It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Global Government as a Prerequisite For Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is just a thought I had. Remember, it's pure speculation.

It seems to me that if there were alien races in contact with our government that one stipulation for disclosure would be a one species, one world government. Imagine showing up to a planet and having to deal with 196 different countries, who mostly don't get along with each other. Talk about a headache. It only seems logical that part of the agreement for full disclosure would be the formation of a one world government before we are able to join the rest of the universe.

This all rests on the physical E.T. hypothesis, which more and more I'm leaning away from, but seeing as how none of us know FOR SURE what these things flying around in the sky are, I believe it's still worth thinking about. There may be multiple ways to get around the time dilation problem in space travel that we're too young as a species to know about.

So, what do you say? Would you support a one world government if you were told it's needed to become a part of something far greater than ourselves? Or would you assume the government is lying about it for their own nefarious reasons of power, money, and control?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That would be a very effective way to check emerging civilizations for sure. Get them to to destroy themselves with central governance and you don't have to worry about them advancing or improving.

Diabolical actually.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

That would be a very effective way to check emerging civilizations for sure. Get them to to destroy themselves with central governance and you don't have to worry about them advancing or improving.

Diabolical actually.

What about having a world divided would be advantageous to us if this were true? What if central governance didn't destroy us, but helped move us to the next stage of humanity?
edit on 6-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
These aliens that ARE visiting earth are operating on a far higher frequency then we currently do as a society. Aslo, they would never put it as a requirement for all of our countries to 'blend' if that would have a negative impact on humanity.

Also, these alien races capable of reaching us, need not travel at all, they only present themselves in their vessels the way they do just so we have a way of recognizing them. They skip this whole ordeal of travel, they just relocate, through teleportation.

And for sure, multiple governments are aware of their existence. Also, on more then one occasion, nuclear missile silos have been rendered inoperable by these alien craft. Their reasoning being that the release of massive nuclear energy will affect not only our dimension, but other dimensions aswell, and so this is prohibited. Only small nuclear releases are allowed.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The implication has to do with economics. The whole idea of world government implies control of trade and the application of technological advancement through policy restrictions. Only free markets produce those improvements and the more you stifle that innovation through regulation, the less of it you get.

It is centralization and planning itself that causes the catastrophes we endure. The attenuation of experimentation and confinement of vision necessary for bureaucratic contiguity is self destructive. Left to our own devices, someone figures out the best way to do a thing and others follow suit if the solution is sound.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine the can design."

-Friedrich Hayek

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I believe in world government. Most aliens have world government already.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If aliens and angels are the same,then a one world government will happen-as in Revelation.Don`t know about anyone else,but I really would prefer not to find that out the hard way.Besides,who wants to be governed by a absolute authority?Governments have to much control of our lives already

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cyberjedi
These aliens that ARE visiting earth are operating on a far higher frequency then we currently do as a society. Aslo, they would never put it as a requirement for all of our countries to 'blend' if that would have a negative impact on humanity.

Also, these alien races capable of reaching us, need not travel at all, they only present themselves in their vessels the way they do just so we have a way of recognizing them. They skip this whole ordeal of travel, they just relocate, through teleportation.

And for sure, multiple governments are aware of their existence. Also, on more then one occasion, nuclear missile silos have been rendered inoperable by these alien craft. Their reasoning being that the release of massive nuclear energy will affect not only our dimension, but other dimensions aswell, and so this is prohibited. Only small nuclear releases are allowed.

Again, what if the blending of countries wouldn't have a negative impact on humanity? I'm by no means saying it would be beneficial right now, as I don't believe we're advanced enough to live peacefully as a one world government yet. I don't believe the future of our species rests in an isolationist mindset.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hard to imagine aliens would give a hoot about our political climate…

It's a very human sensibility and I see where you're coming from but the thinking as we do is born of our genes...genes of this world and aliens, by definition, are of another world with a completely different set of genetic predispositions and sensibilities...

Notwithstanding the fact that even if they were imbued with our human sensibilities they would've long since evolved from our current social climate…

Darwinism exists socially as well as genetically...

Remember, anyone that has conquered interstellar travel has overcome our math and physics and will far outpace our social evolution…

They could be hundreds of millions of years more advanced than we are...

I suppose they could've even created us so our sensibilities are actually born of their genes…
But I doubt it as we share so many social features of the other organisms with whom we share our good earth..

-Chris

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The implication has to do with economics. The whole idea of world government implies control of trade and the application of technological advancement through policy restrictions. Only free markets produce those improvements and the more you stifle that innovation through regulation, the less of it you get.

It is centralization and planning itself that causes the catastrophes we endure. The attenuation of experimentation and confinement of vision necessary for bureaucratic contiguity is self destructive. Left to our own devices, someone figures out the best way to do a thing and others follow suit if the solution is sound.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine the can design."

-Friedrich Hayek

Good points. What if there was a way to create a one world government and not lose the economic diversity that breeds innovation? I don't think as humans we possess the temperament at the moment to work together on such a large scale, but one can hope.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I guess you should ask yourself what you expect to gain by striving for a global monopoly of coercion. It certainly wouldn't end conflict. Nay, quite the opposite is likely by the attempt.

There is no upside to what you propose with the single exception being that our alien overlords require it.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Hard to imagine aliens would give a hoot about our political climate…

It's a very human sensibility and I see where you're coming from but the thinking as we do is born of our genes...genes of this world and aliens, by definition, are of another world with a completely different set of genetic predispositions and sensibilities...

Notwithstanding the fact that even if they were imbued with our human sensibilities they would've long since evolved from our current social climate…

Darwinism exists socially as well as genetically...

Remember, anyone that has conquered interstellar travel has overcome our math and physics and will far outpace our social evolution…

They could be hundreds of millions of years more advanced than we are...

I suppose they could've even created us so our sensibilities are actually born of their genes…
But I doubt it as we share so many social features of the other organisms with whom we share our good earth..

-Chris

I have no doubt they would be completely different on a social scale. How I'm looking at this is like if you were floating above the planet, objectively watching the actions of the humans on the ground. Seeing us draw lines around ourselves and kill each other to defend them. Always more separation.

I'd imagine Aliens would be interested in politics as much as any cultural phenomenon of ours that divides us and plays such a huge role in our society. I'm not convinced our genes play as big of a role in what we think and who we are.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Depends what you mean by a global government.

A unified coalition of like minded nations who have managed to set aside there religions indifference and come together, working towards the common goal of the betterment of all humanity would probably be far more open to the acceptance that we are not alone in the universe than the oppressive Orwellian nightmare that our bankers and military industrial complex have in operation.

But that would require a paradigm shift the likes of which humanity has yet to experience.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I guess you should ask yourself what you expect to gain by striving for a global monopoly of coercion. It certainly wouldn't end conflict. Nay, quite the opposite is likely by the attempt.

There is no upside to what you propose with the single exception being that our alien overlords require it.

If people had to be coerced into it, it would never be a good thing, and would never work. It would have to be something all parties would voluntarily agree to, using their own free will.

Which is why I said earlier I don't think the human race is anywhere near the point we need to be to make something like this possible. There's too much infighting and looking at the ground and not the sky. I doubt a one world government like what is needed would come into existence until after we've gotten rid of war and conflict between nations. There are problems that DO need to be solved first.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Depends what you mean by a global government.

A unified coalition of like minded nations who have managed to set aside there religions indifference and come together, working towards the common goal of the betterment of all humanity would probably be far more open to the acceptance that we are not alone in the universe than the oppressive Orwellian nightmare that our bankers and military industrial complex have in operation.

But that would require a paradigm shift the likes of which humanity has yet to experience.

I agree completely. I don't believe we'll be ready until we can move beyond the superficial differences that the worst of us use to divide us. Our views on race, religion, politics, sexuality, how many of those would change if we were exposed to an entire universe of other beings to consider?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If people had to be coerced into it, it would never be a good thing, and would never work. It would have to be something all parties would voluntarily agree to, using their own free will.

Which is why I said earlier I don't think the human race is anywhere near the point we need to be to make something like this possible. There's too much infighting and looking at the ground and not the sky. I doubt a one world government like what is needed would come into existence until after we've gotten rid of war and conflict between nations. There are problems that DO need to be solved first.

Of course, there are many who currently do not voluntarily consent to their own existing governments.

But, again, if everyone agreed on a topic, there would be no need for enforcement. For example, let's say we agree that honey bees should be treated with special respect and not swatted or poisoned if encountered. That's a pretty good idea and I don't think it requires a Department of Honey Bee Protection or Honey Bee Defense Forces with special extra-constitutional powers and the authority to dispense punishment.

It's the folks who would disagree with my assertion above that would be the intellectual and philosophical seed for the terrestrial super-state.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
One world govt and friendly aliens are sci-fi.

Does anyone think that had the Nazi's took over, that the aliens would say, "Welcome to the quadrant"?

The aliens will just have to deal with us as we are. Or not.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Of course, there are many who currently do not voluntarily consent to their own existing governments.

But, again, if everyone agreed on a topic, there would be no need for enforcement. For example, let's say we agree that honey bees should be treated with special respect and not swatted or poisoned if encountered. That's a pretty good idea and I don't think it requires a Department of Honey Bee Protection or Honey Bee Defense Forces with special extra-constitutional powers and the authority to dispense punishment.

It's the folks who would disagree with my assertion above that would be the intellectual and philosophical seed for the terrestrial super-state.

Interesting points. Kind of makes me think that maybe a true one world government would be the abolition of all governments, because we've reached a point where they are no longer necessary. That seems a more logical place to think about ourselves in relation to the rest of the universe from. Until we can reach that point, maybe we don't deserve to leave this planet.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Disclosure is OVER ... the internet took care of that long ago.....there are hundreds of millions of people in UFO orgs. and IMHO over a billion humans believe in life at least paralell to human life.....the catch-phrase must now switch to ACCEPTANCE...TPTB....wont like this but they seem to be folding ATM.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Agreed

If I was an alien, the moment someone described Islam(the most popular religion on this planet) I'd hit the warp button to the next solar system...

-Chris

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join