It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

long lines at polls result of GOP voter suppression

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The supreme court recently gutted the voting rights act and now we are seeing long lines at polls. Why is it where there are more blacks and hispanics
there is longer lines and less places to vote. The number of polling places as compared to 2012 has dropped in some states by the 100s. Wow!

thinkprogress.org...

by jtoj123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2016 by jtoj123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Why is it where there are more blacks and hispanics there is longer lines and less places to vote.

Where are you voting at on this date and at this hour?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jtoj123

As long as you are in line when the polls close, you get to vote.... no matter how long the line is.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Please provide a source.

New and paid disinfo agents are popping up like rats.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There are long lines everywhere. I live in one of the whitest counties in the country. Long long line and this was last Monday early afternoon. Complete BS.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Where?
Voting does not start until tomorrow.
Some places had early voting but those were over by this weekend, as far as I know.

And what would the GOP have to do with the number of polling locations?

edit on 11/7/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Where?
Voting does not start until tomorrow.
Some places had early voting but those were over by this weekend, as far as I know.

Yes, early voting last week. Long line everyday last week in north east TX. I go to the local city forum and they all said the same thing, long lines. Day I went it was 95% whites.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Looks like many precincts are just plain incompetent.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Long lines are a good thing.
It means more people are voting.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like many precincts are just plain incompetent.

I would not say incompetent. They are getting flooded with high voter turnout this year. The line was actually moving fairly smooth but it was just long. People in line, older voters were saying they had never seen it like that before. Voter turnout is going to be insane.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

www.slate.com...
edit on 7-11-2016 by jtoj123 because: wrong source

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

That is not the main reason why the lines are longer, it is because of fewer voting locations

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

north carolina?
interesting choice of where to send federal troops

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtoj123

www.slate.com...

From your source...

The problem is a state law that allows any person to revoke any other person’s right to vote by gathering mail that was returned as undeliverable, then challenging the voter registration of residents at those addresses. If those voters do not appear at a county board of elections or return a notarized form, they are removed from the voter rolls, often without their knowledge.

Bad source, different issue, shall we try again?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Please provide a source.

New and paid disinfo agents are popping up like rats.

Those Insane Early Voting Lines Were a Direct Result of Republican Voter Suppression
www.slate.com...

North Carolina GOP Brags Racist Voter Suppression Is Working—And They're Right
www.thedailybeast.com...

Republican-controlled boards of elections in those 17 counties closed all but one early voting site per county.

Ohio Politics Now: Thousands wait in line to cast vote before Election Day
www.dispatch.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

So those who vote should pay attention to who they elect locally because those elected locally make the voter laws?
edit on 7/11/2016 by shooterbrody because: danm lysdexia

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

correct source: www.slate.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

#shillfail

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The places with reduced voting locations also have early voting.

My (blue) state:
If you haven't voted in two years, your county purges your record requiring you to re-register. No big deal. It isn't like we didn't know this was coming up. This is the same policy as in 1980.
No early voting
Absentee ballot for-cause only
Polls are manned by volunteers
Polls open at 7:00 and close at 8:00 PM

I've never waited longer than 25 mins. to vote, and usually use the time to visit with other people in line, or talk about other topics apart from candidates.

For states with early voting, how could the judge of elections man every polling location over the course of 7-14 days with volunteers? Of course the number of polling places is reduced in early-voting states. Otherwise, it would take more money generated from higher taxes to conduct early voting multiple locations for a longer period of time.

I should be so lucky to have access to early voting, and be able to swing by the polls to see if I want to scoot in and vote, yet. Here, once you find a parking spot on Election Day, you're committed.

Each state creates its own rules and policies regarding voting/early voting. If anyone doesn't like how things are run at the polling place, speak to your local state senator and representative instead of jumping on a CTS.

To the OP, I saw another thread you posted from 10/31 titled Real Voter fraud. Have you taken any action in the past 8 days since you posted that topic? Will you take any action after posting today's topic?

Pick-up the phone and make an appointment with your state senator and state representative. No one here has any sway to affect changes you want to see in your state. Even better, consider running for local office, town council, county government, etc. instead of waiting for someone else to get around to changing it to suit you.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

meanwhile nothing to see here in regards to the voter suppression

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join