It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posthuman: More Human Than Human?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus

It's called industrial, social & technological evolution.

Naa, LordGoofus, it's called population control and manipulation.

Why fight it, it's gonna happen regardless. Just sit back and enjoy the ride...life if always going to have it's ups and downs, so stop ya worrying and starting making the most of the short time you have on this planet

We can make the most of it and fight for our rights to choose, both at the same time. Nobody needs to roll over and stick their head up where the sun don't shine to have a good time.

It's fun to fight back!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
First of all, it is 2009. where the hell are the robots already.

If they can inject a couple of microscopic robots into me and it will constantly surgically repair my ailments, well what the hell, let's have them already.

Do you think they are really strong enough to make us imortal?

With my luck though, they will probably cost a couple hundred grand though.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by president]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
From what I can gather, most transhumanists beleive that the evolution will be entirely voluntary. No forced biomodification, no human extinction, just peaceful coexistence and a chance for ascendancy to those who wish to explore higher levels of consciousness and existence.

re-engineered morality void of compassion.

Where are you getting this from? This entire post is playing on the age old luddie fear of technology and radical change.

The question I ask of all of you is, what is so great about humanity in it's present state? If we could be something more than just another fallable physically and mentally imperfect human, why wouldn't you?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Well this is just a case of the "Frankenstein" syndrome. I don't see anything wrong with these so called genetic enhancements, its too early to jump to conclusions when we aren't sure what these breakthroughs may bring.Reckon that the reaction is similar to that of the dark ages when any form of radical though or innovation was branded as witchcraft. Gene Therapy is still in its nascent stages and we are still a long way off from something like this happening....don't foresee an A.I like world anytime soon.

For that matter even if physical immortality is possible, it is quite unlikely that this information will be made available to the general public...it would be the privilege of an esoteric few.

On the flip side maybe they could enhance our genes so that we could survive on mars or something bringing an end to a lot of problems....

[I know true immortality ain't possible but if I could stay young for a couple for 100 years...then why the heck not?)

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
For all we know half a millenia from now post humans will revel in their found power and perhaps view the present state of humanity as the dark ages....disease, hunger.poverty and most of the world problems would be eradicated.We would truly be at the zenith of evolution and enlightenment.

BTW in our current physical form we are certainly not progressing towards an higher evolutionary state. If anything we are degenerating.Most of the world is either obese or emaciated....time to take control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join