It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Just saw long-lasting meteor in southern sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hey all. The wife and I just sitting on our front porch saw a meteor/fireball shoot horizontally across the sky just above the tree line. It lasted for a good 4 or 5 seconds and wasn't traveling as fast as the usual meteor sighting. It was pretty cool. I'm just wondering if anyone else saw it. I'm in northern Wisconsin and the meteor was to the south. It wasn't very bright and had no tail, so that's why I can't really call it a fireball, but it was orange and definitely appeared to be a fireball. Hoping someone else saw it. I'll go check AMS to see if there are any reports. This was at about 8:45 Central Time.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

AHHHHH. I just missed it. I was outside on the deck at around 8:30pm.

You can report here:
www.amsmeteors.org...

Heading out again in a bit.

Did you at least make a wish?

edit on 6-11-2016 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
That is too funny...... I happen to be in Wisconsin right now but I'm over in Marinette and I wasn't looking outside at that time.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Oh, nice! Not common, to see one so long lasting! We do have the Leonid shower this month, so not unexpected, but still cool. Will have to spend some time watching that one.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Oh, nice! Not common, to see one so long lasting! We do have the Leonid shower this month, so not unexpected, but still cool. Will have to spend some time watching that one.

That's what I figured, one of those meteor showers. Isn't the Taurids going as well? I was hoping maybe it was one of those really bright fireballs somewhere much further south and I just happened to catch it from a distance.

top topics

join