It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Softball with AugustusMasonicus

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I need to keep up with this shizzle, I pop off and before I know it you guys are culling pups in a heartbeat??

Yeah, this person is hardcore.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Need a new scotch to buy myself at chrimbo dude any suggestions?.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Welcome back to another edition of Softball. Our guest this afternoon is one of the most loved members on this site and she graciously accepted my offer to interview her and be subjected to my despicable humor which will most likely require a bleach and wire brush scrub down afterwards.

Anyone who is even remotely familiar with this site will instantly recognize our guest, the Evil Elf Queen of the Shed, Night Star.

AM: I want to thank you and apologize in advance on participating in something that will obviously ruin your Sunday. As the current keeper of the Shed’s keys, is it true that the Shed’s motto is: “You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy?”

NS: The pixies told you that didn't they? They just love causing mischief. They do a make some great drinks though and can be rather helpful cooking up a feast for us.

The Shed has the most amazing people you could ever hope to find. We have writers who tell stories. We share our daily lives, our ups and downs and everything in between. There is laughter and tears and much love and compassion. I am proud to call these people 'friend'. It is not an exclusive job and anyone can join us at any time.

AM: Do you charge for membership?

NS: Don't give me any ideas. No, there is never a charge. The dragons would burn my butt if I did.

AM: If you do end up charging I want my 10% for thinking of it. You are seldom seen outside the Shed, is that because you think the rest of us out here are not real?

NS: You mean there are real people outside the Shed? Actually I am all over the board giving stars and flags when I feel they are deserved. I do comment here and there on threads, but often I am in the background just reading.

Sometimes I'll get to a thread and a number of people already gave the answer or advice that I would have gave, so I don't want be redundant and remain silent. Politics drives me crazy, so I usually remain silent on those issues. I am quick to respond to threads where people are feeling down or have lost a family member or pet or are suffering or struggling in some way.

Relationships are too damned complicated. I may make a rare appearance in those types of threads. Your threads are always good for a laugh, which I often need.

AM: Nope, everyone out here is just a hologram in the matrix. Actually, I have seen many of your non-Shed threads, particularly the birthday ones. As the maven of birthday thread creation do you do this because you want to get invited to their pizza parties?

NS: To hell with the pizza, give me cake and a drink! I love to acknowledge people's special days like Birthdays or ATS Anniversaries.

AM: Yeah, pizza ain't too popular these days. Speaking of drinking, please finish this sentence: Last time I was drunk I...

NS: Hmmm...at one time I could drink like a fish. I guess I was a wild child in my youth. LOL! Met rock stars, went to night clubs to see bands all the time. Now that I'm an old fart and on meds, I'm a cheap date and a few drinks get me drunk. So I will say the last time I got drunk, I was amusing and charming. Oh and comical.

AM: (Night Star asked me to omit that she actually passed out in front of the Wendy's at the corner of Rhodes and Eddy in the middle downtown Providence so I wont mention that). Which rock stars did you meet?

NS: That was soooo long ago and my memory sucks, but let's see...Ozzy who I was surprised to find was rather quite charming. I kept asking him questions so I could hear his English accent. Back in the 70's 80's, the hair bands. Met Kiss a number of times as I was fan back then. Backstage was fun and noooo, I never slept with any rock star. I wasn't that type of girl. I met a member of Aerosmith, The bassist of Yes, Had a blast with the English band The Sweet. I found the English bands more down to earth.

I know I'm forgetting some good ones, but I'm still on my first cup of coffee. My biggest regret was not taking pictures back then. I was a teen and wanted to look mature, not like some little teeny bopper all gushing and everything. LOL! I wanted to meet these people to see what they were like offstage.

AM: If I had a soul I would trade it right now for a pic of you in your concert tee with giant teased hair. So what first brought you to ATS?

NS: First of all, I was never the t-shirt type. It was more like a Stevie Nicks/Night Star combo of fashion. I embraced my femininity. I also did the snug leggings and loved high heeled boots. That was back when I had a nice body. You wouldn't want to see me dressed in those leggings today!

What first brought me to ATS? I was probably looking up unexplained mysteries, paranormal or UFO type stuff.

AM: Don't sell yourself short, I'll embrace your femininity. So you came for the crazy and you stayed for the cookies. What is your favorite conspiracy?

NS: Hmmm...there are so many. I'm one that believes that 911 was an inside job.

AM: So who do you think did it?

NS: Our own corrupt people. That's scary.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

AM: Let's lighten it up and get everyone back in from the ledge. You have mentioned previously you suffer from insomnia, have you ever tried an ‘herbal’ cure?

NS: I didn't know you knew me so well. Sometimes you surprise me. I usually take melatonin, but it doesn't always work. Being disabled, I can always catch up on sleep when I need to.

AM: Mason = I know everything.

So that's a 'no' on the chronic. You are rapidly closing in on 30,000 posts, that's a lot of kitteh photos, does any one post still stick out in your mind as being your best?

NS: God, no, not really. I try to put a lot of thought behind my meaningful posts. I have said so much through the years, I couldn't really say what my best post was.

AM: We'll just say your best post is this one. When Night Star is not posting on ATS and earning her government shill paycheck she's...

NS: Dull and boring and not doing much of anything. Nothing exciting really. I like to go out with a friend or my Sister for lunch and shopping, girly stuff. If I'm in the mood I like to be creative and do some crafts like making jewelry or something. I love getting lost in the pages of a good book, listening to good music, watching a good movie or documentary.

AM: Perfect segue into the softball segment.

Favorite type of food or dish when you dine out?

NS: I enjoy Chicken Française or some gourmet meal. My Sister takes me out to some fancy restaurants and you can usually find some interesting things on the menus. I like to try new things. Oh and usually a black Russian or two, maybe some exotic drink or wine.

AM: And after the meal, you head home and put your favorite film on, which is?

NS: Oh I have always loved The Lord Of The Rings movies. It has my Elven kin in there and all. Or..some good haunting type of movie or sci-fi.

AM: What's a great scary movie that you can recommend?

NS: I enjoy things like The first Amityville Horror, The Conjuring 1 and 2, I forget the name of the one with the little blond girl Carol Ann...hmm...I know I'm missing some good ones here, just can't remember off the top of my head. I prefer these haunting types as opposed to the horror with blood and gore and no real story line.

AM: (I was worried she was going to say my hostage cam feed) I believe you were referring to Poltergeist. Favorite book?

NS: YES! Thank you! Favorite book...ah, too numerous to list! I love fantasy books of course with dragons and elves and what-not. I love Sci-Fi. Time travel ones are great! I will read most genres, but no Harlequin romance stuff!

AM: Television program?

NS: Believe it or not, we don't have cable and no reception for television. We have Netflix though. Mostly watch movies or documentaries when relaxing, or YouTube. There are tons of things on YouTube.

AM: Any favorite YouTube channels?

NS: There is one I follow that I use to inspire my writing stories in the shed. It is music by Peter Gundry. I think that's his name. Otherwise, I'm all over the place just picking through things I come across that look interesting. I love David Paulides Missing 411 stuff.

AM: Pegasus or Unicorn?

NS: Oh that's a tough one! I'll go with Pegasus. I love things with wings!

AM: What are you personally doing to Make America Great Again?

NS: Bahahaha! I'm being my great self.

AM: That will certainly put the economy over the top.

Final question, which ATS member would you most like to meet in person and why?

NS: OMG, there are so many! Honestly, I couldn't pick just one. Well maybe LoneCloudHopper2. I know him from other forums and we became close friends. He lives in Canada. Known him for almost 12 years. I would love to meet all the Shed folks and many others on ATS. I wish I could have met you and the others in New York.

Night Star, being tiny, appropriately resides in our tinniest state, Rhode Island, where she has a spectacular mansion filled with priceless artwork. For most of her 30 year career she worked in manufacturing.

Night has been married for 37 or 38 years (she wasn't sure, so hopefully her husband doesn't read this), and she enjoys spending time with her two brothers and sister. She loves nature and animals which she has been known to frequently adopt, although digging the microchips out that her neighbors put in their pets can be problemsome.

Well, that concludes this session of Softball, hopefully you did not have your soul torn out by Night Stars overwhelming evilness, anyone who likes puppies and dragons that much makes me fearful. So if you see a happy ex-rocker chic staggering towards you muttering about giving you a backstage pass, run. Run very far.

Thank you all again for reading and thank you Night Star for being a fun interview. Your parting gifts this afternoon are an industrial size can of hairspray and a crimping iron. Rock on sister.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Bahahaha! Loved your comments! Noooo I don't live in a mansion, just a small cozy apartment!

Nooo, I did not pass out in front of Wendy's! Back in the day though I might have passed out elsewhere.

Oh and I am far from tiny! OMG! LOL

I actually still have a crimping iron thingy. LOL Never use it anymore. Maybe I should try it again.

Well, this wasn't as scary as I thought it would be and it was fun doing this with you Mason. I am honored to have been chosen. Just hope I didn't bore people to death.

edit on 18-12-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh Night you did fantastic.

I cannot believe I have never read this thread.

I have seven pages to read.

Great Job Mason.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

AM: (I was worried she was going to say my hostage cam feed)

The ones with ATS members in it? Oh yeah, I wasn't supposed to mention that.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Thanks Kat! Mason can be pretty intimidating and scary. He's just a sweetie, but don't tell him I told you that. Oh, did I say that out loud?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You could never be boring and it's fun that you felt comfortable in letting people in a little more.

I enjoyed it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thank you Chirp! God I love that avatar and signature pic!!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

A sterling interview!

As such a cornerstone of ATS, she was the perfect candidate for an interview.

(I want to say nice things so she doesn't hex me or something)
edit on 18-12-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Well, this wasn't as scary as I thought it would be and it was fun doing this with you Mason. I am honored to have been chosen. Just hope I didn't bore people to death.

Thank you, it was fun. Glad you enjoyed it too.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Great Job Mason.

Thank you, have fun catching up.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A sterling interview!

Thank you.

Wise man. She could turn you into a newt.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A sterling interview!

I loved yours! Cracked me up! Oh and yes, never mess with the elf. She knows spells and stuff.
Thanks glad you enjoyed it!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Augustus this was wonderful! Night you did a great job! Thank you both! I really enjoyed reading this.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Thanks Jess! I got the interview because Zazzy was too busy washing her hair.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You did a great job answering, Night
And good questions, Mason. I enjoyed reading it

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Thanks!

I love her too...she is a christmas 'elf' or something of the forest...

feeling loving lately.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Augustus this was wonderful! Night you did a great job! Thank you both! I really enjoyed reading this.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join