It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporate Conspiracies: The Carlyle Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The dirt on Carlyle goes deep, and about every conspiracy site I've ever visited talks about it. Here's a very tame profile...

"The Carlyle Group is a mammoth private equity firm with more than $18.9 billion under management. One of its companies has been United Defense, a U.S. arms manufacturer that builds artillery, naval guns, missile launchers, and munitions bought by the U.S. Department of Defense. When President George W. Bush declared the "War on Terror" and increased military spending, the Carlyle Group profited. In 2002, the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board invested US $60 million over five years in the Carlyle Venture Partners II fund. This fund's portfolio includes DHS Technologies, a military command post manufacturer, and ISR Solutions, the maker of homeland security products such as fingerprint scanners. The Carlyle Group maintained its interest in United Defense until 2004."

I just wrote a news article that refers to the Carlyle Group - but when I searched ats for links I couldn't find a single thread.

A Military-Governmental-Industrial Conspiracy?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...But there's nothing here on ats about the Carlyle Group. ...??? Why not?

...and there's no forum for corporate conspiracies - even tho corporations are the worst, most powerful, cruel manipulators!!!

??? Wha?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I've been waiting for this...should be interesting.

I didn't know that Canada Pension Plan had invested in Carlyle. Obviously they are doing well as a result - just read this in the paper this morning:

Canada Pension Plan board to invest in U.K. & Europe

I guess war and disasters create unique opportunities for making $$$ grow. And in the process insanely rich and powerful people get even more so.

I'm ashamed...

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Banshee]

[edit on 25/1/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I just sent an e-mail to CPP Investment Board asking if our money is invested in defence and if so why. I'll let you know if they write back.

Look at their description of Carlyle's activities:

"The Carlyle Group is a Washington based, global private equity firm. We have committed US$60 million to Carlyle Venture Partners II, LP to be drawn down over five years. The fund, with commitments of US$600 million, will focus on companies providing infrastructure for enterprises and communications networks. Established in 1987, The Carlyle Group manages approximately US$13.5 billion of equity in corporate, venture capital and real estate transactions."

Almost gives you the warm and fuzzies if you don't know better! Yeah, right!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So I got an answer back from CPP Investment Board:

csr wrote:

Through the Carlyle Venture Capital Fund II, we invest in companies supplying technology infrastructure to commercial enterprises and communication networks, not defence.

Carlyle Venture Capital Fund II is one of about 50 private equity partners we've committed a total of more than $7 billion of the $75.2 billion CPP reserve fund. You can learn more about all our private equity investments, including the commitment to Carlyle Venture Capital Fund II, from our website www.cppib.ca... The CPP Investment Board's entire holdings are also posted on the website.

Regards,
John Cappelletti
Manager, Communications
CPP Investment Board

My response:

Thank you for your response. I looked on the website, but it is very vague. I would hope that whatever investments Canadians money are placed in are ethical. Most of Carlyle's activities certainly are not...they make rich and powerful people more rich and powerful.

Have a nice day and thank you again.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Good stuff AlwaysLearning
Thanks.

Here's some more info for your files...

The ex-presidents' club

It is hard to imagine an address closer to the heart of American power. The offices of the Carlyle Group are on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC, midway between the White House and the Capitol building, and within a stone's throw of the headquarters of the FBI and numerous government departments. The address reflects Carlyle's position at the very center of the Washington establishment, but amid the frenetic politicking that has occupied the higher reaches of that world in recent weeks, few have paid it much attention. Elsewhere, few have even heard of it...

But since the start of the "war on terrorism", the firm - unofficially valued at $13.5bn - has taken on an added significance. Carlyle has become the thread which indirectly links American military policy in Afghanistan to the personal financial fortunes of its celebrity employees, not least the current president's father. And, until earlier this month, Carlyle provided another curious link to the Afghan crisis: among the firm's multi-million-dollar investors were members of the family of Osama bin Laden... more

www.hereinreality.com...

CHRONOLOGY: The Bushes And The Carlyle Group
www.bushnews.com...

Origins of the G.W. Bush-Carlyle-Nazi Axis
www.xs4all.nl...

MERCENARY FIRMS & WAR PROFITEERS
www.betterworldlinks.org...
www.fsa.ulaval.ca...

PS. Re: CPP's response - you got blown off. ...Maybe you could get a bit more pushy???

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I know they blew me off...and I tend to stay on them like a bad rash

The activities of this group sicken me...just the mere fact that the Bush and Bin Laden families are linked there should make everyone question their link to the presidency and the war.

The more I read and research, the more I see that nothing happens by accident...there's a lot more here than meets the eye. And its worldwide.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I did a thread on the recent scandals involving Hollinger coporation, do a search on that one, pretty interesting. The thread didn't get many replies, but it was a pretty major event in the coporate scandal department. Hollinger was a major money shaker for the Carlyle group. It never ceases to amaze me, the coporate powers that be and their uncanny ability to evade the law. Sickening really, Carlyle has more blood on their hands than most nations do.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Conspiracies? nah...

This government is the best..

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Suggested reading, The Iron Triangle Inside the Secret World of the Carlyle Group, by Dan Briody.

If he lives, he plans to write his next book on Halliburton, during Cheney and present.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourth horseman
Suggested reading, The Iron Triangle Inside the Secret World of the Carlyle Group, by Dan Briody.

...there's no way I'm going to get out and buy or borrow that any time soon.

So can you give us a synopsis, maybe a few choice quotes?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Check out this website: coat.openconcept.ca...

Its a petition to stop Canada Pension Plan investments in War!

Sign it if it feels right...and pass it on to others.

C'est ridicule! Ca suffit! Stop the madness!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
People needs to be aware of the links also of Baker in the defense of the Saud Family of Saudi Arabia from the law suit of the families of 9/11 victims.

Doesn't bother you to know that our own ex politicians are taking sides and are not with our own people?

Baker Botts, Sultan’s law firm, for example, still boasts former secretary of State James Baker as one of its senior partners. Its recent alumni include Robert Jordan, the former personal lawyer for President Bush who is now U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia.

Now the Carlyle firm was a shadow firm before 9/11 it wasn't until then that it became center stage due to its links to the Royal family and Bin-Laden.

Why is then that we have James Baker defending them?

new topics

top topics

join