It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I threw my vote away, and here's why.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Sorry, but Stein's economic platform made Bernie's look like it came from an actual Nobel prize winner in economics and in reality HIS was complete loonacy.

Just for starters, if you can figure out how to raise an additional $18T in new revenue without anyone actually changing any of their behavior to avoid having to pay taxes, why on earth aren't you paying down the debt before anything else and using it to run the government under budget?

Nope, Bernie wanted $18T in new spending in addition to all the spending we already do that we already can't pay for!

And Stein wants an even more economically unviable plan.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, I understand that universal healthcare, social security, and free education requires money that we don't have.

My guess is that she, along with every other candidate that's been elected, would focus on parts of her policy that could be implemented and hope that certian other policies could be achieved in the future.

Either way, she had plenty of great ideas that would be of obvious benefit to our country.

Edit: And foreign policy sounded decent too. In the very least, she wouldn't be jumping into war with Russia.
edit on 7-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

yes like the repubs and dems put up serious candidates this time. riiggghht!

they're both terrible.

Those two in way are very similar. both lie, both have cheated, both have used the system to get what they wanted, both have flip flopped.

i just feel this election much like the last one is a write off. we're screwed either way.
so i try to look forward to next time and if i can help get a 3rd choice then great.

Anyhow, i just wanted state i'm voting for someone i like better. Which really doesn't take much with Trump and Clinton.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You didn't throw your vote away, you exercised your right as it's laid out for you democratically-- to vote for who you see fit. If people don't feel able to do so, we're effed and need to do some serious soul-searching about what supposedly makes us so great & free then.

And it's never a wasted vote anyway, that funding threshold must be breached with votes. The higher a percentage over the 5% threshold any 3rd party pulls, the more public funding they get for the next cycle. Ergo, never say never, instead it's slow & steady wins the race

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Great.

I like Jill Stein, I think it's a crying shame she isn't on the ballot in all 50 states.
edit on -060011pm11kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, and I am encouraged and cheered by all of the positive political discourse. I've thoroughly enjoyed this discussion so far, which has affirmed my belief that we the people are united by similar ideals (regardless of ideology) and that we deserve the great responsibility that we have on our shoulders. I, for one, have a lot of hope for this country, which I don't think will implode tomorrow.. regardless of who wins. Have a great night ATS.

edit on 8-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join