It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The middle class will not survive without Trump.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: xstealth
Our jobs are often less than 40 hours a week and don't provide healthcare so we have to buy Obamacare which is now as much or more than a mortgage because the middle class doesn't qualify for subsidies.

Is that your view of the middle class?

This is how the upper class views the middle class:

Who defines this middle class, anyway?

Am I middle class? NOT by those numbers.

100k/yr with a 7 person family.

I'm struggling.

Use your own city then pit your income against it. Some national number thing is complete BS defining middle class which is what all politicians use. It's wrong on like 10 different levels.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: xstealth

so your answer is to elected a person that hasn't even been close to being middle class, he was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, and at this stage of his life, replaced it with a foot.

Better chance there than with an american school liberal progressive. Its been clear these progressives don't understand. Like LBJ thought this was a big cattle ranch with different colored cows. Thats a dumbazz lib dem for you.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Our jobs are often less than 40 hours a week and don't provide healthcare so we have to buy Obamacare which is now as much or more than a mortgage because the middle class doesn't qualify for subsidies.

This is how the upper class views the middle class:

Who defines this middle class, anyway?

Actually, isn't that how the poor think of the middle class as well?

I also agree that there is some ambiguity of what "middle class" is.
edit on 7-11-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

so your answer is to elected a person that hasn't even been close to being middle class, he was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, and at this stage of his life, replaced it with a foot.

Correction, two feet.
There are serious issues within the US economy that do need to be addressed, and taxation really has to be part of the solution, even though most people everywhere don't like taxation. The OP started off OK, he/she has a problem with with medical aid, however doesn't say for instance, just exactly how much money is needed just to give a clue as to how much is actually involved, compared to say, the tax hike mentioned of a $trillion+ on immigration aka $15,000 for every household. Without a starting point, it makes no sense, it's a rant.
The Donald has gone another way, for instance he would cut corporation tax to 15%...that's 20% less than now, to encourage industry, and the lowest paid, zero tax...in his words, "many of them don't pay tax anyway"
Dodgey, since you could transfer the same quote to the upper echelon tax avoiders..like himself, "because I'm smart"
(it would be interesting as to how much tax he has actually paid to the Federal government) My guess is not a lot.
I think he also suggests that his plan would increase investment through sections of the middle class, sadly that requires a
since that will definitely help Donald's own debts.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

There is so much waste and special spending that its down right criminal to talk about tax hikes as part of the fix.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The Economic System in this Country has been Hijacked and Rigged by the Politically Corrupt Mafia that has taken over Washington . Upward Mobility which was Once a Reality for Poor and Middle Class People to Climb Up the Economic Ladder has been Destroyed by these Sorry Excuses for Human Beings . The Spreading of Wealth has now Morphed into the Monopolization of it . None of this will Ever Change unless the American People come Together and Change the Present State of Politics to a More Representative one that Ensures Not Only that All Voices in this Country have a Say in how they are Governed , but that they also have Access to Opportunities to Enrich their Lives Financially on a Level Playing Field .

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
people like Hillary want only 2 classes the rich and the poor.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Thoren

...and to think Donald Trump is some kind of glorified savior is laughable. I wouldn't be surprised if the next POTUS becomes stagnant and unproductive. Neither Trump nor Hillary have enough support in congress to get anything passed. Welcome to another 4 years of a do-nothing congress.

I personally don't care if he was born on a bed of dollar bills.

If he repeals Obamacare and plays golf for the next 4 years then he'll have done more for the middle class than any politician in a decade.
edit on 7/11/16 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

If he does not fix the root of the problem then the middle class will never do well. Obamacare is only one of the many symptoms of the actual disease that has infected this country.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Thoren

...and to think Donald Trump is some kind of glorified savior is laughable. I wouldn't be surprised if the next POTUS becomes stagnant and unproductive. Neither Trump nor Hillary have enough support in congress to get anything passed. Welcome to another 4 years of a do-nothing congress.

I personally don't care if he was born on a bed of dollar bills.

If he repeals Obamacare and plays golf for the next 4 years then he'll have done more for the middle class than any politician in a decade.

Agreed. I can no longer afford what the health insurance rates will be for 2017 for my family of 4. Just 4 years ago, it was $450 a month for a decent policy. The first year of the ACA, my premiums rose 68%. Then they went to over $900 a month, they're now over $1,100, and my premium renewal came in at almost $1,600 for even less coverage. My wife and I seriously considering covering the kids and paying the penalty for us.

Thank you to all the bastard politicians for forcing me to make choices with potentially huge financial impacts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join