It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

If you dont live in a swing state and you're voting Trump or Hillary, you're wasting your vote.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

If you DON'T live in a swing state (PA, OH, MI, FL, NC or AZ), your vote literally doesn't matter.

Or I should say thats its already been determined.

The swing states are going to determine the outcome of the election, period.

Whats even MORE pointless is someone voting for Trump in a Blue state, Hillary is getting the electoral votes REGARDLESS.

The same applies to Hillary supporters in Red states. Those electoral votes will go to Trump.

Table of presidential elections by states since 1960.

However, a vote for Johnson and the Libertarian Party is a real vote for freedom and change.

I'll explain why.

If Johnson and the Libertarian Party can get 5% of the vote This year, it means that they will get matching funds and a national stage in the next election.

This is the best opportunity we've had in decades (since Perot) to propel a legitimate 3rd Party.

If you are sick and tired of the 2 Party stranglehold on our nation, now is your chance to REALLY do something about it.

ESPECIALLY if you're in a Red or Blue state and are supporting the opposite candidate. You can still advance the goal of liberty without feeling like you "wasted" your vote.

So all you Trump supporters in California (for example), do the right thing and vote Johnson.

Same applies to all you Hillary supporters in Texas (for example), make your vote count for something.

edit on 6-11-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
That's AWFUL advice.

Everyone needs to vote.
Everyone needs to vote for Trump.
Even if you are in a state where it might be a given that Trump will win, if too many people listen to the bogus advice above, the evil Clinton will win.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I agree, voting 3rd party absolutely is not a waste of a vote.

If Gary had kept himself sober on the campaign trail he actually would have a much higher (no pun) voter turnout for him.

I have absolutely nothing against pot, but Gary didn't help himself by being stoned out of his mind during every campaign effort made.

This cracked me up though, so maybe I'll give him my vote solely on laughter alone.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I agree, somewhat . But the reason for the "swing states" is due to most other states vote one way or another in every election . Yes , the swing states do count. However , a state that usually votes blue could have a swing to red (or vice versa) . This has happened numerous times in the past .So , why are you saying their votes dont count ?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Sir or ma'am, I'm not sure if you read what I wrote or whether you understood it (or chose not to understand it), but I dont think you understand how the electoral college works.

There is literally NO POINT in voting for Trump if you live in a Blue state.

NONE. ZERO. NADA.

The same applies to Hillary supporters in Red states.

Every vote for Trump in a Blue state is IN-FACT a WASTED VOTE.

As is every vote for Hillary in a Red state.

That state's electoral votes (except for the swing states) have already been determined.

a reply to: Gothmog

This is a good question.

There may be one or two states which "surprise" the pundits but with the exception of the swing states, the electoral votes (which are the ones that count), have all but been determined.

To your point, some states are closer than others but there is very little deviation for the majority of states.

Just as an example, there is no way Trump is winning Washington DC so a vote for him in the District of Columbia is 100% pointless.

Same applies to Hillary in Texas. A vote for Hillary would be a complete and total waste.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Yes let's keep voting for more of the same crap. Both candidates are complete disgraces to what this country is supposed to stand for and i'll have no part of helping perpetuate it. How dare anyone try to tell someone else to vote for other than what they believe is "right" for that person to vote for, very unpatriotic and very un-American! I voted third party since there was no option for a vote of no confidence on my ballot.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I do not know about that . Some Blue States could turn Red by Tues. Night . Stranger Things have Happened .

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

There is some truth to what youre saying but the state would then be considered a swing state.

Can there be a surprise?

Sure but its not likely.

And then there are states which are undeniably Red or Blue.

In these states, a vote for a GOP or DEM is pointless.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The 2 I see could be Wisc. and Minn. .

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

unfortunately some red states are now swing states cuz of trump.

for example north carolina, georgia, utah, arizona......

now that the FBI cleared hillary again in the email investigation.

its gonna be a landslide for hillary tuesday.

its funny watching trump get unhinged again at his rally after he found this out and went off teleprompter.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I live in Ohio and I will be voting and praying this coming tuesday.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I do understand.
And blue states can turn red if enough people vote for Trump.
It has happened before.
Some states not considered swing states are very close right now, and could end up going to Trump.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I live in Ohio and I will be voting and praying this coming tuesday.

After waiting in line for 35 minutes on Friday at 11:00am, I'm thankful that early voting was available. Tuesday is going to be worse than Black Friday at Walmart.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

That's AWFUL advice.

Okay. Give us some great advice.

Everyone needs to vote for Trump.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You don't know how this works if people don't vote in other states they become swing states. You really didn't think this out very well did you. If you had you would have realized how stupid that statement is since every vote count's. Now there are some states where frankly of you want to vote Trump your vote is useless that being California. But if everyone took your advice he'd have a shot at california.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
There`s too much at stake and the election is too close to waste your vote voting 3rd party this time.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

only one is new hampsire and the chances of that now are slim to none now that fbi cleared clinton again.

you gotta look at how many republican states are swing states now cuz of trump.

north carolina, utah (voted republican for over 70 years), arizona, georgia

trump has to run the board keep those red states and turn one or two blue states republican by tuesday.

his only bump and leverage was the email investigation 8 days ago, now that fbi cleared hillary again.

trumps done.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

New Hampshire is a Blue State . They Award Electoral Votes by Congressional Districts . Mr. Trump could Conceivably Lose the State , but Still gain an Electoral Vote there .

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
There`s too much at stake and the election is too close to waste your vote voting 3rd party this time.

I've heard this every election cycle "too much at stake". Yeah...How's that been working out for the country? This kind of thinking is why we are stuck with a two party system and why the country is in the mess it is in. This is why we have a choice between a moron and a criminal.

edit on 6-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

trump isnt winning in new hampshire now after the fbi cleared hillary again.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join