits to the last minute, rushes, doesn't complete the ballot properly, sign it, date it, etc - - - - too bad.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

They never even received the ballots,what would you have them do, tell the captain to turn the ship around and sail back to the U.S. so that they would arrive in time to vote?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

Obama phones are dead, long live Obama phones.

die die die already hahaha

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Nope military not all for Trump.

I have a lot of military and ex military friends.

Some are.

Most think he's incompetent and unfit for the position.

I do so miss this member. I do hope they didn't take the loss too hard.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join