It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Clickbait Election - How Teens In The Balkans Are Duping Trump Supporters With Fake News

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Clearly you neither took the time to read my post, the article or the actual title of the thread.

Thanks for dropping by.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Its easy to convince people of something they want to believe.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Is it just me or because we do not have a bone in the election we see more clearly?.
Both are bad choices tbh but I think one is more likely to cock it all up.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The Billionaire's Brain Hackers

It was late and I was tired and I didn't want to start a new thread. Here's my thoughts from that thread regarding this particular issue:

You know we're sliding into oblivion when teenagers in Macedonia are blasting the most sensational propaganda from the fringes of the echo chamber to generate clickbait ad revenue from hapless Americans who think the "lamestream media" is so bad that geysers of pure bulls# are somehow preferrable.

I was reading that thread.

And, yes - - it was late. I got the gist of it, but was too tired to get fully involved.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Take, for example a poll. Post one that shows Trump is miles ahead and his supporters will flock to it, quote it and try and use it in their day to day partisan efforts against the other party.

Oh sweet Jesus, Nef....this is some A-1 stuff. What a fantastic read....im going to have to dig into this a bit to sate my curiosity. What you have essentially delivered here is that people have become very adept at cultivating and mining the attention of useful idiots. And, to one degree or another, we are all useful idiots.

The above quote, however...this is worth examining. Because this is what actually happens. You have nailed it cleanly. People gather their little partisan stories to link to, then use them in their day to day partisan bickering. "Efforts against the other party"....there certainly are efforts. But i keep trying to figure out what those efforts are trying to achieve, and if they are ever successful.

Judging by studies, its not likely that anyone really is. Its more like just showing up to verbally abuse each other with someone elses information. In the process, people learn to listen so that they can reply, rather that listening so that they may understand.

You are making a great point here. I suspect that it will, for the most part, be lost. A lot of this is just human nature (tribalism, etc).

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We have two candidates no one can stand.

That's not true - but it gets repeated often enough in enough places that it starts to feel true, and people are more comfortable saying it

There are plenty of people that adore Trump - and are voting for him, not against Clinton. Of course - the opposite is also true. Those people left out in the cold? Where are they going - and how much is it worth to fight over them - and what would you have to do to them to secure their vote?

On the subject of crowd control, it's not only about incorrect information, but about perception and personal comfort. What are you willing to believe - what will you commit to?

I realize none of that has anything to do with Macedonia :-)
edit on 11/6/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

How are they duping trump suporters if nobody knows their silly sites even exist and nobody clicks on them?

There are several threads here on ATS that use these ghost sites as sources(always pro-Trump):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are many, many more.

It seems you have been duped into believing they are duping masses of trump supporters.

You seem unaware that the Trump campaign has actively targeted what the campaign itself calls "low information voters."
edit on 6-11-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

You know something Nef, when I first saw this post of yours, I wanted to chime in right away, but I didn't.

I didn't because I wanted to prove to myself that, even though what it is you're trying to do is help people to be less ignorant about the world going on around them, that they instead would lower themselves to the Least Common Denominator and project themselves into their utopian Idiocracy society; a society where the truth of it ALL is, in fact, Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence.

Regretfully, I seem to have proved to myself what I set out to find. But for what it's worth, it was an excellent read, and nefarious practices like this from countries with no vested interest in the average Americans well-being who would gladly rob them of not only their money, but their intelligence, was clearly what you were hoping to get at a very MINIMUM the ATS population to rise above - that sleight of hand trickery. You didn't accomplish your goal and I'm sorry for that and for all of US - but perhaps you can take solace in knowing that some of us out here read it for precisely what it is and what its intention was, and thank you.

Great job!

edit on 6-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join