It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What Have You Learned This Election Cycle?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Hatred is rooted in jealousy I believe. That's quite telling! We never forgot, just learned to hide it. It's as natural as love.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
How to love.

I've never felt so much pride in real people for standing up to those who would seek to control them.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I learned that Clinton is untouchable and Trump likes to grab girls by the Hoo-Ha.

FBI lacks genitalia and is the Justice Departments bitch.

The State Department is synonymous with Clinton Foundation. A rose by another name.

Wikileaks isn't just a clever name, in fact fitting. But what we need is a Wikidump.

Long live the king!
edit on 7-11-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm gonna cheat, and speak more about what I've seen people around me learn. Okay I'll cheat even more, and not bother with details.

In general I've seen a lot of growth within people through this political cycle. People who were not even political, I watched them evolve through naivety to form their own opinions.

People who were political and started off supporting their base because that's what they always did... many of them experienced cognitive dissonance, and found some peace by breaking away from their camp & forging a new path.

I saw people who had very rigid views get them turned upside down, inside out, and now they're speaking in a fairly nuanced way. That amazed me.

This has been a traumatic process for many. Lots of growth.

Personally? I've been an observer before the chatter got started, and remain mostly so just the same today.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That its worse than even I could have known. The press crushed the old bench mark for fabrication ect. Misdirection and not really redressing government at all which is the only reason they are protected by the 1st.

edit on 7-11-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have learned that it really doesn't matter what the people want, the government will just carry on as they please. We're just along for the ride, or captive hostages, whichever way you want to look at it.
edit on 7-11-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

How to hate.

Maybe that comes from realizing one has real enemies, enemies that aren't content in going their own way, but demand that you go their was as well.

I've lived most of my life thinking I didn't have any enemies, now I realize that I do. It changes things.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Certainly worth talking about after the elections. There is a freedom of press, but when that press becomes inherently bias are their freedoms still allowed?

I think this issue more than anything will be very important going forward.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I've learned there are times to keep your mouth shut. This is one of those times.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Logarock

Certainly worth talking about after the elections. There is a freedom of press, but when that press becomes inherently bias are their freedoms still allowed?

I think this issue more than anything will be very important going forward.

Well look at it this way.....Obama Care is downright oppressive but we hear nothing from the press in our behalf toward the government. Only support for oppression and fanfare. Time even wrote an article on the great justice that voted to tax the people by fine for not participating. Press says nothing because they are a party wing.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Haven't learned much this election cycle. Only had further confirmation of what was already obvious. The Right Wing is a special kind of stupid and the propaganda has been very effective.

I'm not saying the Left doesn't have their idiots that are voting for Clinton, but we're talking about a new level of idiocy with the Right Wing that lacks honesty, logic, critical thinking skills and even basic reading comprehension. Many of the very principles they claim to uphold are tough for them to comprehend.

Personal responsibility...only applies to the rest of us.

Constitutional principles...only applicable when it suits their needs.

Rule of law...they can't understand precedence and it's application.

At this point I couldn't care less whom is elected, but I do hope we look back on this time and recognize that this was an election in which half the country was taken-in by a candidate that speaks like a 4th grader and they expected us to respect their opinions as if they were intelligent, critically-thinking adults.

This election has insulted my intelligence. This election should be known as the election that brought out the morons.

edit on 7-11-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I've learned that just about any attempt to discuss partisan politics in a civilized manner is not only a skill incapable by most -- but an utterly insane exercise of futility.

It seems that people would rather bash one another over the head with verbal abuse and sling mud, than actually try to discuss valid political issues in a rational manner. (BOTH sides!)

I've also learned that I really detest the election season, anything remotely related to elephants or donkeys, Cheetos and the color orange.

So, yeah... Can't wait for tomorrow to be over and done with.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I learned that if someone in a foreign nation wanted to make a substantial donation to an American-based foundation, it must first be approved by the State Department.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I have learned that I had far too many toxic people in my life that I was completely unaware of until this circus got going. The election brought out the true colors of people in this country like nothing else I've ever seen. There are people whom I now know that I will never speak to again...and I am 100% OK with that. Anyone who does a complete Jekyll and Hyde number over a stupid election is not a person I care to associate with ever again.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Man you are one of the biggest offenders. Its hard to take you seriously at all. As long as folks like you are mixed in the discussion its going to be a mess.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It is rare that elitists are actually elite, and that rings true in your condescending words and feigned superiority.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Makes you put your hopes in the coming September doesn't it? Kind of sad really. I never thought would make me look forward for that.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Man you are one of the biggest offenders. Its hard to take you seriously at all. As long as folks like you are mixed in the discussion its going to be a mess.

Can't entertain dissenting opinion, huh?

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It is rare that elitists are actually elite, and that rings true in your condescending words and feigned superiority.

It's sad that you consider honesty and logic to be an elitist trait. It is only condescending to those that find themselves to be inferior. That complex is not a burden I am forced to bear.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Haven't learned much this election cycle. Only had further confirmation of what was already obvious. The Right Wing is a special kind of stupid and the propaganda has been very effective.

I'm not saying the Left doesn't have their idiots that are voting for Clinton, but we're talking about a new level of idiocy with the Right Wing that lacks honesty, logic, critical thinking skills and even basic reading comprehension. Many of the very principles they claim to uphold are tough for them to comprehend.

Personal responsibility...only applies to the rest of us.

Constitutional principles...only applicable when it suits their needs.

Rule of law...they can't understand precedence and it's application.

At this point I couldn't care less whom is elected, but I do hope we look back on this time and recognize that this was an election in which half the country was taken-in by a candidate that speaks like a 4th grader and they expected to respect their opinions as if they were intelligent, critically-thinking adults.

This election has insulted my intelligence. This election should be known as the election that brought out the morons.

Thank you for confirming my previous statement:

I never realized how despicable progressives actually are

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It's sad that you consider honesty and logic to be an elitist trait. It is only condescending to those that find themselves to be inferior. That complex is not a burden I am forced to bear.

I consider condescension and feigned superiority an elitist trait, which is immediately apparent by what I said. If you were honest and logical, you might have mentioned that.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join