It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The middle class will not survive without Trump.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Our jobs are often less than 40 hours a week and don't provide healthcare so we have to buy Obamacare which is now as much or more than a mortgage because the middle class doesn't qualify for subsidies.

Hillary Clinton is so set on amnesty so she can flood the red states with new democrat voters to lock up this leftist political dynasty forever she's willing to tax you for it.

Amnesty for illegal immigrants like a program proposed by Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton would require an immediate tax hike of $1.2 trillion, a $15,000 hit on every household in America, according to a new analysis of immigration reform.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

She's voted twice as a senator to raise taxes on the middle class.

The middle class will not survive. I'll be disgusted with anyone who would support her, because most of them have no clue the struggles of the middle class family provider.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I would say the country as a whole has a chance of not surviving no matter which candidate is elected. The fact they've both made it this far has me completely astonished. It says a lot about this country when two people that are completely disastrous to it's own health and well being are being supported by anyone at all.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

so your answer is to elected a person that hasn't even been close to being middle class, he was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, and at this stage of his life, replaced it with a foot.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton has confirmed many times that she will raise taxes.

Do it to corporations/wealthy, and they reduce benefits and/or move out of the country.
Result = WORKING CLASS HURT.

Do it to ordinary taxpayers and the result is the same for the working class, but more direct.

Either way, a Clinton presidency means a lot of pain for those who aren't on the government dole.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
Our jobs are often less than 40 hours a week and don't provide healthcare so we have to buy Obamacare which is now as much or more than a mortgage because the middle class doesn't qualify for subsidies.

Is that your view of the middle class?

This is how the upper class views the middle class:

Who defines this middle class, anyway?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
She is going to punish the middle. Same as Obama. Hillary has a deep seated hate for the middle class and upper middle. They are the ones that crushed her first healthcare reform. It was soo bad they were spitting in her face and throwing things at her limo. This is was on Frontline PBS, middle class wanted her burned at the stake. She carries a lot of those demons with her and wants them to suffer while watching it with glowing eyes of joy.

Everything she does is to enrich herself and put the middle and upper middle in a vice grip that is impossible to escape from. She want to use the poor to finish them off. Two classes. Rich and poor. That is her lust in life.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

...and to think Donald Trump is some kind of glorified savior is laughable. I wouldn't be surprised if the next POTUS becomes stagnant and unproductive. Neither Trump nor Hillary have enough support in congress to get anything passed. Welcome to another 4 years of a do-nothing congress.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Those income numbers are as accurate as government unemployment figures.

Quite the propaganda pamphlet there.

Don't believe the lies, although these figures easily qualify as ludicrous online lies...

..unless the "middle class" is now limited to 10% of the population.

edit on 7-11-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Neither candidate wants to abolish the federal reserve and remove us from this fiat currency (funny money) system that we are on. As long as we remain on a debt based system the problems that plague our economy will not go away. A debt based currency will only result in more debt over time and the devaluation of the dollar which harms middle class families. This does not effect the rich who will always increase prices of goods or other services that they own and pass the cost of a devalued dollar on to the middle class and working poor.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The people are being played again as usual and most don't see it. The false dichotomy is working as usual.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
No offense but if trumps wall was created or his program to remove all illegals. Who do you think will be paying for those programs. No Mexico is not, if you really believe they will you are truly crazy. We the middle class are screwed no matter who wins.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This middle class seems to be a myth to me.

It's a two class system. Those with the wealth (and the power) and those without.

Convincing you that this is not the case is one of their greatest victories.

Marx was right about this one i'm afraid.

The 1% has no incentive to help the 99% because they don't have anything to gain from it. You have to force change.
edit on -060006pm11kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

You are quite right. The people that resemble what we would call the middle class are actually poor and living up to their necks in debt. They have no real wealth since they actually own nothing. The only difference between the so called middle class and working poor is debt. Both in reality have no net worth. One just has debt and the other does not.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

I

It is defined by whatever the median income is in your city or general area. It is basically BUYING POWER.

For example, take two nice homes. In TX the home is worth 375K. In PA the same exact home in a similar setting is worth 795k but, the taxes are like 3X more than TX.

Obviously it is going to take a lot more income for the one in PA than TX but they are almost the exact same product!

Middle class is buying power and there is no defined number like Obama or whoever else tries to tag. What is middle in PA is not middle in TX going off of income.
edit on 7-11-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

They are not going to figure this out for you. You have to figure it out for yourself. They will just throw shotgun blast numbers out and point it in the direction they want it to go.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren
I would say the country as a whole has a chance of not surviving no matter which candidate is elected. The fact they've both made it this far has me completely astonished. It says a lot about this country when two people that are completely disastrous to it's own health and well being are being supported by anyone at all.

it's trump voters I'm worried about, especially the alt-right-hardliners. their level of intense hatred for all things "government" stoked by trumps year-long assault, will (I believe) drive one, some, or many into violent action.
if you don't think this has been in "discussion" among law enforcement agencies, you would be mistaken.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

In comparison with real actual violence perpetrated on behalf of the DNC?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I'm sure it has been in discussion by law enforcement agencies but not for just Trump supporters but for Hillary supporters as well. Both sides have extremes and they have both shown themselves this election season.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

It's a two class system. Those with the wealth (and the power) and those without.

The 1% has no incentive to help the 99% because they don't have anything to gain from it. You have to force change.

LOL, I think the definition of "middle class" is people who can pay their rent/mortgage, finance a car, and pay all the bills, have a decent credit score, and not going into the negative monthly if a "sudden" bill pops up.... well, maybe that is "well off" now.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Ohanka

LOL, I think the definition of "middle class" is people who can pay their rent/mortgage, finance a car, and pay all the bills, have a decent credit score, and not going into the negative monthly if a "sudden" bill pops up.... well, maybe that is "well off" now.

Look, middle class is whatever the MEDIAN income is in your general area. It's not any harder than that. Go look up what is the median income in your city and that will tell you what is middle class. It is not based off of INCOME. It is based on cost of living in your neck of the woods. Median Income in NY City is going to be insane compared to Meridian MS. It's just stupid to try and put a number on it.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Am I middle class? NOT by those numbers.

100k/yr with a 7 person family.

I'm struggling.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join