It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director Comey says agency won’t recommend charges over Clinton email

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If DOJ indicts Hillary now, Obama pardons her are she gets away with everything. Even if she isn't convicted yet.

Comey lays everything low now so as to not spook the DOJ and when Trump gets sworn in the indictments fly deep and long.

Hillary goes to jail.

Comey must play the opossum and get slammed now to be the hero later.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

A person does not have to be charged nor convicted to receive a Presidential pardon. He can give get out of jail free cards to everyone right now.

@ others supporting the no charge BS a question.

The statute in question does not require intent to violate it and that element was added by the FBI/DOJ. They usurped legislative authority by changing a law on their own.

What would your reaction be if Hillary, or yourself, was indicted for a crime because the investigators / prosecutors added their own element, one not included in the statute your being charged under?

I accept the concept of "prosecutorial discretion". I reject the level of corruption that goes along with it.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
30,000 e-mails took one year to look through.
600,000+ e-mails took less than a week to look through.

Our technology has come a long way since July.

We live in brave and exciting times indeed. Good luck this week to everyone

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
A second question to Clinton supporters -

If Clinton is elected President should she grant pardons to every single person convicted under the espionage laws who had no intent of breaking the law?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It took the FBI over a year to read the first 30,000 emails. How did they get through 650,000 in a week?

Either comey saw the clinton mechanic working on his car...or...this was all just a stunt to give hillary a credibility boost days before the election. After all, most people believe the last version of [whatever] they hear...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
this was all just a stunt to give hillary a credibility boost days before the election. After all, most people believe the last version of [whatever] they hear...

Doubtful -
Poll Shocker: Hillary Down 7 Points in New York

The damage is done and I think the bulk of Americans are going to hold Clinton accountable.

Someone has to...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It took the FBI over a year to read the first 30,000 emails. How did they get through 650,000 in a week?

Practice

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

this was all just a stunt to give hillary a credibility boost days before the election. After all, most people believe the last version of [whatever] they hear...

Doubtful -
Poll Shocker: Hillary Down 7 Points in New York

The damage is done and I think the bulk of Americans are going to hold Clinton accountable.

Someone has to...

While I hope that is true, I have to wonder if enough time has elapsed for the information to sink in and get a reasonable poll on the effect it had. I don't believe for an instant that hillary is winning in the polls or anywhere else. But I also don't think the effects of this information has resonated long enough to be measured.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Practice

Haha...well, they got too good too fast...that means sloppy...which means another go-around when the stuff they missed comes up...again...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Pretty sure he was told to back off,any fool could see she indeed broke laws,and committed treason,kills me of how some can get sold anything,how can someone say it's ok

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
I just wonder if all those Democrats that claimed Comey was using his position to influence the election are going to stand by those accusations now?

I'm not a Democrat, but yes. He accused Hillary 9 days before the election, likely knowing full well what effect it would have. Then on the slowest news day there's going to be, before the election he quietly dismisses it all and says Hillary is free and clear. Conveniently, this happens 40 hours before polls open, at the point where there's just not enough time to get the word out.

Comey seriously screwed up last week, and at the time he did so, he likely already knew this was the outcome which means he used the FBI to influence the election.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

And if the rabbit hadn't stopped for water, the turtle wouldn't have won the race.

So IF Hillary hadn't been dishonest, Comey would be an unknown name.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And if the rabbit hadn't stopped for water, the turtle wouldn't have won the race.

The key to the charges involving Hillary are intent. Dishonesty would signal intent. If anything, that means Hillary hasn't been dishonest.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I must have missed it. Can you link to your source where Comey accused Hillary? I was under the impression they reopened the case because they found all the emails Clinton deleted along with classified info.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: imwilliam

Name one case in which someone was prosecuted without evidence of intent.

Simple request.

Every manslaughter charge. Ever.

Which has nothing to do with the law about classified information handling. A law which specifies intent.

Lol phage intent isnt nessary in 99 percent of the cases and mens rhea has been thrown out of cases just like hers. The military has something called the clinton defense that doesny work for active military
. Proved intent is what happened on reddit when her server admin asked how to strip her name off emails. because the DOJ is in bed with clinton and all of america knows it.

The military falls under the UCMJ, not the ordinary legal system.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: xuenchen

The key to the charges involving Hillary are intent. Dishonesty would signal intent. If anything, that means Hillary hasn't been dishonest.

Intent is not an element of the crime, regardless of how many times Comey lies about that. Hillary has been dishonest and their is more than ample evidence to support that - her private / illegal server for starters... secondly for lying about it.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I could never understand "intent'.

She did government business on a private server. She set that up, intentionally.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Imo intent was added to give them an excuse not to prosecute. It also supports the ongoing argument that this administration follows the laws it likes and makes illegal changes to the ones they dont - like adding intent to a statute that doesn't contain it.

In voter fraud news it turns out Gov. Terry McAuliff of Virginia lied about the number of Felons his executive order covered. While he claimed only 13,000 were covered, he used an autopen on the orders, granting more than 60k felons the ability to vote. He used the autopen to beat the registering deadline so they could vote in this election.

60,000 is enough to swing the state to Clinton.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

He used the autopen to beat the registering deadline so they could vote in this election.

You know that is a false claim, right?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
If DOJ indicts Hillary now, Obama pardons her are she gets away with everything. Even if she isn't convicted yet.

Comey lays everything low now so as to not spook the DOJ and when Trump gets sworn in the indictments fly deep and long.

Hillary goes to jail.

Comey must play the opossum and get slammed now to be the hero later.

Interesting theory.

If Trump wins what do you think the chances are that Obama will pardon Hillary before Trump takes office on Jan 20th?

If Hillary wins, pardoning her when she and her supporters are now crowing that Comey's latest decision "proves" she did nothing illegal would look redundant at best. At worst it makes Obama complicit in the cover-up. Lose, lose.

Unless Obama were to take a page from Hillary's husband Bill and do his own version of a Mark Rich pardon at literally the 11th hour, and then sneak out of town and pray his legacy as an honest president looking out for the best interests of this country is somehow able to withstand that.

What do you think?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join