It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dak Prescott Is Already Playing About As Well As Tony Romo Ever Has, But...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I am a huge Cowboys fan and have been since I was 7 years old and I first watched Roger and those guys. My best friend's brother was a Cowboys fan and he taught us the game. I taught my little brother and my son to be Cowboys fans and it is nice to see them doing so well right now. They had a good year a couple of years ago that didn't end to well because of that CALL about Dez's catch, but it wasn't meant to be. This year has much to be excited about with DEZAK running the show and all the pieces seem to be clicking.

There is this rush to enshrine Dak in the HOF and put Tony out to pasture and that would be a HUGE mistake. I included an article from ESPN about Dak and he has some awesome stats. I just think people should take a deep breath and enjoy it while it last, but let him do it for several years at least before we anoint him the next Great QB. I have outlined a few points below.

It takes a team operating on all cylinders to make a run at the SB and right now this Cowboys team is in the top 2 teams that have it going on in all phases, this is the closest they have been to the last SB team they had. Some have even speculated that they could trade Tony, NO, they can not as I point out below.

Dak Prescott Is Already Playing About As Well As Tony Romo Ever Has

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott is sailing into uncharted territory for a rookie passer. Prescott shined again in Dallas’s 35-10 rout of the Cleveland Browns Sunday, completing 21 of 27 passes for 247 yards (9.1 per attempt), three touchdowns and zero interceptions. According to ESPN’s Total Quarterback Rating (QBR), Prescott had the NFL’s top quarterbacking performance of the week,1 the second time in nine weeks he’s claimed top honors. All told, Prescott’s first eight starts are easily the best of any rookie signal-caller since ESPN began tracking QBR in 2006:

This is not the same NFL and Romo has a strong allegiance to the Cowboys. Jerry will not ever trade him, NEVER. Romo has very little ego in this situation, he is not moping, he is not acting like he is the only option, he will do what is asked of him and so will Dak.

I am tired of all the Romo bashing though, this guy has not always had the best team around him and when he plays they win 70% of the time even with a crappy defense.

You can not pin all the misfortunes on him, people take one time in Seattle when he had a miscue on a field goal and make him out to be this big choker, but he got them in position to kick that in the first place.

Romo is right where he should be as the veteran leader needed to show a younger QB how to handle the game situations an he has done just that. He still is not completely recovered and they can take their time, but who would you rather have him or Sanchez as the backup?

Yeah, Romo has not won a SB yet, but that does not mean he is not capable, he is the 3rd best QB in the league when he is healthy and he has come back from injury over and over again because he loves the game.

Dak has proven he can handle different situations and that is what the Cowboys needed, a young QB who could manage the game and be humble about his circumstances. He as faced adversity and overcome, but he is a rookie. If the brass were smart they would keep him as the starter, until he falters or ride him to the promise land, but having Romo is a benefit other rookies do not have and that is something else that can not be messed with.

The team players respect Romo and will fight just as hard for him as they have for Dak. Dak has a lot of help with that OL and Zeke running for daylight and Witten being the tough SOB and the D is playing better each week and Bryant coming back strong and big plays on ST.

The last time the Cowboys won SB's they had these elements in place:

A top defense
A top receiver
A top running back
A top offensive line
A top QB
A top special teams
A top FB
A top TE
A gutsy coach
A capable backup QB

So I say to all of you with sincerity, GO FLY A KITE because you obviously do not have a clue what the hell you are talking about!
edit on 11-7-2016 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Some have even speculated that they could trade Tony, NO, they can not as I point out below.

No way the boys would ever trade him at this point. People can speculate all they want but that is just crazy talk. MAYBE( just caps for emphasis) they float it in the off season but I think that is even a stretch.

I think they are going to ride Dak as long as can but come playoff time if Romo is healthy you have to go with him.
Most likely even before that tho since the division is looking to be very strong and might go down to the last week to decide who takes it and they prob want him out there before that since he will have to shake a bit of the rust off.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Same thing happened with Terry Bradshaw. The backup was actually better. A lot in fact. But, he was black so guess who is the odd man out. Romo is decent but look, this guy is making things happen but, they paid Romo a lot of coin and no way out of it. He will be the starter when ready. They bought the run down Cadillac but found a cheaper option that performs better end of the day while it was being repaired. The Caddy is back up. You go with the Caddy. You already paid for it.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

I agree. Arch rival here Eagles fan. DAK is amazing but his team is the real key here. Tony may be done though. The amount of back injuries he has is just so high and the back holds everything. The nerve pain actually short circuits the body and it isn't something you can fight through.

I am watching our very good rookie get slammed for his rookie play, yet Wentz is very good. The media is making it sound as if he is sliding down hill. Accept we have an old line injured and banned, no running back other than sproles who is suppose to be a utility back not every down, and no receivers. So anything this kid does in my book is a win wit this team.

Just feel lucky you have such a good replacement if Tony has a permanent back injury
edit on 7-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The only way Romo leaves at this point is if he and his agent decide he can get a better deal somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

You bring up some valid points. I just think that 'WINNING' makes people happy ala Trump. With Dak and Ezekiel, rookies, having fairy tale seasons.....it's fun. Romo had his day(s), but, at this point it is legitimate to say Dak should remain the starter and let it ride.

I love football and love to hate da 'Boys, but I give credit where it is due. Probably the toughest division in the NFL right now. I like the Redskins and even the Giants, and sometimes even the Eagles. Some great stories happening in that division. I believe one of those teams will be going to the SuperBowl against the NE Patriots. Another team I like and respect.

You heard it hear first.
Cheers

edit on 15-11-2016 by 1TruthTeller because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join