It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Please, dont vote for her

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Anyone can tell anyone else who to vote for, that doesn't stop them from choosing who to vote for... You don't control him or anyone else.

I strongly suggest that everyone who has a legal right to vote, vote for Trump and if you can't stomach that, at least DON'T vote for Hillary.

People just have no clue what a Hillary presidency will do to this country.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

ok, so basically, your opinion of what the future of the USA should be, is predicated on the notion that women should be able to choose to murder their unborn children, whether they're viable outside of the womb or not? Do I have that right?

Jaden

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: exponencial
Problem is if everyone who votes for her is stupid then that means you have to vote the alternative, trump. I would say if anyone was to do that they are FU#KING RET#RDED. Guy lost a $billion in a year (intentional or not)and you want him to stimulate the economy. Bat sh#t needs less of a psychoanalysis than trump voters.

I understand you lot are screwed for choices but I see it this way. Hilary is manslaughter, trump is murder...what guilt would you prefer to live with?
edit on 7-11-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

ok, so basically, your opinion of what the future of the USA should be, is predicated on the notion that women should be able to choose to murder their unborn children

Murder is a legal term. It means unlawful killing. In my ideal future USA it's still legal to have abortions. So legal abortions cannot be murder...because it's legal.

I think what you mean to say is 'kill' their unborn children. I would argue that one on the basis of them not reaching the point where sufficient neurological development has occurred to produce sentience. Minus the sentience then a 'person' isn't being killed.

Perhaps you subscribe to a belief that god instills some divine spark of life at the moment of conception? No evidence for that.

Do I have that right?

Now you do.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

So a baby about to be born in a week or so, but as yet unborn, has "not reached the point where sufficient neurological development has occurred to produce sentience"? By the way, what kind of human being talks like that about life? It's quite telling, and quite creepy.

It's murder and you can justify it all you want to make yourself feel better - I know you will.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So a baby about to be born in a week or so

Generally we call that a Cesarean Section.

By the way, what kind of human being talks like that about life? It's quite telling, and quite creepy.

A sentient being when talking about non-sentient beings? I thought that was made lucid.

I'm very concerned about the well-being of humans. About suffering. You have to be sentient to experience that.

It's murder and you can justify it all you want

What do I need to justify. What I said is factual. Murder has legal meaning. A legal abortion is obviously not unlawful and therefore is not murder. It's simple.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
I think what you mean to say is 'kill' their unborn children. I would argue that one on the basis of them not reaching the point where sufficient neurological development has occurred to produce sentience. Minus the sentience then a 'person' isn't being killed.

Perhaps you subscribe to a belief that god instills some divine spark of life at the moment of conception? No evidence for that.

I don't know about god, but there is a spark of light at the moment of conception.

Amazing Video Shows Bright Flash of Light When Sperm Meets Egg and Human Life Begins

Long ago in my twenties, two girlfriends had an abortion after an "accident" (both were taking the pill at the time, but maybe not enough on schedule). I didn't have a problem with it at the time. But now, after having three children, my personal opinion is that abortion should only be legal when the woman was not responsible for her pregnancy (rape), or if her life is endangered by the pregnancy and/or giving birth.

At the same time, a lot more should be invested in sex education and preventing unwanted pregnancy.

Trump has a loving family, and I'm sure he values life and that his stance on abortion is based on that.

We all have a problem with the inhumane killing of animals, but some don't seem to have a problem with killing unborn children in quite horrifying ways. I don't think we are able to fully understand what an unborn child experiences.

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So a baby about to be born in a week or so

Generally we call that a Cesarean Section.

By the way, what kind of human being talks like that about life? It's quite telling, and quite creepy.

A sentient being when talking about non-sentient beings? I thought that was made lucid.

I'm very concerned about the well-being of humans. About suffering. You have to be sentient to experience that.

It's murder and you can justify it all you want

What do I need to justify. What I said is factual. Murder has legal meaning. A legal abortion is obviously not unlawful and therefore is not murder. It's simple.

You said unborn. Last I checked a baby not out of the womb yet is unborn.
What has a Cesarean Section got to do with abortion?
edit on 7/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
originally posted by: soulwaxer

But now, after having three children, my personal opinion is that abortion should only be legal when the woman was not responsible for her pregnancy (rape), or if her life is endangered by the pregnancy and/or giving birth.

Personally I don't care what the reasons are. The reasons are her own. Unless it's late term, then it should be restricted to extreme health risks to the mother. That's how I would want to see it anyways.

At the same time, a lot more should be invested in sex education and preventing unwanted pregnancy.

I definitely agree with that.

Trump has a loving family, and I'm sure he values life and that his stance on abortion is based on that.

I come from a loving family and we are pro-choice. Everyone thinks they are the good guys I guess

We all have a problem with the inhumane killing of animals, but some don't seem to have a problem with killing unborn children in quite horrifying ways.

Yes, and this again comes down to sentience.

I don't think we are able to fully understand what an unborn child experiences.

It's not as mysterious as you make it sound. There continues to be huge advancements in neuroscience. At the very least we do know the basic structures that need to be present to give rise to consciousness.
edit on 7-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

"At the very least we do know the basic structures that need to be present to give rise to consciousness."

Yes we do, and it is before birth.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Late term abortions make up about 1% of abortions.

So 99% of the time the point you're attempting to make isn't applicable.

To answer your question though: I am personally against late-term abortions unless the mother's life is in danger.

Creepy.

Redundant.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
originally posted by: UKTruth

Yes we do, and it is before birth.

I'm well aware. It's also after the vast majority of legal abortions.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Late term abortions make up about 1% of abortions.

So 99% of the time the point you're attempting to make isn't applicable.

To answer your question though: I am personally against late-term abortions unless the mother's life is in danger.

Creepy.

Redundant.

You said unborn.
Which was very creepy.

www.mccl.org...

The report linked shows unborn babies feeling pain at 20 weeks. "Sentient" enough for you or is pain during the murder ok?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You said unborn.
Which was very creepy.

Unborn. Not yet born. You finding the proper term creepy is something you need to work out. Not my problem.

The report linked shows unborn babies feeling pain at 20 weeks.

Which is the 1% I was talking about. Not applicable to the 99% of abortions occurring prior.

As I already said, i'm personally against late-term abortions unless the mother's life is in danger.

or is pain during the murder ok?

You're a very stubborn person aren't you?

A legal abortion is not murder because it's lawful. Period. You don't get to reinvent the meaning of legal terms.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Well, you said killing an unborn baby is ok because they are not yet "sentient".

Your words:

I guess you just weren't explaining yourself very well.

I am always stubborn when someone tries to justify murder and inflicting pain on another living being.

I am am glad you have clarified.

Now I assume you'd be happy making the 1% illegal? After all that is about 7,000-8,000 unborn babies a year >20 weeks from conception murdered per year. That's twice the World Trade centre deaths every year. Make's a difference when you leave the realm of statistics like 1% and turn it into actual lives doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Okay so explain how legal abortion is murder then? With the understanding that murder means an unlawful killing.

I'm all ears.

Well, you said killing an unborn baby is ok because they are not yet "sentient".

Yes. Yes I did. The ability to experience life as a conscious being is what makes us human. Killing that is the problem. If that's not present, I don't view it as killing a person. I don't see why anyone would unless they are invoking some religious belief.

Now I assume you'd be happy making the 1% illegal?

I've already answered this. I said it would be restricted to women who's lives were in danger. That's what i'd personally want to see.

After all that are about 7000-8000 unborn babies a year >20 weeks

I feel you are doing your best to undermine how rare it is.

90% occur before the first 13 weeks. 1% 20+ weeks.
source 1
source 2

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Laws change. The act of taking another human life does not.
If the law changed tomorrow, would you change your view? Forget what you want to call the act or what I do.
I don't change my views on right or wrong based on a govt. telling me what is legal or not. I abide by laws, but they don't define me. My views on life remain the same.

7,000-8,000 >20 weeks every year murdered in America - why translate that to 1%. Make it easier for you?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

20% of Hillary's campaign was funded by the Saudi Arabian government, where women are treated in horrific fashion. So you would rather support that, vs some disparaging comments made 20 years ago? Women's rights are going to be the last thing on your mind if she gets in...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Laws change.

Until it does then it's not murder. Again, it's a legal term with legal meaning.

If the law changed tomorrow, would you change your view?

On whether it's called murder or not? Yes. That's what i've been saying! If abortions are made illegal, then it would no longer be lawful...

Would I change my opinion on supporting the right to choose? No. I would fight alongside other people to make abortions legal again. So women can have a legally sanctioned choice.

I don't change my views on right or wrong based on a govt. telling me what is legal or not.

You're misconstruing things. I didn't say I was basing my morality on what is or isn't currently deemed legal. I was merely pointing out that you were falsely calling it murder in the legal sense....since it's a legal term. That's all.

why translate that to 1%. Make it easier for you?

Does focusing on the %1 make it easier for you?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

So you would rather support that, vs some disparaging comments made 20 years ago?

Defunding Planned Parenthood. Overturning Roe v. Wade. Punishments for women who have abortions. These are all things I mentioned already. So reducing my position down to "comments made 20 years ago" tells me you're not reading the thread.

Women's rights are going to be the last thing on your mind if she gets in...

...and the first thing on my mind if Trump gets in

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join