It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Hello to the CopyHawk: China's new medium lift heilcopter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
CHina has been working on their equivalent of the Blackhawk. While I generally follow the opinion that form follows function and, therefore, aircraft with similar roles will be similar in design. However, this time, dang.

Their design is so amazingly close to the American Blackhawk, folks are calling it the CopyHawk.

Take a look for yourselves:

china-defense.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

There is not much in it, is there? I wonder if the original designers of the Black Hawk will be querying the design on copyright grounds, and I also wonder how many rats behinds the Chinese will not give about the law on it!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The pride the copyright infringement country must have.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Heilcopter sounds a bit Nazi....

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I wonder what bits fall off.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Heilcopter sounds a bit Nazi....

Beat me to it. I was going to say that it sounded more German that Chinese.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I agree, it looks a bit skikorsky´ish, but a truck will look like a truck, or at least have the general features.

a reply to: DerBeobachter
I was like -wtf?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
CHina has been working on their equivalent of the Blackhawk. While I generally follow the opinion that form follows function and, therefore, aircraft with similar roles will be similar in design. However, this time, dang.

Their design is so amazingly close to the American Blackhawk, folks are calling it the CopyHawk.

Take a look for yourselves:

china-defense.blogspot.com...

not a suprise...they counterfeit everything
edit on 7-11-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Lol...... like the Geely fake Rolls Royce...? I am familiar with Chinese products, mainly motorcycles and scooters. I can tell you the metallurgy is highly suspect. In fact the alloys are of the cheapest quality in every instance. The bolts are typically 'one time' usage as they tend to strip and gall threads. On the ground...... cause for concern.. In the air, major cause for concern. I would NEVER fly in a Chinese craft of any sort...... ever. While the weapons the Chinese used were mostly captured or Kalashnikov AK 47's, they were usually sourced from the Soviets, thus with production standards Well above anything China was able to produce.

I certainly would never knowingly fly with the builder being CHINA.

Look at their recent space exploration failures.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

China owns a number of S-70s that they brought in country in the 80s. It would be easy enough to design something off them.

(post by Snippythehorse removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If the copies become better than the originals, then we have a propblem....

Oh wait, didn´t this happen to several things made in germany?
But what a luck, it´s not because the chinese copies are better, it´s because german workers(aka wage-slaves) don´t deliver quality, why should they? No quality wage, no quality work, simply like this. That´s how robber capitalism destroys itself, but too slow.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Intellectual property rights are stupid. Yeah, I said it.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

China owns a number of S-70s that they brought in country in the 80s. It would be easy enough to design something off them.

Not to mention whatever they had access too that was left following the crash during Operation Neptune Spear. Add to that all the hacking and its not surprising they have a Milli Vanilli Fauxhawk.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
China has access to S70i class hawks. Those are civilian M model helicopters.

I bet I could crew on either one and feel right at home.

Though I wouldn't want to fly on a Chinese knock off.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Lol...... like the Geely fake Rolls Royce...? I am familiar with Chinese products, mainly motorcycles and scooters. I can tell you the metallurgy is highly suspect. In fact the alloys are of the cheapest quality in every instance. The bolts are typically 'one time' usage as they tend to strip and gall threads. On the ground...... cause for concern.. In the air, major cause for concern. I would NEVER fly in a Chinese craft of any sort...... ever. While the weapons the Chinese used were mostly captured or Kalashnikov AK 47's, they were usually sourced from the Soviets, thus with production standards Well above anything China was able to produce.

I certainly would never knowingly fly with the builder being CHINA.

Look at their recent space exploration failures.

They said the same thing about the Japanese and Korean technologies and industries back in 50’s, look where they are now!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphone Yes, your right, but up until about the early 60's Japanese stuff was simply junk and to be avoided. Over time they might improve if they find it necessary, but they have plenty of Expendables as of late with over a Billion people.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
china can produce quality kit they manage with mobile phones and computer equipment a scary amount of
components in a vast range of products are now made in china.

so they are capable but in the main most of their product is laughably crap but like japan they will improve
but they dont seem to have an original thought since gunpowder

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Geez within a couple of minutes i could get a fully detailed 3D Stl file of the Blackhawk.
Blackhawk

Get a team to slice and dice it and reengineer it to fit chinese equipment and having it flying within a year.

edit on 8-11-2016 by Blackfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The original entered service in 1979, way to go!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join