It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Pat's Hilarious Take On Australia Is 100 Percent On Point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thought I'd share this because it gave me a good chuckle and gives a good outsiders frank view of Australia..

www.mix.com.au...

edit on 7/11/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

They are great!

Australia lost a Prime Minister (Harold Holt). Went for an ocean swim, disappeared, and then they named an aquatic centre after him. Cruel.

No it's not, it is just an Aussie thing we do.

and

Australians use terms that would be obscenely offensive in the UK. The term 'Wog' is thrown about, and 'Coon Cheese' is a thing.

What is wrong with Coon Cheese, I have some in the fridge!

P

edit on 7/11/2016 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
As for

Fairy bread (aka white bread, margarine, and hundreds & thousands) is so strange, and also a national treasure.

Typical Pommy Bloke. Can't even get fairy bread right! We do not use margarine on fairy bread. Fairy bread is made using butter! Poms can break anything!

P

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hahah Its good to see a different perspective of our culture, I love Golden Gaytime!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
HAHA

I once saw Aussie comedian Carl Barron perform so funny:

"Have you ever noticed that Australians tell you what they're not. "How are you Steve?" "Not bad. "When will the train get here? Not long"

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The Outback was first used by Banjo Patterson or Henry Lawson, I can't remember which, to refer to anything west of Wagga. Everyone living in Griffith or on the Newel is living in the Outback. I lived 32 kms west of Wagga for six months, so I am proud to say I have lived in the outback. Seriously, there is a low ridge just west of Wagga and as soon as you get over it, the climate and soil change. I have seen it raining in Wagga and almost right on that ridge it stopped.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

I had many a golden gaytime in my school days....!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Maggies snip your ears, they don't go for your eyes (in my experience).

Regardless, I will never be one of those people with zipties sticking out of their bike helmets. I'll take my blinding/ear loss like a goddamned man.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
>Australian
>Country Town
>Never swooped by Magpies.
>Dark Hair master race.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
What is coon cheese? I'm picturing something made of raccoon milk. How do you milk a raccoon? I have no idea but I'm sure the Aussies have figured it out. Oh, raccoons bite? Doesn't everything in Australia?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
and no mention of bush ticks that make a person allergic to eating meat

Meat allergy tick
After being bitten, eating red meat can send a person into anaphylactic shock and dead

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I had to google myself..

Coon cheese is named after its American creator, Edward William Coon (1871–1934) of Philadelphia, who patented a method, subsequently known as the Cooning process

en.m.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join