It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Clickbait Election - How Teens In The Balkans Are Duping Trump Supporters With Fake News

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
The scariest part of the article to me is how they are switching to health and wellness sites now that the political stuff is saturated and the election is winding down.
So, fake health info...

They are going to milk the anti-vaxers dry.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Reminded me of:

• One hen
• Two ducks
• Three squawking geese
• Four limerick oysters
• Five corpulent porpoises
• Six pair of Don Alverzo's tweezers
Seven thousand Macedonian warriors in full battle array
• Eight brass monkeys from the ancient, sacred, holy crypts of Egypt
• Nine apathetic, sympathetic, diabetic, old men on roller skates, with a marked propensity towards procrastination and sloth
• Ten lyrical, spherical, diabolical denizens of the deep who all stall around the corner on the quo of the quay of the quivvey, all at the same time

I applaud them for promoting the Neo-Dem Party of Trump. If you've wondered why people are so confused ... now you know.

I thought the end of the Nixon era was as ugly as American politics could get. Maybe someday we'll stop letting politicians get away with minor infractions of the law.

-Cheers

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Where's all the site links?

How come the DNC.Clinton.Corporation.Campaign hasn't exposed this yet?

It should be big news by now.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I know its hard for you - because usually you never do - but try reading the linked article - it gives the names of some of them.

edit on 6/11/16 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Meh... Buzzfeed. Might as well source "Occupy Democrats."

Rather than point out a few false stories, why not point out the true ones? Who are you gonna trust for those? CNN? MSNBC? FOX?

I don't necessarily want DJT, but Hillary is the WORST. So much so that I would "gamble" on Trump, if there's a chance to "Drain the Swamp" even a little, of namely Clinton Inc, Podesta group, and their friends.

Never Hillary

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

Thank you for not reading my OP, and for trying to create a battle ground where one is not needed. Maybe if you'd read what I wrote, instead of going into full on attack mode, you'd understand.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
How are they duping trump suporters if nobody knows their silly sites even exist and nobody clicks on them?

It seems you have been duped into believing they are duping masses of trump supporters.
edit on 6-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

How do you know that "no one knows their silly sites exist" ?

It seems you aren't actually thinking, and just making a BS claim that you can't actually prove at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Earlier in the year, some in Veles experimented with left-leaning or pro–Bernie Sanders content, but nothing performed as well on Facebook as Trump content.

Yep. Next they will be all over health news catering to Alex Jones and alt-right fans. The money will come pouring in.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

More projecting?

Not surprised.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
It's operations like the ones from the OP that can really poison the well when their assertions go viral. All it takes is for somebody on a site like this or a high profile politics blog to repeat what they've read on a fake source and it ends up with some level of credibility and legs.

Pre-internet, the concern was of a "game of telephone", where something is spread word-of-mouth, distorting each time it is told. With internet and social media, what is cut and pasted or forwarded doesn't change, making a falsehood seem all the more believable, especially if it is mockingly authoritative or official looking. At the least end are satiric topics re-posted as thread topics or contributions. At the most serious end are false topics or replies re-posted as "true".

We must remember the tale of Chicken Little (Henny Penny), who said the sky was falling, encouraging others to believe the falsehood, leading to mass hysteria and eventually leading all straightway to be eaten by the fox out to "help" them.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Projecting what, exactly?

You've got me curious now.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Probably the most interesting thread I've read in a long time.

I trained myself ages ago, to look away whenever a TV commercial came on. Any decision I would make, I was determined would be on my own terms by investigation and research - - - not money based propaganda.

"Never go grocery shopping when you're hungry"

edit on 6-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Only ones who read that crap are the dumbassed liberal's the Trump supporters are much more informed and don't fall for MSM crap,only idiots do

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Only ones who read that crap are the dumbassed liberal's the Trump supporters are much more informed and don't fall for MSM crap,only idiots do

LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL

Unfortunately, I think you meant that to be serious

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Where's all the site links?

How come the DNC.Clinton.Corporation.Campaign hasn't exposed this yet?

It should be big news by now.

Clearly these kids owe you a cut of the profits!

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There's a lot going on here that the CT scene isn't discussing at all. I actually linked and excerpted this piece in a post last night in my thread here:

The Billionaire's Brain Hackers

It was late and I was tired and I didn't want to start a new thread. Here's my thoughts from that thread regarding this particular issue:

You know we're sliding into oblivion when teenagers in Macedonia are blasting the most sensational propaganda from the fringes of the echo chamber to generate clickbait ad revenue from hapless Americans who think the "lamestream media" is so bad that geysers of pure bulls# are somehow preferrable.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Says the guy who has fallen for every pro trump thread true or not.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Probably the most interesting thread I've read in a long time.

I was thinking the same thing. And only two pages at this point.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You know we're sliding into oblivion when teenagers in Macedonia are blasting the most sensational propaganda from the fringes of the echo chamber to generate

I came to that line in your thread and thought to myself, Ole Ante is talking metaphorically here, but now I see you were not. That was a great thread by the way.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join