It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deliah...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm not really sure how to spell her name, I don't know if it's "Delia" or "Delieah", but I was probably 14, maybe 15 at the time.

Delia was 16, and a stone cold fox. Just rock solid, that girl was. She didn't want anything to do with me. In fact, she didn't even know me. We'd never met before. Our parents were friends. There was some kind of a party, an anniversary party or something and we'd been sent to go buy some music for the party (records). The people who were having the party were also my parents friends and they were just fabulously rich (but it doesn't matter, other than the fact we had a bunch of money to spend on the records).

So Deliah (pronounced DEE-liah) had her licence and we had a car...we were free! There were several other kids with us, some of them I knew, some not so much, but it didn't matter. We were FREE!!

We had a bunch of extra time and....Well, it turned out Deliah liked to rollerskate. I'd never rollerskated in my life before, but I was an avid hockey player (i.e. ice skater). I was pretty good too.

While we where out Deliah wanted to stop by a roller rink and skate for a while. I was totally in LOVE with this girl...but she wouldn't have anything to do with me. The place was cool, it was like a Disco; they played music and you skated. I rented some skates and fell on my ass a few times (which was highly amusing to Deliah).

I was trying too hard (to make it like ice). So I slowed down (equally amusing to my "love", Deliah).

"Stop trying to slide" I told myself..."this is different". Well, that's what it took...all it took. Pretty soon, I was back-crossing, hand in hand with Deliah around the rink, dancing to the music. She could skate, and I could skate backwards (and even pick her up).

There was a connection that day. We agreed we'd hook up some day.

After a couple hours or so at the rink our time ran out and we had to go. We went back to the parents party, and she was the life of the party (in her world). Later the next day she flew away and I never saw Deliah again.

I've always wondered what happened with that girl.

It's fun to think about though...

That silly girl even kissed me that day...as we skated to.....

Enjoy!

edit on 11/7/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Awesome memory!

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Great song and cool memory, thanks for sharing.

edit on 6-11-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I remember the roller rink when I was 14.

I love reading your stories. You're very good at writing.

Delilah was a guy in my experience.

Thank God I grew into a Swan. Perspective Rules.

btw good song, i remember this on the radio when i was 10.

edit on 7-11-2016 by KarmasBiatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Love your post, as always. You need to write a memoir my man.

S&F

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Deliah was a cool girl!!

I'll never forget that girl.

It was one of those..."even Her hair smells good" things...if you know what I mean.

Thanks, I actually have a couple books in the works. Not Memoirs though, mostly fiction and philosophy.

I've had several people say I should write a memoir, but I don't know, seems too selfish. The written word is far more fun. The "real" stories I tell here.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Sorry but being from the area where its always sung

Its not quite the original lyrics but what do you expect from a bunch of Stoke fans

new topics

top topics

join