It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Truth "Assassins"-- What feeds the propaganda machine.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ever wonder why the media gravitates towards the sensational? Why headlines are crafted in order to grab attention regardless of the facts? How otherwise honest people allow their biases to influence what they choose to report and how to present said information?

Take a good look in the mirror! The answer lies inside of all of us. If you don't believe me, take a look at the "headlines" here on ATS. It's clear we don't want the facts (too boring!) and especially when they challange our worldview.

We have shown that, given an opportunity to be reporters, we follow the methodology of the MSM to a tee. And I don't want to hear about journalistic integrity because we should all hold ourselves to that standard-- particularly on a site that prides itself on denying ignorance.

Let's not blame MSM for giving us what we want.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ignorance is bliss, that's why we are fed a diet of B.S, the Sheeple crave it, no, sorry demand it.

Tell me how bad Russia are, reaffirm my beliefs that were given by the Establishment.

Tell me Daesh are willing to exterminate me in a most imaginative way, it keeps me believing in what the Establishment are doing.

Tell me that Hillary is the only choice to be leader of the Free World, despite all her crooked ways, I demand it.
edit on 6/11/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: Many, many typos

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Speak for yourself and if the majority of idiots here in the Western world can't see the disparity between what the MSM is feeding them and what is actually happening, then the sheeple deserve everything they get.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

News, all media and movies are a capitalistic endeavors to make money for the stockholders in the production companies.
TV is nothing more than a market share, advertising platform to sell you brown shoes, toothpaste, patato chips and medicine because you eat to many chips and diet pills to deal with the results. Guess how much a superbowl ad costs...

Here is a micro cosom of how local news in particular works. I love the biz; I'm sitting in my office/studio for the GOP as we speak. Obscene money in political campaigns.

edit on 6-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Speak for yourself and if the majority of idiots here in the Western world can't see the disparity between what the MSM is feeding them and what is actually happening, then the sheeple deserve everything they get.

Look at how contemptuous you are toward your fellow man.. looks like someone is buying into the hype!

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Look at how contemptuous you are toward your fellow man.. looks like someone is buying into the hype!

You're the one accusing people of believing the MSM, and you're right of course, there are many. And I'm not buying anything from them

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You're the one accusing people of believing the MSM, and you're right of course, there are many. And I'm not buying anything from them

That's not quite accurate. Now the interwebs is part of the MSM as TV. And yet, here you are....bombarded with ads, propaganda, and entertainment.

Capitalism run riot for those savy enough to tap into a yuggggeee industry.

Cudos to the 3 amigos for recognizing the potential and creating ATS. Brilliant!
edit on 6-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

We can agree there..

My point is not so much that we are buying into MSM, but that so many of us have become that which we despise.

edit on 6-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Olaru-- Nightcrawler is such a good movie. Gyllenhaal is creepy personified in that role!

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

What 'most' people want because they've been conditioned to it through repetition.

That conditioning includes shortened attention spans, brought on by shortened, ever more costly ad spots. By planned obsolescence to promote more consumption. Shelf life, half life, updates, upgrades and newest device apps.

Everything has an expiration code. Our throw away society in full bloom.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

News, all media and movies are a capitalistic endeavors to make money for the stockholders in the production companies.

Ads just pay expenses. The real pay off is dividing everyone against each other, cheering for their side. Which is hard to quantify because all of flat screen land is owned by 6 major corporations.

Hail the status quo.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Olaru-- Nightcrawler is such a good movie. Gyllenhaal is creepy personified in that role!

Jake has real depth as an actor! And a great guy...met him on the set of "Brothers" shot here in Tamalewood.

My suggestion to people sick of Media is to get off their butts and start up a production company of their own.

they can start with this.....
www.celtx.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Correct. For once, it really is all about the money.

And anyone who thinks this is just about the mainstream media is being extremely naive. Take, for instance, fake news sites, such as The National News. These guys run on advertising dollars just like everybody else, and they exploit social media networks to spread their stories around and gain them page views. And what is true for obvious fake news sites is true of every ‘alternative’ news outlet from Alex Jones to Breitbart.

There’s money in murdering the truth.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

What 'most' people want because they've been conditioned to it through repetition.

That conditioning includes shortened attention spans, brought on by shortened, ever more costly ad spots. By planned obsolescence to promote more consumption. Shelf life, half life, updates, upgrades and newest device apps.

Everything has an expiration code. Our throw away society in full bloom.

I agree with your reasoning completely. I found the irony to be less that we swallow what they feed us, but rather that, given the opportunity to serve up our own information, we opt for the same sensational, biased, divisive dishes the MSM brings to the table.

I started frequenting this site thinking it was a refreshing alternative to what Murdoch Inc had to offer.. we can do better than this ATS!

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If the purpose of thought was truth we might see better journalism. But truth as a motive for reasoning is rare. Tribalism and sensationalism is more lucrative.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

If the purpose of thought was truth we might see better journalism. But truth as a motive for reasoning is rare. Tribalism and sensationalism is more lucrative.

Keeps me in business. Capitalism rawwks....

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Les, I agree. My point is: Why are we doing it for free? There must be other driving forces at work here.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Human nature, I suppose. We are psychologically equipped for intergroup conflict.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Human nature, I suppose. We are psychologically equipped for intergroup conflict.

Well, community and cooperation are also imbued in the human psyche. I'd also posit that where these traits prevail is where we make the most advances.

Here's a challenge for all of us to appeal to the better sides of our nature and, in the very least, to not add to the propaganda that has no purpose other than to coerce and blind.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Why are we doing it for free? There must be other driving forces at work here.

People mostly believe what they want to believe. The facts don’t matter.

There’s money to be made by arbitraging ignorance. The oldest maxim in show business is to give the public what it wants.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join