It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Aliens Help Us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Lets say Earth was in danger from something like gamma-ray bursts or anything else that would destroy all life on earth. If Alien life were able to save the earth do you think they would?

Will they think our planet is insignificant and not do anything?
Maybe they might grab a few creatures on earth to keep in zoo?

What to you all think?

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't think they whould help us. And the zoo thing.... I think that they may allready have some of us in a zoo.

Is there any reason they would help us really? Please give a reason, if you can.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Some here are counting on it. I've seen so many people say that in the year 2012 (the dreaded end of the Mayan Calander) we will be saved from our own demise by aliens. Personally, I see no reason why anyone thinks that other than they have a deep personal feeling that tells them just that. But, hey, if I'm wrong, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and thank them alien saviours

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Some here are counting on it. I've seen so many people say that in the year 2012 (the dreaded end of the Mayan Calander) we will be saved from our own demise by aliens. Personally, I see no reason why anyone thinks that other than they have a deep personal feeling that tells them just that. But, hey, if I'm wrong, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and thank them alien saviours

And what do they have that can take 6 billion people in and then supply them with food? God they must be very unselfish if they were to help humankind for free.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well, lets see. They abduct us against our will, perform painful experiments on us, implant us with devices, impregnate woman and then steal their unborn child...no, I don't think they are interested in helping us, nor do I think they would. To me, just common sense.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yes, they would save us. Because they actually use this planet, therefore they wouldn't walk into death for their own sake. But other hostile aliens are also present on Earth, the good ones do save us from the enemy. That's what the ongoing alien War is all about.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Yes, they would save us. Because they actually use this planet, therefore they wouldn't walk into death for their own sake. But other hostile aliens are also present on Earth, the good ones do save us from the enemy. That's what the ongoing alien War is all about.

Alien war? Where? Never heard of that but then I'm a little offhand on that stuff.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It's my feeling that they probably would not care to help us really. Not unless there is something for them to gain as it were. We here on earth are prone to killing many of the other animals on our own planet, and we kill them with equal disregard of their intelligence. A person will step on an ant or kill a pig not even stopping to consider that the pig is regarded as probably the most inteligent land animal next to humans. The idea that they would want to save us because of some altruistic conviction is ludacris. How can we try to apply human empathy on a hypothetical species? It's pure speculation. What do we KNOW about alien behavior? I've seen no evidence to show that we know anything at all.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by spike]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I would like to think that there would be some species of alien life that actually had good morals and would want to preserve any form of life. Especially sentient life. With all the billions of billions of stars life (nevermind sentient life) is a rare thing and should be preserved.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Some say we were test tube experiment, I think they go somewhere else and start over.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I think yes aliens will probably try to save us.But some would do it for their own personaly gain.Others would do it just simply because its the right thing to do(in their culture by the least).

But I believe that different aliens have different agendas when it comes to saving us.If it were nordics,i believe purely out of the goodness of their heart and the fact that we`r related to them`as some will say.As for the greys.Well it would be very useful to save some humans for them to breed with.In that way us humans will be very dependent on them due to the fact that we have nowhere to go.And with this will come a payment.

So yea,thats my opinion.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I have to say the grays would, in my opinion the grays arent evil, its the hoaxers that come up with these elaborate stories that are evil, that said, I think theyd help us, by either:
1. Evacuating as many as possible.
2. Set up a big energy shield around the planet.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
As there are certainly lots of differents aliens civilizations, they may have differents interests for earth and earthlings. So some would probably care about saving this planet, others would'nt give a damn. That's pretty difficult to say, we can only speculate about this aspect. But personally i would say some are friendly so yes maybe they will do all they can to help us if something happen.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Does the guy shooting the nature documentary stop the lion from catching the zebra? Nope...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Even though some would like to help, they will not intervene in the destruction of the planet because they will understand that it is surpose to happen.
Only one reason why some aliens would save our planet is simply for resources, if they can profit off saving the earth then they will.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by owner
Does the guy shooting the nature documentary stop the lion from catching the zebra? Nope...

I understand your point.
But, if that was one of the last Zebras I think the Lion would be stopped from killing it.

If it were us in this situation but reversed.
If we were much further advanced than we are now, would we sit by and let a whole planet of living beings be destroyed?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I hope they tackle the greatest threat to earth, named dubya and his gang!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well.

Maybe one day, humans will know the intenitions of what aliens know. I say its best to keep an open mind.

Strange how human beings know so much in 50 years. Think where we will be in the next 50 years!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What would you do if you were in their shoes?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
would evil help us ,only for their own gain...yes they will use us,all good is is already inside of us (spiritually) ..my two cents

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join