It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Anyone else saving up to go to Space?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: underwerks

Who's selling that ride?

No one besides Russia at around $20 million at the moment, but I'm hoping within 20 years there might be private spaceflight companies doing it. If not, I'll take what I can get.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Greetings-

A couple things... #1) When You "die" You get to travel 'to the stars' for FREE, but You'd like to go while still 'in body', I can dig it.

If it was available would You leave at a 'moment's notice'? You're familiar with 'Space Time'? If You don't get the math right or 'bend space' correctly, when/IF You do return 'here' Nobody You knew would still be here;

Are You 'ready to go' now? So think of Your kids, Mate, parents, friends...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

2o million ? Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap
Right now I'm saving up for a Playstation 4 Pro.

Space travel will need to take a back seat for the time being.

Nintendo Switch!!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Where to buy a space trip

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Greetings-

A couple things... #1) When You "die" You get to travel 'to the stars' for FREE, but You'd like to go while still 'in body', I can dig it.

If it was available would You leave at a 'moment's notice'? You're familiar with 'Space Time'? If You don't get the math right or 'bend space' correctly, when/IF You do return 'here' Nobody You knew would still be here;

Are You 'ready to go' now? So think of Your kids, Mate, parents, friends...

Oh yeah, I'd leave right now if I had the chance. I have no kids, no wife or girlfriend at the moment, and I ain't scared of no time dilation

Knowing me like they do, my family would look at me weird if I DIDN'T choose to go right now haha. I'm known for just taking off at a moments notice and traveling thousands of miles just to do it.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

2o million ? Good luck with that.

Oh yeah there's no way I could ever afford that in 5 lifetimes probably. I was just hoping there might be cheaper options in 20 years or so. If not, I'll take what I can get when the time comes.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
"Anyone else saving up to go to Space?

I may start after tomorrow's results.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just give it another two decades or so . . . they'll be opening up even mundane jobs in space for people.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: DeadCat

originally posted by: InTheLight
Nope, but hopefully they will have 'win a trip into space' contests, of which I will most certainly enter - many times, if I am allowed.

You could sign up for Mars One.

I would sign up for Mars One if I thought I had a chance in hell of making the cut.

I bet everyone else is thinking the same thing.. So maybe if you are cocky enough to apply, you'll get a free pass.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Nope, but hopefully they will have 'win a trip into space' contests, of which I will most certainly enter - many times, if I am allowed.

You could sign up for Mars One.

I would sign up for Mars One if I thought I had a chance in hell of making the cut.

I bet everyone else is thinking the same thing.. So maybe if you are cocky enough to apply, you'll get a free pass.

Why not. Worth a shot I guess. If I get selected I'll plant an ATS flag.

ETA: Just checked and Mars One isn't accepting applications anymore

edit on 7-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I have an account I put money in for cryonics. I say put your money wherever you want. Damn what others think.

I'm hoping that within that time frame the price will drop due to advances in technology

I think that's exactly what will occur.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

I have an account I put money in for cryonics. I say put your money wherever you want. Damn what others think.

I'm hoping that within that time frame the price will drop due to advances in technology

I think that's exactly what will occur.

I hope so. It'd be amazing if the price dropped enough to be able to actually afford to take a spacewalk. I'm not sure that will happen though.

I've been hoping for years that commercial space travel would eventually get down to maybe the price of a cruise but it's going a lot slower than I thought. Its nice to have hope that before I die I might be able to actually float around in space a little bit.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for my flying car that was promised way back when.

They said we'd be living on the moon by now too.

You can get a few grams of your ashes up there, tho, reasonably priced even.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
I'm still waiting for my flying car that was promised way back when.

They said we'd be living on the moon by now too.

You can get a few grams of your ashes up there, tho, reasonably priced even.

I'd live on the moon in a second. I've thought about the having your ashes shot into space thing too haha. Its between that and being turned into a tree

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Indirectly, yes. I want to make plays that increase my options. Space exploration is an aim far further down the road. Before that of course life extension tech and genetic tinkering.
edit on 7-11-2016 by SignalMal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think it would make more financial sense to invest the amount you want to save into making even more money so when the day comes where it's reasonable, you just go.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I think it would make more financial sense to invest the amount you want to save into making even more money so when the day comes where it's reasonable, you just go.

True, but I'm not that knowledgeable about investments and I don't have the time with school and work to always be on top of trying to multiply the money I'm saving.

Maybe in a few years when I'm done with school I'll look in to doing that. Good idea.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't need to. I get regular trips to the secret Mason-Illuminati moon base we have had there since the 1950's that used Nazi technology to establish.

Both of my grandfathers were Masons, think I could get a discount?

so were mine too as well might as well just go ahead and join up.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sylent6

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't need to. I get regular trips to the secret Mason-Illuminati moon base we have had there since the 1950's that used Nazi technology to establish.

Both of my grandfathers were Masons, think I could get a discount?

so were mine too as well might as well just go ahead and join up.

Don't really see myself as Mason material. I have too much respect for them to apply

top topics

<< 1   >>

join