It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History and workings of exit polling and AP election reporting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I thought some might been interested in this background on two subjects related to the election.

Some history on exit polling and the source of vote totals used by the news media.

1 - Pew Research Center article on exit polling. I doubt this is the only group.

The source for those sorts of detailed analyses of the electorate is Edison Research. The Somerville, New Jersey-based firm has conducted exit polls for the National Election Pool (a consortium of ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox and The Associated Press) since 2003 – originally in conjunction with Mitofsky International, and since 2006 on its own. But just how does Edison do it?

How exit polling is done

2 - The AP on reporting the election. They will be the repository for vote totals that are displayed.

Here’s how The Associated Press provides results with speed and accuracy on which its member news organizations and subscribers rely.

Link to AP article.

Related here

A member created a thread here after seeing in place data on a news site in DFW Texas. It was the AP test data being set into place on the web site. (per that site). If someone remembers the thread, they can post a link. A miss with my search keywords.

join