It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still waiting on the Trump taxes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Give me a break. Sealed. Yeah right.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Who cares about his taxes?

Seriously, just because it's a "tradition" that candidates release their taxes means nothing. They have the ability--by federal law--to keep their tax documents private. Just because some people want to see them just because they suspect he's hiding something makes no difference.

I say more power to him for not releasing them, as he has no duty or obligation to do so, especially just because random citizens want to see them.

Politicians make promises all of the time and don't keep them--he's not the best at it, but he's still a politician nonetheless. The fact that you pretend that they are supposed to keep their promises is quite laughable.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Funny you're not linking them to prove your point.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

So two wrongs now make a right burgerbuddy?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The fact that you pretend that they are supposed to keep their promises is quite laughable.

So if we can't depend on his promises then his supporters shouldn't trust he will deliver on any of the things he says he'll do.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Please...

Do I have some spare sugar? What are you asking?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Please note that I said "they," as in ALL politicians.

Anyone who thinks that any politician will keep any promise of substance should have their head examined, especially presidential candidates.

But, yes, your comment is correct, I just wanted to ensure that I noted that I was speaking for ALL politicians, not just Trump.

But in reality, this whole taxes thing is a sideshow that distracts from the things that really matter, and I'm quite certain that this is the plan for making a big deal out of it.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I understood you meant all. I isolated Trump because it's a Trump thread

While I agree the tax thing shouldn't have been made the issue it is, I think this is largely Trump's fault. At least for me, had he just said it's his right to keep that private then I would have sympathized. You said he didn't have a duty or obligation to do so, but when he attached a promise on top of that then he created an obligation. Whether he delivers on that promise, or whether it's realistic to expect politicians to follow through, doesn't change what a promise is fundamentally.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Please note that I said "they," as in ALL politicians.

Anyone who thinks that any politician will keep any promise of substance should have their head examined, especially presidential candidates.

But, yes, your comment is correct, I just wanted to ensure that I noted that I was speaking for ALL politicians, not just Trump.

But in reality, this whole taxes thing is a sideshow that distracts from the things that really matter, and I'm quite certain that this is the plan for making a big deal out of it.

Presidents break promises because Congress or others don't work with them for various reasons. I'm more forgiving on that. Trumps taxes are something he has 100% control over, and he has promised to release them several times this election. He eventually tabled the issue by saying he would release a summary in November. He didn't do it.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

But he promised!

Sheesh, we're starting to sound like 8-year-olds on the playground when little Donnie promised to let us go down the slide next, but then didn't.

I understand the concept of a promise--my point is that the release of his tax returns is not a mandated action, and said returns are actually protected by law from being released to anyone other than the taxpayer.

Maybe he changed his mind about releasing them. If so, he probably should have made that known, but like most things in a presidential election, a day before election day, what happens now won't make any difference.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

If he wants me to vote for him in good faith, he should make a good faith effort and follow through on his campaign promises.

Obviously he could release them now and it wouldn't matter. It doesn't change the fact that he promised them in November. He didn't follow through. It's one more thing in a long list of issues with him, why I'm perfectly content with not voting for him.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

And this morning, I was perfectly content not voting for him, too. But remember, November isn't over--just saying.

originally posted by: Aazadan
Presidents break promises because Congress or others don't work with them for various reasons. I'm more forgiving on that.

Well, knowing that Congress is the ones who initiate and write legislation, presidential candidates shouldn't make ANY promises to do anything that can't be done with the stroke of a pen (and don't get me started on my disdain for the Executive Order abuse that has evolved in the office of the president). Yes, they can say that they will fight to do this, or try to do that, or hope the other thing will occur, but promising things that can only be done via Congress is the type of promise that I'm talking about.

It's like the intelligent approach on dealing with personal finances: You should never spend money that you don't have yet.
edit on 8-11-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join