It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What Have You Learned This Election Cycle?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm not sure i learned anything at all in fact i am pretty sure i lost brain cells that i will never get back !

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
a reply to: introvert

Haven't learned much this election cycle. Only had further confirmation of what was already obvious. The Right Wing is a special kind of stupid and the propaganda has been very effective.

I'm not saying the Left doesn't have their idiots that are voting for Clinton, but we're talking about a new level of idiocy with the Right Wing that lacks honesty, logic, critical thinking skills and even basic reading comprehension. Many of the very principles they claim to uphold are tough for them to comprehend.

Personal responsibility...only applies to the rest of us.

Constitutional principles...only applicable when it suits their needs.

Rule of law...they can't understand precedence and it's application.

At this point I couldn't care less whom is elected, but I do hope we look back on this time and recognize that this was an election in which half the country was taken-in by a candidate that speaks like a 4th grader and they expected to respect their opinions as if they were intelligent, critically-thinking adults.

This election has insulted my intelligence. This election should be known as the election that brought out the morons.

Thank you for confirming my previous statement:

I never realized how despicable progressives actually are

I'm not a progressive.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Left wing this, right wing that.

Your post represents the true flaw of the two party system. Total blindness by partisanship.

I hated Bush and voted against him. Voted for Obama first time around. ....you know "change I could believe in" and here I stand now.

It's always the divide and conquer.

It's always the bread and circuses.

Because we'll always have the introverts.

Stay Sacred.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It's sad that you consider honesty and logic to be an elitist trait. It is only condescending to those that find themselves to be inferior. That complex is not a burden I am forced to bear.

I consider condescension and feigned superiority an elitist trait, which is immediately apparent by what I said. If you were honest and logical, you might have mentioned that.

I was not being condescending or opining superiority. I was being honest.

I shouldn't have to spell it out for you.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'm not a progressive

LoL...ok now thanks for the laugh

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I do not fall in to the two party designation. I'm not voting for either, but it should not stop me from speaking about my thoughts in regards to the extremes the Right has gone, compared to the Left.

There is a difference.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It's sad that you consider honesty and logic to be an elitist trait. It is only condescending to those that find themselves to be inferior. That complex is not a burden I am forced to bear.

I consider condescension and feigned superiority an elitist trait, which is immediately apparent by what I said. If you were honest and logical, you might have mentioned that.

You are blogging not talking, so yes obviously spelling helps here.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I didn't ask you to. If you have to tell us you are, it's because you ain't.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I didn't ask you to. If you have to tell us you are, it's because you ain't.

There's that twisted logic I was speaking of.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That karma is beautiful thing to see in action.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

There's that dishonesty I am speaking about.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I do not fall in to the two party designation. I'm not voting for either, but it should not stop me from speaking about my thoughts in regards to the extremes the Right has gone, compared to the Left.

There is a difference.

Really? This election year the bigger issue here isn't the "extreme right", in fact it's the extreme left. Um step back a few more election cycles than yes I'd agree with you.

Turd Blossom (Karl Rove) was just diabolical in his election managing. Legendary and evil IMO.

Podesta's the Left's Turd Blossom.

Yet through all this. We still be drone striking people and #. Still arguing about the same anti-taboos. Same #, different day. Bigger pile, smaller shovel.
edit on 7-11-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I to have had the same predicament. I consider myself average J Blow American and politics actually accounts for little in the overall being of my family and friends. However this election has somehow created on uncrossable divide in some of them. Conversely, their logic derives from mostly facebook memes and clickbait titles.....

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

There's that dishonesty I am speaking about.

Is that the obligatory "I know you are but what am I" response?

Too easy...

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

There is a difference.

Really? This election year the bigger issue here isn't the "extreme right", in fact it's the extreme left. Um step back a few more election cycles than yes I'd agree with you.

Turd Blossom (Karl Rove) was just diabolical in his election managing. Legendary and evil IMO.

Podesta's the Left's Turd Blossom.

Yet through all this. We still be drone striking people and #. Still arguing about the same anti-taboos. Same #, different day. Bigger pile, smaller shovel.

Your opinion is based on propaganda bull#. That's what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
- I have learned the founder were correct: the average person isn't fit to vote. A nation that produces this field is not a nation that is fit to choose its own leaders. It makes me sad to say this, honestly. I hoped for better from my neighbors in the US.

- I have learned that its not just people with an agenda that make it impossible to know the truth. Its people who stand to gain monetarily from having US citizens as an audience. Ad revenue via clickbait lies....the very notion changes the game for me.

- I have learned that I cannot underestimate the religious fervor that my peers will approach politics with, including such notions as blind faith

Seriously...i could not be more cynical and have any less faith in my countrymen. This stupid little pissing match is coming at the expense of the rest of us who weren't insane enough to create this little dilemma we have here.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
- I have learned the founder were correct: the average person isn't fit to vote. A nation that produces this field is not a nation that is fit to choose its own leaders. It makes me sad to say this, honestly. I hoped for better from my neighbors in the US.

- I have learned that its not just people with an agenda that make it impossible to know the truth. Its people who stand to gain monetarily from having US citizens as an audience. Ad revenue via clickbait lies....the very notion changes the game for me.

- I have learned that I cannot underestimate the religious fervor that my peers will approach politics with, including such notions as blind faith

Seriously...i could not be more cynical and have any less faith in my countrymen. This stupid little pissing match is coming at the expense of the rest of us who weren't insane enough to create this little dilemma we have here.

Well said.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Propaganda bull#?

That's rich for an avatar on Above Top Secret. You certainly won the Deny Ignorance trophy.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The corruption is far worse, than even my most fever induced nightmares ever conjured up...

Also that the brainwashing that has been done to condition people to vote against the other guy is far stronger than I thought possible.

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Nothing but truth.

link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Propaganda bull#?

That's rich for an avatar on Above Top Secret. You certainly won the Deny Ignorance trophy.

You prove my point.

Where is your logically-based argument to counter mine?

Your argument is emotional, irrelevant bull#.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join