It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I threw my vote away, and here's why.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Good evening ATS. Here we are on the eve of the most tumoltuous election of my memory, and I am going to rest easy knowing that I voted with my conscience for the candidate I considered to be the most qualified to run this country-- Jill Stein. According to my family members, the majority of the population, and even the current president, I just threw my vote away.

So why did I knowingly do such a reckless thing?

Because I still believe in Democracy. I believe in the power of the people to make a change, and I don't believe that means being pigeon-holed into supporting either a corrupt, deviant dynasty, or a reality TV mogul who has so little respect for women that he believes we all would enjoy being molested by wealthy men. I want to show TPTB that there are some out there who don't subscribe in their divine right to rule, and that Americans are ready for a change.

I am aware that Stein has about as much a chance of being POTUS as I do, but want to prove that my vote does indeed count, and that I am finished with the system that has been forced on us all.

I threw my vote away because I still believe that this is a great country and that we deserve better than anything the ruling class wants for us.

Tomorrow America will elect its next leader and I will regretfully accept the will of the people.. but for now, all I can say is.. GO STEIN!!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
I don't think you threw your Vote away, good for you. We need more choices on the ballot, lets look to the future.

edit on 7-11-2016 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Got a great deal for ya on ocean front property in arizona along with free 100 gallons of sailboat fuel .

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You voted who you believed would serve best. That's what voting is meant to be.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
My party wasnt on the ballot in my state and I couldnt write them in, so I cast my vote for the next best option, Jill Stein...

Breaking the cycle of stupidity voting for the same 2 parties every time is never a waste.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Thank you for voting..

Too many folks in this country don't even bother to exercise their privilege..

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I disagree with your vote. (It doesn't matter and I doubt you care
)

I am honestly proud that you were able to vote for something you believe in and didn't let someone else claim your voice by staying home. I hope everyone lets their own voice be heard at the ballot box.

to you.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So far the responses have solidified my belief in our system, and in the valor of The American people. Cheers to you all! So nice to hear supportive voices (especially after getting lambasted by my mom earlier today-- we all know how horrible that feels
)

I do love this community! Let's make sure we stick together in the upcoming days-- they will be trying for sure.

edit on 7-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If Hillary wins and WWIII starts and goes nuclear, I can blame you ... right?

link   

No, you didn't.

Did you genuinely feel Stein could do the job better than the others? If so, your vote wasn't thrown away. Irregardless of what others may say.

link   
I am so happy to see more and more people vote 3rd party. How did we ever get stuck in this circus of politicians and media convincing the masses that a democracy will not ever work without a red or blue leader anyway?

It's been long overdue that the red and blue hang their gang affiliations aside, join a 5 party minimum standard or step aside entirely, and let the god forsaken party system get abolished already.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No. You can blame all of us for not curtailing her decades ago.

If the world burns, which seems unlikely, it's everyone's fault.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It's your vote. Not thrown away. It counted. I did the same with Perot and Nader. I knew they had not shot but I refuse to accept defeatism. Take that full court shot or half court shot. Like Tom Petty says, go down swinging.

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

No. You can blame all of us for not curtailing her decades ago.

If the world burns, which seems unlikely, it's everyone's fault.

Nah, see this is not how the game is played.

I could blame Hillary, but all the resident Hillary supporters will be busy (between bouts of radiation sickness) rabidly blaming me for being too much of a misogynist to support her and that's why her brave efforts failed ... oh, and Republicans ... it's always Republicans.

And I could blame them all for voting for her, but they will deny they did anything wrong and just accuse me of being a misogynist for not voting for her like they did.

So, I have to find another target to blame. And it can't be me, I didn't vote for her ...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You didnt throw it away, you voted according to your conscience and you justified it on this thread, and quite well if I may say so, still better than a blank vote.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Seriously, better a vote than no vote.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Funny I'm hearing the same accusations from Hilary camp

But you won't find me blaming anyone regardless of who wins or what the future brings. I was prone to synedoche/hyperbole myself until I realized that most people do make their choice based on what they see as altruistic reasoning.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The point of the third party vote is not to ever win the election.

The point is to have direct ballot access and government funding for the next elections by gaining 5% margins.

For example if you think Libertarians should be represented, you would help Johnson get 5% of the popular vote.(He's at about 6% atm)

Stein has 2%, and no natural movement like the Libertarian party(despite idiot Johnson) to hit that 5%. It might have been a wasted vote without massive literal overnight change for her Green party.

Not to be rude, but your OP suggests you don't really care about her party, and are more just fed up with the other two. I don't blame you, her stance as the leader of the party is about the same. I would call this a failure year for the environmental awareness party.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I'm just basing this off what it was like after Obama won. Sub in racist for misogynist.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I considered voting for Nader as well.

edit on 7-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join