It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato puts 300,000 troops on ‘HIGH ALERT’ amid fears of all out confrontation with Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I never said only one side uses propaganda, i just pointed out that part of propaganda is to discredit the other sides sources.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I also went to NATO site first thing to investigate. Now as the story is only half true, does it go to LOL or HOAX ???

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Profusion

With due respect something this large would have made the news since something involving 300,000 would be noticed. There is nothing on NATO's website about it and there are no comments from Jens Stoltenberg on the topic.

There is, however, an emergency drill taking place in the Balkans involving like 800 NATO personnel. It is in response to Russia holding drills in the region.

NATO, Russia to hold parallel military drills in the Balkans

There should be because it has been on Our News and in Our News papers here in Norway.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Time to get into the body bag business me thinks. The question is, Will 300,000 be enough.?

The Germans tried and failed with circa 4 million men, of which 2.7 million died. These numbers are dwarfed by the 11.4 million missing and killed Soviet soldiers. The Russians still managed to push all the way to Berlin and raise the hammer and sickle over the reichstag.

I dont believe 300,000 will be anywhere near enough. Russia would simple over run anyone who got in the way.
It doesn't quite count, because without the MASSIVE lend lease assistance given to Russia by the allies, they would have folded to the Germans. This isn't even mentioning the two front war Germany was fighting. A war now would be a different calculus.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
We are heading to war.

Even the British Defence Secretary Michael Fallon said they would be ready to fight a war with Russia in 2 years.

Considering that was a public statement and subject to disinfo, the timeline will probably be more like a year or less.
edit on 7-11-2016 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: joho99
We are heading to war.

Even the British Defence Secretary Michael Fallon said they would be ready to fight a war with Russia in 2 years.

Considering that was a public statement and subject to disinfo, the timeline will probably be more like a year or less.

We Brits do hold a rather large cache of weapons so suddenly having to go to war is more getting the people fit rather than them armed, we've got reserve/cadet forces centres all across the the place and they're normally stocked with everything the fighting person needs and thats before if needed we'd raid the country sports shops for their goodies.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The Russkis would not resort to nukes to rid the world of Hillary, they would take her down with sniper fire.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

I also went to NATO site first thing to investigate. Now as the story is only half true, does it go to LOL or HOAX ???

Neither... With the added sources that clarify whats actually occurring, imo, it should remain here. It is still a topic for discussion and plays into current events / geopolitical sensitivities.

My only concern was the op article which made claims that werent accurate. 300,000 NATO troops did not go on high alert. The followup sources give info for discussion.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

With due respect something this large would have made the news since something involving 300,000 would be noticed. There is nothing on NATO's website about it and there are no comments from Jens Stoltenberg on the topic.

There is, however, an emergency drill taking place in the Balkans involving like 800 NATO personnel. It is in response to Russia holding drills in the region.

NATO, Russia to hold parallel military drills in the Balkans

There should be because it has been on Our News and in Our News papers here in Norway.

Right except they are not reporting NATO placing 300,000 soldiers on high alert. They are talking about NATO making changes to its defense posture by increasing readiness to shorten deployment times from 6 months down to 2 months. The change is geared towards the ability of NATO to field a force large enough to counter a major offensive and to do so in a certain time period.

* - Does it involve a 300,000 strong NATO response - Yes
* - Is it geared towards Russia? - Yes
* - Does it place 300,00 troops on high alert - No
* - Does it increase readiness level for faster deployment - Yes
* - Does it change / increase troop levels - No

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Time to get into the body bag business me thinks. The question is, Will 300,000 be enough.?

The Germans tried and failed with circa 4 million men, of which 2.7 million died. These numbers are dwarfed by the 11.4 million missing and killed Soviet soldiers. The Russians still managed to push all the way to Berlin and raise the hammer and sickle over the reichstag.

I dont believe 300,000 will be anywhere near enough. Russia would simple over run anyone who got in the way.
It doesn't quite count, because without the MASSIVE lend lease assistance given to Russia by the allies, they would have folded to the Germans. This isn't even mentioning the two front war Germany was fighting. A war now would be a different calculus.

As it stands China and Iran would back Russia to the hilt with both manpower and money.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
There's not going to be any war at the end of an administration...no chance.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

The Russkis would not resort to nukes to rid the world of Hillary, they would take her down with sniper fire.

she's proven to be adapt at avoiding sniper fire, she just ducks her head and runs.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
btw There's not going to be any WWIII the aliens have a lock on the nukes.

They'll catch em in midair or stop them from being launched

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Your headline should read a "Higher" State of Alert.

Nothing to see here /

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
when did NATO get an army?

Let alone a 300 thousand strong one...

last I heard they only have the troops that are donated because of the treaty... and it takes time to mobilize troops and move them there is no hiding it so this would be splashed all over the news.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
At first it would be a walk in the park for Russia...

At first... A bit like it was for Nazi Germany in the beginning of the war.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Right except they are not reporting NATO placing 300,000 soldiers on high alert.

The "high alert" quote was reported by The Independent. I tried to find where the quote came from, but I couldn't find the answer. I think we can say with near certainty that the quote came from the interview with Jens Stoltenberg.

Nato puts 300,000 ground troops on 'high alert' as tensions with Russia mount

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Lets take the next logical step... where are 300k ground troops stationed?

If you can answer that I would love to hear, since I am in europe right now..

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

As it stands China and Iran would back Russia to the hilt with both manpower and money.

Wrong; they would stand patiently to one side, waiting to pick up the pieces.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

On NATO bases, where do you think?

Also, Russia's only aircraft carrier broke down on its way to the med, not sure how you can take on the whole western world with a 1 broken aircraft carrier....

You could go straight to ICBM and SLBMs, but why, why start a war where everyone loses. The Kremlin is not suicidal.
edit on 7-11-2016 by tc2290 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join