It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Hope For White Working Class-Leaked Bill Clinton Speech- Obama Years Left No Hope

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Oh I did that for a couple years. Those were great times.

Exercise your inner hippy. You might like it.

Really, where. Did it work or was there a lot of back biting and arguing.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It was on a 5 acre property in Davis, California. Technically student housing and they called it a "Co-OP". However, in this instance it was exactly what you'd think of with the word 'commune' minus the eccentric cult leader and goat sacrifices. Free lovin', drugs, music, and general liberal hippiness was certainly present.

It was definitely isolated from the town and campus. It was ran truly democratic in that all decisions had to be in agreement from all members. We had communal dinners, group projects, and work day every weekend where we maintained the structures and community gardens.

I would say it worked rather well, actually. Issues would arise of course, but for the most part it really was successful. Everyone felt it was a great learning experience. There was 15 domes which housed 2 people each.

more info

edit on 7-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Sounds like a genuine once in a life time experience.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Mr William Jefferson Clinton feels that: white working class has been left behind the last eight years, life expectancy is falling among whites, why he says it is because they don't have anything to look forward to when they get up in the morning.

Wow, I'm glad he can get away with saying that. There are more zingers below in the story...

The economic stagnancy of the Obama years is to blame for plummeting life expectancy rates among white, working-class Americans, according to former president Bill Clinton, who privately told Democratic donors that lower-income whites “don’t have anything to look forward to when they get up in the morning.”

Clinton made the remarks while speaking to at a November 2015 closed-door fundraiser for Hillary Clinton in Canton, Ohio.

Echoing a theme of Republican nominee Donald Trump’s campaign, the former president expressed his concern that white, working-class Americans have been left behind over the last eight years.

Clinton expressed his frustration with the most recent (at that time) Democratic debate, which he said lacked a single mention of the fact that “84 percent of the American people, after inflation, had not had a raise of 1 cent since the financial crash.”

Sponsored Links by

“We have incredible debates all over America that shouldn’t exist between people in different racial groups because they don’t trust law enforcement anymore,” he continued. “And in the middle of all this we learned, breathtakingly, that middle-aged, non-college-educated white Americans’ life expectancy is going down and is now lower than Hispanics, even though they make less money.”

Which Presidential Candidate Is The Champion Of The White Working Class?

“And the gap between African Americans and whites is closing, but unfortunately not because the death rate among African Americans is dropping but because the death rate among white Americans is rising.” Clinton continued.

“Why? Because they don’t have anything to look forward to when they get up in the morning. Because their lives are sort of stuck in neutral. Because their lives are sort of stuck in neutral.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

This is a pro-Hillary thread? No? Well, sounds like he has all of the white people's best intentions at heart

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IsntLifeFunny

This is a pro-Hillary thread? No? Well, sounds like he has all of the white people's best intentions at heart

I was surprised and confused by what Bill was saying. I didn't see his point. But I imagine he got his $250,000 speaking fee.
Think he gives refunds?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: Gothmog

Live in a commune.

Oh I did that for a couple years. Those were great times.

Exercise your inner hippy. You might like it.

Hell no. I did that in the 60s and 70s

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: JimiBlack

originally posted by: lordcomac
As a white american male, approaching middle age and working for the man every night and day...

Is he wrong?

You move sixteen tonnes, what do you get- another day over and deeper in debt.
And as a Black American male, with family military service from WW2 to Viet Nam to present day, and not to mention busting my ass DAILY AND PHYSICALLY for my income, don't even get me started. You're not special and I'm not either. And yeah, I'm straddling middle class too. Welcome to the party.

Yeah? Got news for you. You've been living your life more or less like one of us. If you aren't in the ghetto living the authentic black experience, then you might as well be one of us in all but skin color. Your experience as part of the middle is basically ours. Don't fool yourself into thinking yours is too much different just because you have different skin.

If you are a tax payer, then you are in our life bracket.

It's economics that separate the classes, not race, not nearly as much as they want us all to think.
I can agree with that. Only one thing though, there are more Black Americans like myself than ghetto dwellers. More than they want you to think. And btw, great-grandpa was a White guy, so I guess I am one of the guys. Lol.

edit on 8-11-2016 by JimiBlack because: Spelling error

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.... I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

-Thomas Jefferson

It's a monetary policy issue folks. Banks and corporate interests control the governemnt not you. Until you elect a president that will remove the federal reserve and go back to a non debt based system then the problems will continue and worsen.

Trump= Will not abolish federal reserve
Clinton= Same

Trump= Supports military industrial complex
Hillary=same

Trump=Supports invasion of privacy
Hillary= Same

Where's the difference? Aside from the talking points they use that don't matter and the scandals on both that distract you from the fact they are very similar in reality.

The msm propaganda machine, the mass amounts of entertainment. The divide and conquer tactics. All meant to distract the people from the real problem.
You're Damn right. Yet you have lifelong friends and family at each other's throats over these two turds. Two wings on the same turd bird. When I first joined this site, it seemed as if we all knew this. I didn't see this much political polarization among members here when O first ran for prez.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: JimiBlack

And a Black American male, with family military service from Viet Nam to present day, and not to mention busting my ass DAILY AND PHYSICALLY for my income, don't even get me started. You're not special and I'm not either. And yeah, I'm straddling middle class too. Welcome to the party.

Divide and conquer. It works every time it's tried.
This is true.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join