It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What Have You Learned This Election Cycle?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: infolurker

Makes you put your hopes in the coming September doesn't it? Kind of sad really. I never thought would make me look forward for that.

Good Series:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Oh, and it's nocturnal. And endangered.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: VaticNZ

Ah your from NZ! Thanks

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Ah your from NZ! Thanks

Yerp. Waiting just as anxiously as you to see WTF is going to happen.
General public here are also very much "just wait and see what *airquotes* terrorist attack *airquotes* they come up with for the election". It's been fascinating to watch what appears to be an awakening of sorts.

edit on 7-11-2016 by VaticNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Well my friend, it is with an amount of dubiousness that there will be at least four more years of WTF for you to indulge in no matter who wins tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Well my friend, it is with an amount of dubiousness that there will be at least four more years of WTF for you to indulge in no matter who wins tomorrow.

Very true! I was lucky (?) to be visiting Florida in 2000. That was incredible.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

" What Have You Learned This Election Cycle ? "

The Scumbags in Washington are Not even bothering to Hide their Corruption anymore from the American Public . This Truly has been the Most Transparent Presidential Election in my Lifetime . The Stench is Beyond Belief ..........

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have learned:

- that it is still as easy as ever to manipulate people

- right wingers still live in a fantasy world

- Trump supporters never really understood the election campaign process

- The "deplorables" comment from Clinton was probably the most accurate statement of the election

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Chalk one up for completely shut out.

I no doubt believe she really meant deplorables. I also no doubt she thinks the same of her voting base, for example you.

edit on 7-11-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Glad to hear you can read minds

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

No need when you can read history.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
One thing that I have learned:

It goes without saying that neither party is above bending the rules to achieve their goals, but in the Democrats case the rule book is out the window. The Republicans did everything they could to keep Trump from the nomination but for better or worse, the will of the people prevailed. There's not a Democrat alive who can say the same thing, just ask Bernie. How can you trust a party to look out for your best interests when they blatantly ignore the will of their own constituents? Yet, after a little wailing and gnashing of teeth, you all fell in line behind Hillary. In that moment you went from Citizen to subject.
I wonder if our Founding Fathers would have spent so much time and risked so much crafting a Constitution that fiercely protects our freedom if they knew a day would come when so many Americans would casually give it away.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I have learned that it really doesn't matter what the people want, the government will just carry on as they please. We're just along for the ride, or captive hostages, whichever way you want to look at it.

Fortunately I have to take this back!

I am pleasantly surprised he actually won! Was it just such a landslide that they couldn't cover the truth?

Though I am still cautious and skeptical of our government this turn of events had instilled a bit of hope.

Unfortunately it is hard to be completely optimistic while the SJW, violent, liberal nazi maniacs are doing everything they can to ruin this rare opportunity.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I learned what the proverbial pig looks like without its lipstick...

And that Americans were savvy enough to recognize that the Hillary machine didn't give a damn about THEM. It was all about POWER and creating even more wealth..but not for us. "Stronger Together" was fools gold.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Now that it's all over, Stronger Together sure didn't mean as many as she thought!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Right. And "Stronger Together" evokes an image of people hugging and crying in the midst of misery...supporting each other during rough times.

This engineer from India saw a "Stronger Together" sign, and assumed it was an ad for a new bonding adhesive!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Idiocracy foretold the future.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Starting in 2008!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well might as well go 2005..the year it came out.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join