It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an epiphany, and I feel compelled to share it here.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Honestly I'm not sure what you're asking me.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I was just saying before you made the post before... someone defined you or said what you should be... like some sort of blank canvas. You said what your emotion was to paint on said canvas completeing that picture... then the next poster confirmed yes that last painted you what you felt like you were.

I simply pointed at what occured... by saying if you don't want to be a brat then why make such labels your reality?

As soon as someone says hey you're this you're that? From the start of life all the way up to now... we have accepted such labels allowed them to define us... so why keep doing such a thing?

Life is a choose your own adventure; of course expectation says you have to be this be that be anything except who and what you already were in the nowness of what you already are by being what you've never been.

Understand? If so standabove such things that is if you want too. The weight one carries is by those very attachments that we mistake as a being instead of what simply is.

A tree a tree? How about when it's a wooden chair? To the cat that will climb all around on it? Still a tree despite being a chair.

edit on 23-11-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I think I understand.

That's a little what my other thread going on right now is about. Getting sucked into an illusion and breaking free from it. Replace the word illusion with labels and voila, I understand you.

I guess I just want things to make sense for fugging once in my life and labels might help with that, you know? But maybe it doesn't have to make sense and I just need to accept that it'll never make sense and trust me whatever labels I or anyone else throws around? I have this dooming feeling like it's all temporary and fleeting. I almost wish it wasn't because for fugging once in my life I wish I had something stable and substantial to hold onto... but it's like whenever I just start to really sink my roots into the ground, I get torn out and become groundless again and have to find new ground.

I guess that's life and I just have to accept that it can't be defined, or captured. It's shapeless, and constantly moving. Like how there is no shape to water. That's the essence of who I truly am.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Exactly...

Well, accepting a label is to accept a role... I am now becoming this, or experimenting with this as a self... but is that a self? Or just expressing it as one for however long it takes to learn how to play that part or character...

Yay ima libra now what the hell are libras like? Lemme go find out and say hey thats me! then live up to being that label same business with any other concept or label of definition one accepts as them. Be it religious or whatever I am now becoming this becoming that and grasping this and grasping that, and someone says you're this that or the other...

all of those no one has to accept because they are not self they are temporary or transitory and an expression of belonging to some group taken as a self instead of well just a being that is none of those things except in the moment it is occuring convenient to declare such.

Of course as a personal growth indicator of personal expectations then that is self learning self help and others that have walked it can say hey here's what helped me... eventually no one has to run around saying im now this im now that... they are just an expression of all of that experience in totalitiy of being beyond the dogma when having actually walked it and shut up the talking of it... of course the knowledge of those labels and descriptions are there if necessary to explain something...

They really dont have to be though as a living example of such a thing as a self no longer becoming this that or the other just a self accepting life as life and avoiding complicating it more than need be by those very labels to control and expect others to be or live up to them... ones view of someone is never that person just their own view of them as that person expresses themselves like it or not they are not oneself so running around trying to make them oneself is kinda silly or touched in the head.

This self grasping arises and falls comes and goes... the self that does none of that? Is what it is and needs no definition or grasping to be that it just is... moment by moment by moment and not self or other decieving. Am I a smoker? Yes but only when I am smoking, what am I right now? A typist in that moment true to what is occuring and arising... not any of that? Simply a potiential waiting to happen fluctuating with no attachment just an expression of life. Of course I am not a smoker or typist in the ultimate sense of being it is a visual label another can see occuring as it is occuring and know that that is the only reality occuring in and of itself in that sphere of consciousness called seeing as it moves well as fast as the speed of light... call it anything and sound travels much much slower and becomes a pie in ones own face of attachment.

edit on 24-11-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: because the post button is outlined instead of preview? moth to flame lol

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Thank you for making me aware of those things.....Now I must apply it.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

For what intent? The importance of such a thing is a question to ask oneself as it creates the karma... so when you first thought... I must apply this... then what was that origional intent in wanting to do so? There is where the formation of karma will lay buried.

Do I want to be the seed for that fruition that came out of what you grasped?

The difference is in how what was taken from such tasted... apparently good to eat and yet to me it was what it was so if it comes out good or bad then how is the tree responsibile for ones own tongue?

That is the duality and the burden one carries the intent does a tree have intent or does a tree simply do what a tree does?

You saw it as a gift whatever it is you picked from it as yours and I sincerely hope how you apply it does not become a curse to oneself in others in the flavor of understanding into which you bit. With intention...

Cause and effect are the inheritance of the one carrying not carrying and simply giving then it is what it is as the I am makes use of such things.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

My first thought was...OMG !...I'm being a fool. ..I need to change the way I am looking at things and interacting with others....it is very easy to slip into being presumptuous . I needed a wake up call.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Learning how to listen instead of dictating is one of the best skills make the heart have ears by making that fool mouth shut up.

edit on 26-11-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Yes...I agree...and in this modern age..we must make our fool fingers comply as well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join