It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why and How PUTIN’S RUSSIA IS BACKING DONALD TRUMP

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
WHY VLADIMIR PUTIN’S RUSSIA IS BACKING DONALD TRUMP
BY KURT EICHENWALD ON 11/4/16 AT 5:50 AM

I'm not going to belabor this with my own opinion. This is from Kurt Eichenwald of Newsweek who has published an article that he is encouraging us to send viral.

RUSSIA IS BEHIND TRUMP as long as Trump behaves......or at least, Putin is trying to destroy Clinton. Trump is his actor. Don't fall for it.
Try to understand why educated people are voting for Clinton and not Trump. It is logical, it makes sense, and it needs to happen. Either way, we are screwed....but Putin is a supporter of Assad, he is a monster. Trump is his maybe-me.

Western intelligence and law enforcement say tens of thousands of people have been working with Russia on its hacking and disinformation campaign for many years.

They include propagandists and cyberoperatives stationed in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Novosibirsk, located in the southwestern part of Siberia. Operations have also been conducted in the United States, primarily out of New York City, Washington, D.C., and Miami.

Those involved include a large number of Russian émigrés, as well as Americans and other foreign nationals. Intelligence operations in Europe and the U.S. have determined that the money these émigrés receive for their work is disguised as payments from a Russian pension system. One U.S. official says there is evidence many of these Americans and foreign nationals do not know they are part of Russia’s propaganda operation.

Read the article if you want the actual truth....
this is cyberwar. And if Trump wins, the entire world will be destabilized. It's about Putin and the Kremlin. Crimea and Turkey - foreign relations and global meltdown.

Be careful what you wish for, people. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING before you do it.
I don't want to live in Russia. We will become Russia if Trump wins.

Here is how Moscow operates its campaigns:

Hackers pilfer information from a variety of organizations both inside and outside Western governments; that is distributed to individuals who feed it into what a source told a European intelligence expert was a “pipeline.”

This so-called pipeline can involve multiple steps before hacked information is disclosed through the media or online.

For example, that source reported that documents in the United States intended to disrupt the American election are distributed through WikiLeaks. However, there are so many layers of individuals between the hackers and that organization there is a strong possibility that WikiLeaks does not know with certainty the ultimate source of these records; throughout 2016, the site has been posting emails from various Democratic Party organizations that were originally obtained through Russian hacking.

The Russian penetration in the United States is far more extensive than previously revealed publicly, although most of it has been targeted either at government departments or nongovernment organizations connected to the Democratic Party. Russian hackers penetrated the White House, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the State Department.

The State Department cyberattack, which began in 2014 and lasted more than a year, was particularly severe, with Russian hackers gaining entry into its unclassified system, including emails. (Hillary Clinton left the State Department in 2013, which means that if she had used its unclassified email system rather than her private server—a decision that has dogged her throughout the campaign—any of her emails on the government system could have been obtained by Russian hackers.)

The breadth of the cyberattacks of nongovernmental organizations is astonishing. Russian hackers have obtained emails and other information out of the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, but also have struck at organizations with looser ties to the party, including think tanks such as the Brookings Institution, where some of Clinton’s longtime friends and colleagues work.

Once the documents are obtained by hackers and then distributed, a large group of propagandists around the world begin promoting them on social media—in comments sections of websites and other locations online—hoping to generate negative news stories that undermine Democratic officials, particularly Clinton.

The Kremlin’s campaign is motivated not so much to support Trump as it is to hurt the Democratic nominee. During Clinton’s time as secretary of state, Putin publicly accused her of interfering in Moscow’s affairs. For example, her statement that Russian parliamentary elections in December 2011—which involved blatant cheating—were “neither free nor fair” infuriated Putin. He was also encouraged by the relentlessly positive comments about him by Trump, even after the Republican nominee began receiving criticism within his own party for sounding too supportive of the Kremlin, according to information obtained from within Russia by a Western intelligence source.

Remember, Eichenwald and Newsweek WANT US to publish this. Spread it far and wide. It's jaw-dropping and terrifying. Don't be duped, folks. Look beyond what's in front of your noses.

Thanks for your attention. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

edit on 11/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: change title

+59 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is ridiculous

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Trump is, yes. You aren't here -- if you know so much, then show us some real journalism instead of just your one-line negation. I don't care what YOU think. I care what voters in the United States think.

This information is every bit as "real" as Wikileaks - it even talks about how Wikileaks works. You think Russia is not involved? You are wrong.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
This is ridiculous

No it is not. Russia has accused the United States with interfering in the domestic affairs of Russia, Ukraine, and other nations. Why shouldn't Russia retaliate?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Jesus H christ! There is NO WAY you and your 'star' people have read that article already.

+38 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The Russians are coming!! The Russians are coming!!
The FBI said there were no links between Putin and Trump. Of course, this is the same FBI that the Democrats now hate, after claiming them beyond reproach when they didn't recommend charges for Clinton. Seems the FBI are only the good guys, when they don't go after The Queen.

+28 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

before we worry about Trump, could you please tell us which of the released e-mails were false?

I just need to know so I can base my opinion off of facts. So thanks in advance for letting my know these things.

link   

There are many members here who are part of the operation without knowing it... and a few who are willing participants.

+10 more 
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
WHY VLADIMIR PUTIN’S RUSSIA IS BACKING DONALD TRUMP
BY KURT EICHENWALD ON 11/4/16 AT 5:50 AM

I'm not going to belabor this with my own opinion. This is from Kurt Eichenwald of Newsweek who has published an article that he is encouraging us to send viral.

RUSSIA IS BEHIND TRUMP as long as Trump behaves......or at least, Putin is trying to destroy Clinton. Trump is his actor. Don't fall for it.
Try to understand why educated people are voting for Clinton and not Trump. It is logical, it makes sense, and it needs to happen. Either way, we are screwed....but Putin is a supporter of Assad, he is a monster. Trump is his maybe-me.

Western intelligence and law enforcement say tens of thousands of people have been working with Russia on its hacking and disinformation campaign for many years.

They include propagandists and cyberoperatives stationed in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Novosibirsk, located in the southwestern part of Siberia. Operations have also been conducted in the United States, primarily out of New York City, Washington, D.C., and Miami.

Those involved include a large number of Russian émigrés, as well as Americans and other foreign nationals. Intelligence operations in Europe and the U.S. have determined that the money these émigrés receive for their work is disguised as payments from a Russian pension system. One U.S. official says there is evidence many of these Americans and foreign nationals do not know they are part of Russia’s propaganda operation.

Read the article if you want the actual truth....
this is cyberwar. And if Trump wins, the entire world will be destabilized. It's about Putin and the Kremlin. Crimea and Turkey - foreign relations and global meltdown.

Be careful what you wish for, people. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING before you do it.
I don't want to live in Russia. We will become Russia if Trump wins.

Here is how Moscow operates its campaigns:

Hackers pilfer information from a variety of organizations both inside and outside Western governments; that is distributed to individuals who feed it into what a source told a European intelligence expert was a “pipeline.”

This so-called pipeline can involve multiple steps before hacked information is disclosed through the media or online.

For example, that source reported that documents in the United States intended to disrupt the American election are distributed through WikiLeaks. However, there are so many layers of individuals between the hackers and that organization there is a strong possibility that WikiLeaks does not know with certainty the ultimate source of these records; throughout 2016, the site has been posting emails from various Democratic Party organizations that were originally obtained through Russian hacking.

The Russian penetration in the United States is far more extensive than previously revealed publicly, although most of it has been targeted either at government departments or nongovernment organizations connected to the Democratic Party. Russian hackers penetrated the White House, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the State Department.

The State Department cyberattack, which began in 2014 and lasted more than a year, was particularly severe, with Russian hackers gaining entry into its unclassified system, including emails. (Hillary Clinton left the State Department in 2013, which means that if she had used its unclassified email system rather than her private server—a decision that has dogged her throughout the campaign—any of her emails on the government system could have been obtained by Russian hackers.)

The breadth of the cyberattacks of nongovernmental organizations is astonishing. Russian hackers have obtained emails and other information out of the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, but also have struck at organizations with looser ties to the party, including think tanks such as the Brookings Institution, where some of Clinton’s longtime friends and colleagues work.

Once the documents are obtained by hackers and then distributed, a large group of propagandists around the world begin promoting them on social media—in comments sections of websites and other locations online—hoping to generate negative news stories that undermine Democratic officials, particularly Clinton.

The Kremlin’s campaign is motivated not so much to support Trump as it is to hurt the Democratic nominee. During Clinton’s time as secretary of state, Putin publicly accused her of interfering in Moscow’s affairs. For example, her statement that Russian parliamentary elections in December 2011—which involved blatant cheating—were “neither free nor fair” infuriated Putin. He was also encouraged by the relentlessly positive comments about him by Trump, even after the Republican nominee began receiving criticism within his own party for sounding too supportive of the Kremlin, according to information obtained from within Russia by a Western intelligence source.

Remember, Eichenwald and Newsweek WANT US to publish this. Spread it far and wide. It's jaw-dropping and terrifying. Don't be duped, folks. Look beyond what's in front of your noses.

Thanks for your attention. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

I believe this is just touting the Clinton party line. I'm educated and see right through this.

+6 more 
link   
Well we know from the wikileaks that a big part of the democratic strategy is hyping up the bromance between putin and trump. I mean it does kind of make sense for Putin to not want the POTUS to be a warmongering neocon.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

It's because some of us have been dealing with that sh#t for majority of our lives. I am tired and annoyed of the same thing being repeated time and time again.

Wake the f up. It's the same pathetic strategy as ____( put a name of a leader you dislike) is using chemical weapons...No more

+40 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
This is ridiculous

I think BuzzyWigs meant to post this in the LOL thread.... haha

edit on 6-11-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So Russia exposes the lies and corruption in the DNC and our government and we're supposed to be angry at Russia for exposing the corruption?

F### that. I'll send them a fruit basket and say, "Thanks".

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

before we worry about Trump, could you please tell us which of the released e-mails were false?

It is not that they are false, it is that they have been selectively released and had out of context quotations regurgitated. Many statements that were obviously intended as jokes have been presented as "evidence" of wrongdoing. Colloquial expressions like "wrong headed" have been taken literally to imply mental illness. The sheer volume is designed to make searching them for specifics as difficult as possible.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

It's because some of us have been dealing with that sh#t for majority of our lives. I am tired and annoyed of the same thing being repeated time and time again.

So Russia will allow the United States and Soros to interfere in Russia and Ukraine without taking action?

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If Russia is backing Trump with the intent of avoiding ww3 then I'm for it 100%

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I just need to know so I can base my opinion off of facts. So thanks in advance for letting my know these things.

Which ones are you inquiring about? Pizzas? Beanie Babies? Handkerchiefs?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Kurt Eichenwald seems to have had a bit of an ego drubbing over the fiasco with the sputnik story, so I can't really give his article much credibility, as it's likely he is just doubling down to save face.

Kurt Eichenwald’s Deception, and Newsweek’s Failure to Restrain: A Follow-Up

The strange saga of Newsweek’s Kurt Eichenwald and former Sputnik editor Bill Moran is long and complex, and to better understand the twists and turns of this story, we strongly recommend that you read Wednesday’s story examining whether Eichenwald had used threats and bribery in an attempt to secure Moran’s silence. Our conclusion was that yes, the evidence from several emails and one phone call showed that Eichenwald employed tactics of intimidation and coercion in a failed effort to prevent Moran from publishing a post on Sputnik enumerating exactly what had transpired between the two. Following the publication of our story, Eichenwald’s behavior grew erratic. He tweeted at Moran more than 70 times in the course of 45 minutes on Thursday morning, then proceeded to send him a splenetic email with 14 questions separated into sections (example header: “Further lies”). The questions were personal in nature, frequently combative, and, in some cases, seemingly buoyed by deeper conspiracy theories

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So Russia exposes the lies and corruption in the DNC and our government and we're supposed to be angry at Russia for exposing the corruption?

The Democratic Party is not Russia's target. If the RNC had been competent and run nearly anyone but Trump, they would be exposing Republican corruption as well. The target is America's faith in the electoral process. A demoralized country is a defeated country. Putin wants the United States to withdraw into an isolationist funk so that he can extend his power into the vacuum.
edit on 6-11-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yeah, even if Russia is...which I still doubt, even with this opinion piece.

Saudi Arabia, Qatar and a whole host of terrorist supporting states are pulling and paying for Hillary.

No matter who hacked the emails, the facts are still there that Hillary broke serious laws repeatedly, and then lied repeatedly, and now its being covered up and ignored.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join