It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

When it's all over...!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's crazy to me that in 2016 people still believe a politician is going to change things for them. Whoever wins, nothing will change at all. Taxes will still go up, the dollar will have less value, we'll lose more freedoms in the name of BS security, and more countries will be invaded and people raped and killed just so we can maintain our 1970's era reliance on fossil fuels. When the system itself is corrupt, changing a "leader" doesn't mean jack ####.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I voted for Trump. I'll accept that. I'll own that.

See

We can agree.

I've never said Hillary is the best choice, but she is the "shark" swimming in the direction I want to go.

Trump? There is nothing good I can say about him - - - for the position of POTUS.

BUT, if he wins, he wins.

What direction is she swimming?

She changes her mind to whatever direction is popular at the time, but remember she has a public and private view.

The only direction I see the shark swimming is prison.

So again what direction is she swimming that you want to go?

edit on 7-11-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

How will I handle it; will I be able to handle it?

Yea, I've expected all along this was HRC's election to lose. I'll "handle" it; I'll live through it because I have no choice.

I will say at this point that in as much as the Clinton's are "scandalous" in the classical sense of the term, meaning to "give scandal" which is to prompt others into disgraceful behavior while themselves participating in and thus advocating unethical, immoral and illegal activity, the US Government has thoroughly lost my support.

Let me add that I won't be voting for either candidate because I can't discern that Trump is any less scandalous.

I certainly don't see any makings for an American Renaissance. Rather I see the end of "America" (i.e. the US), as its previously been known and experienced. Many will, of course, welcome this, all the while not really understanding the changes happening around them. And to the extent that this marks the end of an era and the end of the US as its been previously known and experienced, a great many "Americans" will have to learn how to cope with living in a nation state in which their ideas and values have been marginalized out of the public square. In a sense, they're in the process of been reduced from being contributing, participating members in civil society to mere onlookers with no more status than tourists. Knowing this is happening is in large part the reason for so much anger and angst surrounding this election. My advice to them would be...........retire to Cuba, you'll fit in as well there as you will in the US.

As to the trade off for sustained mutual prosperity will be a sustained mutual peace is typically utopian and unobtainable idea. The problem with such a so-called trade off is that in achieving that trade off it makes losers of those who'd previously been winners and losers are so often "sore" losers, especially when it comes to reducing their standard of living and expectations for a better future for their children. But with the final triumph of the Globalists under HRC, they'll have little choice except to adapt as best they can and learn to live with less of everything including status and most importantly, security.

So, for a great many, its a very sad time in the US with no prospects for genuine improvement.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
They said Obama was the massiah, that the oceans would heal, and the world would find peace.a reply to: Isurrender73

No... they said he was the Antichrist

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I'm going to be somewhat of an asshole.

Sorry in advance. But I'll never accept the cheating liar.

Um. So you won't accept either candidate?

(
)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Hillary The Evil cheated during the primary debates.

A 30 year politician had to cheat in order to win a primary debate.

Unforgivable.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well, I think it will be more like this...

Than this...

Peace to all, and to all a goodnight, a good morrow and, well, whatever happens, I'm focussing on finding my post-apocalyptic happy place...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Me, I've never been more optimistic, and see the makings of an American renaissance of sorts and a historical bent to a much more settled and peaceful world where the tradeoff for sustained mutual prosperity will be a sustained mutual peace.

I think a new sun is about to dawn at the end of this nightmarish dark night of the soul.

Your thoughts?

That's not a new sun you're seeing, thats the warm glow of a nuke going off as Hillary drags us all into WWIII...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

See

We can agree.

I've never said Hillary is the best choice, but she is the "shark" swimming in the direction I want to go.

Trump? There is nothing good I can say about him - - - for the position of POTUS.

She changes her mind to whatever direction is popular at the time, but remember she has a public and private view.

I'm sure you look for any discrepancy in regards to Hillary. No matter how slight.

Anyone who says they're the same privately as they are publicly is lying.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And you see no lying and cheating on the other side? I'm shocked.

Meh. This thread isn't about that though. I don't want to waste breath arguing justifications for hatred of candidate XX or XY.

So here's a giant, squishy, extra sweet virtual ((((HUG)))) for you.

I wish you nothing but the absolute best, for you and yours. We are all just people trying to figure out how to make our lives work for ourselves and our loved ones, and possibly leave something worthy behind us when we pass it on to those who remain. We share far more in common than we clash in differences, due to the fact of being human, if nothing else.

So peace to you, Mr. Cowboy, and I hope you will wish me the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I'm going to be somewhat of an asshole.

Sorry in advance. But I'll never accept the cheating liar.

Donald Trump, honest and fair.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaah.

What's next? Donald Trump, the anti-globalist billionaire globalist! We're all f'd. The forceful ignorance over Donald Trump proves that you could run a giant pile of dogs# molded into the rough shape of a human and as long as you gave people the right programming, a big chunk of them would vote for it.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have a thread going, too - a place for us to post our 'illustrations' of this process. Thanks for making this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think many of us will have lost friends over this. It will have aligned Liberals with Liberals and Conservatives with Conservatives, and created an even deeper divide with America's citizenry. Many things will have been said that can never be un-said, thus destroying relationships, at least for a while. I know I will have a new perspective on friends and associates. It will have showed me where their moral character stands. But frankly I have only met less than a handful of people that are for Clinton.

A neighbor said something in passing that stuck with me however. He said that the electoral system will never really work until there more than two parties in earnest. Just like the Supreme Court has nine Justices, so too should be the number of parties. There then leaves no tie as it were, but a definitive majority in one of the parties. Well at least in theory.

Then you could also go into the Religious Prophetic take on this. But make no mistake, The WHOLE world will be rocked either way, not just those comfy here in the US.

"When it's all over...!"

I don't think it will really ever be over. I think this might just be America's turning point, and likely not for the better. But that's another topic.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
A Hillary win? I'll be fine, thanks.

Hell, I'd be fine in the event of a Trump win. "I'm a white male. You can't even hurt my feelings." -- Louis CK

The biggest downside to this election has been the creeping realization that a huge swath of the electorate, on both sides of the political rickshaw, are mouth-breathing, turd-eating morons, and that I am literally surrounded by them.

That one will be giving me nightmares for years, I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Hell, I'd be fine in the event of a Trump win. "I'm a white male. You can't even hurt my feelings." -- Louis CK

The biggest downside to this election has been the creeping realization that a huge swath of the electorate, on both sides of the political rickshaw, are mouth-breathing, turd-eating morons, and that I am literally surrounded by them.

Love you!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

See

We can agree.

I'm sure you look for any discrepancy in regards to Hillary. No matter how slight.

Anyone who says they're the same privately as they are publicly is lying.

Again what direction is she swimming?

My philosophy is the same no matter who I talk to. I don't change my philosophy to suit my audience. And I never would.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

What a relief that you're here to keep us all in line.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

You should come over to the thread where I asked people to listen to this song.....

Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
PEOPLE WE HAVE TO LEARN TO GET ALONG.

That is all there is to it.
For real.
Literally.
Honestly.
Indisputably.

Word.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Do you all not see? Are you not hearing from your friends and family and acquaintances? Is not everyone around you FLIPPING OUT?

Yes. We are. The tension is not only palpable, but active. We have to decide....do we continue to smile at and help each other? Or do we snarl and spit and attack like dead people?

ALL OF US are doing our best to act normal....to keep a lid on ourselves. Our emotions are runaway trains right now......
(excepting those who have no emotions at all, of course)......and it's icky. It's gross.

It's awful.

Can't we just gather round like we do when there's a major disaster to help each other?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join