It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

An Open challenge to all US Citizens / Voters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

My belief is that one must be part of the government or a global corporation to qualify for that exemption. Average citizen, excluded.

That is where I was going with my satire.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: alphabetaone

sorry if you don't get this. But you asked the question, "what have we changed?"

We opened the back of the dress and had a peak at the grotesquely ugly ass crack of our government. Right now, all we can see are the dingle berries that exist in the DNC, but with enough leaks, we will see the GOP's stains as well.

If facts aren't what you want to see here, please reword your question.

I would posit that you don't get it. I specifically asked what it is you think you will have changed with your vote. You're instead regurgitating to me what it is you think are the problems, I didn't ask for what the problems are as they exist now in your estimation.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
Because as far as I can see, come November 9th, you will have affected exactly nothing.

Well, the president-elect isn't technically president until Jan. 20, sooo...

But I get your point, and the honest truth is that both parties representing are two wings from the same bird. Nothing will change because--well, to be honest, the president doesn't do much when it comes to laws in this nation. Take the PPACA, for example--sure, it's called Obamacare, but he didn't write the legislation, nor is it really his idea--it's a PARTY idea onto which he latched, got passed in the dead of night on Christmas eve, and signed into law.

My hope is that the next president can undo some of the stuff done by previous presidents, stop perpetuating the nanny state in which we find ourselves, and give more sovereignty back to the states.

But we both know that isn't going to happen, so I'l default back to my initial point: Nothing will change.

But keep in mind, staying on the same destructive path IS change, it's just the wrong kind.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

sorry to have posted in your thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
For me, it's all about the Supreme Court justices. I feel confident that with my vote, an ultra conservative justice will not be nominated and therefore will have no chance of being put on the Supreme Court. This will affect past as well as future rulings, and will also affect future possible justices over the next presidential term.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Thank you for taking the time to actually interpret, contextually, exactly what I'm looking for...not that you're the only one who has done so, kaylaluv, roadgravel, et al...again, I'm not looking for a fight seeing as how there are plenty of those going around.

In fact, some of the posts in here as well as a lack of them is beginning to prove my point unbeknownst to some.

ETA: I should rephrase my last line a bit, not necessarily "prove my point" but bring clarity to what I already suspect.
edit on 7-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
If Trump wins he will likely have control of both Houses. That means tax reform will be implemented. The political will to lower taxes on the middle and upper middle will be there. It is a painful experience having to pay 30% tax when majority pay nothing or actually make money by being poor with huge refund checks. They love tax season! Big fat check is coming direct deposit to them. Me, I have to write those checks every single year and they are more and more. Same with the ACA. Every year so far I pay more and more while many pay next to nothing or nothing. It would be a big game changer for me and my family financially.

Family? So you have Children? Trump is removing personal deductions and Clinton is adding to the child tax credit. It's highly likely for manymost families that Clinton's tax plan is actually cheaper. For families that make $60-$100,000 this would actually mean Trump's plan is FAR MORE expensive.

Trump's tax plans only benefit people that make $250,000+, only 5% of families even make over this amount. $250,000 isn't 'middle class'. What a joke. Between losing deductions and not gaining the child credits, Trumps plan almost turns out even against the % it saves these people anyway. Personal deductions of $4k per person and 2k per child with Clinton, almost makes up the entirety of the $20,000 the cut would have saved. Unless you have no Children. In reality it benefits no one.

Census Bureau data showed that median household income is $53,657.
edit on 7-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

No one will trust the Government any more than before.

No one will magically feel less oppressed and more free.

I'm guessing that pro-choice Americans & LGBT Americans will trust a Hillary administration more than a Trump govt. And I can guarantee you that minority communities will feel less oppressed under a Hillary administration than under a Trump-Republican administration.

After all, this isn't just about the difference between an Obama administration and a Trump/Hillary administration. It's also about the difference in a Hillary-Democratic administration and a Trump-Republican administration. And we'll see some major changes if the Dems can wrestle back control of the Senate.
edit on 7-11-2016 by enlightenedservant because: typo - had weird wording in one area. meh

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A lot of Trump supporters and Republicans in general seem unable to detect the stench of racism, misogyny and xenophobia that Trump's campaign spread across the U.S. Based on their "I know you are but what am I" defense on everything, I don't think they even know how to identify these kinds of things. They vastly underestimate the potency of that stench.

So many think "both sides are equally bad"... by equating conspiracy and suspicion with actual policy. They claim liberals are "violent" and "hateful" and yet lack the self-awareness to identify the policy Trump has pushed for that wreaks of violence and hatred, such as his support of torture, murder of innocent families of terrorist, muslim ban, mass deportation... Their inability to see the potential tidal wave of hate, racism, and bigotry that these policies would bring .... it's either very disingenuous or disturbingly unaware.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

And I can guarantee you that minority communities will feel less oppressed under a Hillary administration than under a Trump-Republican administration.

oh really
the need for black lives matter (willed into existance under an african americans administraion) will simply disappear?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
A lot of Trump supporters and Republicans in general seem unable to detect the stench of racism, misogyny and xenophobia that Trump's campaign spread across the U.S. Based on their "I know you are but what am I" defense on everything, I don't think they even know how to identify these kinds of things. They vastly underestimate the potency of that stench.

So many think "both sides are equally bad"... by equating conspiracy and suspicion with actual policy. They claim liberals are "violent" and "hateful" and yet lack the self-awareness to identify the policy Trump has pushed for that wreaks of violence and hatred, such as his support of torture, murder of innocent families of terrorist, muslim ban, mass deportation... Their inability to see the potential tidal wave of hate, racism, and bigotry that these policies would bring .... it's either very disingenuous or disturbingly unaware.

So, to sum it all up, after you have voted, what do you think you will have personally changed by your vote?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

And I can guarantee you that minority communities will feel less oppressed under a Hillary administration than under a Trump-Republican administration.

oh really
the need for black lives matter (willed into existance under an african americans administraion) will simply disappear?

I said "feel less oppressed under a Hillary administration than under a Trump-Republican administration". I didn't even mention BLM, much less say it would disappear or not. BLM only touches on a few aspects of the relationship between the federal govt and minority-majority communities, and they don't even address the needs and wants of all minorities anyway.

In other words, I don't see what your post has to do with what I said. If anything, BLM would be even more pissed under a Trump-Republican administration since he called for adding more police into our communities, has talked against BLM protestors, and has called for special databases and surveillance of American Muslim communities. Just so you know, there's something like 1 million plus African American Muslims, so his suggestions would cause even more problems for BLM than Hillary would.

So ironically, you might have made my case for me. Thanks bro.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Visit the far right wing sites and alt-right sites. They know full well what they're supporting. They just pretend they're unaware/naive when they're out of their right wing safe spaces because they don't want the public stigma that comes with their views.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

In other words, I don't see what your post has to do with what I said.

If before obama there was no "blm" and now there is one....I can only imagine what hillarys administration will do for minorities.
She does carry hot sauce you know.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I think the question is kind of not applicable... what does my one vote change? Nothing- it's one vote. But a win for Hillary simply keeps the momentum on progressive values like green sustainable energy, climate change issues, equal rights issues, and basically re-affirms the U.S. as having a majority of open hearted, inclusive people, who care about climate change, equality... people and kindness over money and aggression.
edit on 7-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

After all of the rhetoric.

After all of the partyline posturing.

After all of the partisan bickering back and forth on ATS.

My challenge is that you would let me know precisely what it is you think you're going to have changed? Because as far as I can see, come November 9th, you will have affected exactly nothing.

Not so much changed, as preventing disaster.

Trump's very much like the old Roman oligarchs, who would play one side against another, make empty promises and so forth until they got a nice position (usually governor of a province.) They would then use that to overtax the peasants (while not taxing the rich... Trump is quite content for us to be taxed while he skips out on paying.) Eventually the province would be beggared to the point of revolt and the Roman oligarch would move to another one, leaving a military officer in charge to suppress the restless.

He's also talked about putting his daughter in important positions and it's quite likely that everyone in the family will get some sort of high paying position (no matter how incompetent they are.)

I'm voting to stop that, too.

His "price" in office would be "someone shows up with an attractive woman." Senators with lovely aides will suddenly get more attention than those with male aides or with women Trump considers unattractive.

I'm voting to stop that as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Honestly, I have for years, found myself swinging between both parties. I admit both sides offer in their separate policies things I am for and against. I usually can make a quick decision based on the character of the candidate. This year has had me stymied!

Tomorrow, I will be going to vote. I am going to vote Trump. Why? It does come down to the supreme court nominee. I cannot help but believe that Clinton with all of her contacts will get exactly who she wants in there. Trump will be forced to go more moderate conservative.

Besides, Trump's history, shows he has always been more centered in his political views. Common sense says he will be just as centered in his Presidency...irregardless of campaign promises. I have never seen one president, enact all of their campaign promises without it being diluted. I expect my vote will add to the many votes here in Michigan that will help make this possible.

Edit add: I am making this vote for my 3 grandsons' future. I don't believe that Clinton nor Trump would have any real affect on my husband and myself.
edit on 11 7 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
If before obama there was no "blm" and now there is one....I can only imagine what hillarys administration will do for minorities.

Yes there was.

The Black Panthers.

Selma Voting Rights Movement.

The NAACP.

The SNCC.

..etc, etc.

Civil rights leaders

Black Civil Rights Groups in the 60's

You just think BLM is a new and radical group. It's not. And it's not even as violent as some of the actions in the 1960's.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
People are sounding like a broken record on this forum over this election

We screwed

Their all corrupt

Is there ever anything new, unique, or creative? Not lately

Hillary sucks

Trump sucks

I can’t wait until this election is over maybe people will come back to reason

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

#BlackLivesMatter was created in 2012 after Trayvon Martin’s murderer, George Zimmerman, was acquitted for his crime, and dead 17-year old Trayvon was posthumously placed on trial for his own murder.

blacklivesmatter.com...

This is the Official #BlackLivesMatter Organization founded by Patrisse Cullors, Opal Tometi, and Alicia Garza.

You may include all those others in BLM but BLM obviously does not. No mention of those organizations you listed anywhere on the site.
Had BLM wanted to include those you listed they would have.
But hey what do I know Perhaps you know better then BLM?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join