It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Where are the RNC Emails? The Trump Campaign Emails?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I've read a rumor somewhere that the RNC still uses floppy disks to store their data. The more archaic, the harder to hack.

If they send and receive emails to each other using the internet and smartphones then storing data on floppy disks wouldn't be much of a deterrent.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Tsk Tsk

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

The RNC is not squeaky clean. And they're not so tech savvy to avoid hackers.

Must be something else.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

putin is trumps buddy, and his oligarch puppets lent trump alot of money to build his hotels. trump hotel in toronto just went bankrupt.

putin wont hack trumps emails cuz he wants trump to win. cuz if hillary wins, putin knows russia is screwed cuz of fed rate hike and increased sanctions on russia after elections, especially after russian hacks.

putins playing for bust cuz he will bankrupt russia in 6 months cuz the gold will be all gone propping up the failing russian economy and currency.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Tsk Tsk

Must be something else.

No one said they are squeaky clean.

tech savvy, maybe, they don't have emails spread across the web for all to see.

Occam's razor.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The RNC is not squeaky clean.

How do you know?

If your argument is 'well it's just human nature! if the Dems are dirty then you know the GOP has to be too!' then you're confirming your bias is the result of Wikileaks hurting your feelings.

edit on 11/6/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The reason you have the Podesta emails a all is because Podesta screwed up. He received an email "from Google" (snort) telling him to change his password. He took this email to his IT guy who said it looked legit BUT the IT guy gave him a regular URL to change his password at Google. Did Podesta do this? Nooooo. Instead, Podesta used the original phishing email he had received, "changed" his password. and thereby gave up his password to the hackers.

And THAT'S why you have the Podesta emails. I'm sure they tried this at the RNC, too, it's just that it did not work.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Tsk Tsk

Must be something else.

Podesta's password was ........ password. He lost his phone several times and Hillary had a single person maintaining her server . . . . are you kidding me?!

These politicians are used to security through obscurity. What I mean by this is that they are used to having keys to the locked doors out in meat space where the common rabble would have to work very hard to even discover the location of the locked door. On the internet their addresses are much easier to discover and so the obscure location is no longer a valid means of securing privacy.

RNC types with access to any information likely still rely on physically meeting and only communicate electronically over secure channels (because they are paranoid remember?).

Wild times, enjoy.

-FBB

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yep, 100% correct, Podesta's email's fell victim to phishing.

That says a lot. Teenagers are aware of such things. They will actually make fun of you if you fall for a phishing scam.

That says quite a bit about the level of intelligence running the DNC.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I've read a rumor somewhere that the RNC still uses floppy disks to store their data. The more archaic, the harder to hack.

If they send and receive emails to each other using the internet and smartphones then storing data on floppy disks wouldn't be much of a deterrent.

True, but if they only move classified communication by floppy disks or heck even a memory stick with a trusted courier...

EDIT: Nah, just floppy disk. Anyone could plug in a memstick. How many people still have a 3.5" reader, let alone a 5"?
edit on 6-11-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FriedBabelBroccoli

Tsk Tsk

Must be something else.

Podesta's password was ........ password. He lost his phone several times and Hillary had a single person maintaining her server . . . . are you kidding me?!

These politicians are used to security through obscurity. What I mean by this is that they are used to having keys to the locked doors out in meat space where the common rabble would have to work very hard to even discover the location of the locked door. On the internet their addresses are much easier to discover and so the obscure location is no longer a valid means of securing privacy.

RNC types with access to any information likely still rely on physically meeting and only communicate electronically over secure channels (because they are paranoid remember?).

Wild times, enjoy.

-FBB

In other words, you're claiming the RNC is more computer savvy.

No human error in the thousands of RNC politicians.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

The RNC is not squeaky clean.

How do you know?

They're politicians.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Tsk Tsk

Must be something else.

Wild times, enjoy.

-FBB

More like they don't use electronic communication for absolutely everything. There is a reason people carry separate work and personal phones, or use work computers vs personal computers.

The ease of use and ubiquity of cell phones allowed them (the DNC folks) to drop their guard in terms of security. The RNC (senate and congress) probably rely on meeting face to face more so than email. This provides fewer opportunities to breach their electronic security as well as reducing the amount of information which can be compromised.

This is not about being tech savvy as commonly understood, this is more about the nature of information security and the process the DNC and campaign were using was incredibly foolish from a security prospective.

-FBB

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Probably has a lot more to do with the GOP being 'out' for 8 years, and there not being a Clinton analog on the GOP side now that the Bush's have also been out of DC proper for 8 years. Those dynamics combined with a lack of a 'Bush Foundation' to glue the corruption together across decades. Add to that less direct connection to high level NWO handlers (Soros), while a less overt agenda to burn America to the ground from the inside out. The hyper crassness of the regime, the all time high levels of corruption being totally embraced. The MSM lock step goosestepping to the incremental march towards totalitarianism. Etc.

In other words, a lot of the kind of stuff my work has been centered around this year; it's what brought me back from the shadows. I'm sure Assange sees it too, realizing that if the US falls to both a totalitarian regime coupled with a national totalitarian ideology then the whole planet is screwed. What Trump is (HOPEFULLY really) fighting for. And I'm sure that scares the hell out of Putin too. That's the only TRUE connection to all of us that Hillary has labelled the "Alt-Right" "Deplorables", that I've seen.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

They're politicians.

So by your logic you are saying that because they're politicians they must have dirt on them.

Therefor, since the Democrats are being treated unfairly we should just supeana all the records of all the personal emails of Republican politicians, just to even the score, right?

Why stop there? Why not just make it so every politician everywhere has to turn over their private emails, thus uncovering any and all corruption from all parties?
edit on 11/6/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

They're politicians.

So by your logic you are saying that because they're politicians they must have dirt on them.

Therefor, since the Democrats are being treated unfairly we should just supeana all the records of all the personal emails of Republican politicians, just to even the score, right?

Why stop there? Why not just make it so every politician everywhere has to turn over their private emails, thus uncovering any and all corruption from all parties?

Oh and if they complain we can tell them, "if you did nothing wrong you have nothing to hide."

Too bad it will never happen.

-FBB

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Tsk Tsk

Must be something else.

whaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaa my candidate got hacked and yours didn't...whaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaa whaaaaa

Guess what?

Too bad. LOL

Shame they didn't hack any juicy dirt on Trump... the Clinton campaign did an excellent job in their place though.
edit on R452016-11-06T22:45:42-06:00k4511Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R452016-11-06T22:45:59-06:00k4511Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Trump doesn't email. its a stupid thing to do, especially when you are as clueless as Hillary placing our country at risk. That fool woman is going to get us killed. Maybe the RNC doesn't use a ghetto server like the state deoartment OR better yet, the illegal one in Hilarys closet.
edit on 6-11-2016 by beeeyotch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: schuyler

Yep, 100% correct, Podesta's email's fell victim to phishing.

That says a lot. Teenagers are aware of such things. They will actually make fun of you if you fall for a phishing scam.

That says quite a bit about the level of intelligence running the DNC.

And remember, folks, they're the so-called intellectual elites! Only they are smart enough to run your life because they know you sure aren't smart enough to do it ...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Does the lack of RNC emails change the DNC emails in any way?

Does the lack of Trump campaign emails change the Clinton campaign emails in any way?

If the answer is no, then the desire for "the other sides emails" is nothing more than deflection.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Tsk Tsk

Must be something else.

Wild times, enjoy.

-FBB

I'm surprised you would leap to such an absurd conclusion. Please explain HOW you got from the RNC NOT getting hacked to "no human error in the thousands of RNC politicians"? I simply pointed out, correctly, how Podesta got hacked and managed to give up his password DESPITE his own IT guy, obviously a competent fellow, who told him to use a direct google link to change it. Podesta did question the email. Too bad he didn't trust his own IT guy and had the hubris to "change" his password the way he saw fit, which resulted in an elementary phishing scheme bearing fruit. Whatever Podesta's genius-level intelligence in other areas, he's quite obviously incompetent when it comes to the Internet. He fell for an unsophisticated trick that a simple look at the replying URL could have told him the whole thing was fake. He had all the information he needed to determine that right in the email itself and still screwed up. I get at least one phishing email every day from my bank, for my NOT bank, from google, from many different places and you know what? I have managed to refrain from clicking o them because they are friggin' OBVIOUS!

The fact is the RNC did get get hacked. Did they NOT Get hacked because they are all geniuses? Who knows? Maybe they have a teenage intern that looks at incoming emails and can spot a phishing attempt a mile away. Maybe they actually talk to each other rather than send emails to people in the same room. Maybe they're not stupid enough to click on a phishing email. Who the hell knows? I don't. How you get from that small fact to "no human error in the thousands of RNC politicians" has to remain one of life's great mysteries.
edit on 11/7/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join