It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump increases the military size...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Obama downsized the military. We have plenty of willing people. Many of them were forced out. Never heard of the gang thing. I retired recently and never encountered it or heard about it.

Thats because its clap trap lefty american hating bull stuff. Gangs are not sending folks into the military to learn anything.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
So this is something I was thinking about again since it came up recently. Trump wants to increase the size of the military. When we had the increases in enlistment during the Iraq/Afghanistan wars, the military couldn't meet their quotas and started dropping the requirements. A lot of those who filled out the requirements ended up being gang members.

There's actually a big problem right now with gangs in the military, and a secondary problem where the original wave of gang members are now getting out, going back to their gangs, and teaching the gangs military tactics to use against the police. In addition to using their military connections to score access to better weapons.

If we have a plan to increase the size of the military... where are the people for this plan going to come from?

Well , there are Always those SJW's out there who seem to have a lot of Free Time on their Hands . Maybe they could Accomplish their Idealistic Objectives within a Disciplined Military Environment , or redirect their Energies to a more Patriotic Sense .

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

They would spend their time protesting their commanding officer who I assume in greater number are men and will be protesting the "patriarchy". They will protest against everything. I don't think we need that in the military.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Drop and Give me 50 Soldier ! Yes Sargent !

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

There's nothing more patriotic than fighting to make sure that all Americans have equal rights and a fair chance to attain the American Dream. And I fail to see how signing up to be a foot soldier for Halliburton qualifies as being "patriotic".

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

" signing up to be a foot soldier for Halliburton qualifies as being "patriotic"."

They would be Signing Up to SERVE Their Country , not some Corporate Lobbyist Organization who's Days are Numbered....

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

War is and has always been a racket. Fighting in the military doesn't secure our rights and it doesn't "serve" our country, either. That's the lie they've used for generations to sucker citizens into killing entire populations of people they've never met and that mean no harm to us. If our troops were strictly used to protect our borders and domestic territories, I'd agree. But we both know that's not the case.

Why do you think they're sent to guard the Wahhabi govt in Qatar or their allies throughout the Arabian Peninsula? To serve America? Or to serve our defense contractors and central bankers who want to prop up those petrodollar allies aka defense purchasers aka terror-rebel accomplices? If I became president, would you still think that signing up to be a soldier who swears loyalty to me would also serve the country or serve my agenda?

Why do you think they were sent into Iraq? They were suckered into serving KBR, our oil companies, the Saudis and Israelis (who were against Saddam) and the Bush-Cheney cabal. Seeing as I was in college when 9/11 happened, my friends, my classmates, several of my family members, and more from my generation were also suckered into fighting the "War on Terror" for those war profiteers.

Even I also almost signed up for the Reserves until the Iraq War happened and I realized that me invading people on the other side of the planet wouldn't do crap to guarantee my right to vote or practice my religion here, wouldn't guarantee my 4th Amendment or 2nd Amendment rights, etc. That war turned me into a pacifist, and every one of my friends who came back a physical or psychological mess only reaffirmed my views. I also realized that the people who are actually a threat to my rights are in power right here and they're the ones I need to be fighting (ETA: nonviolently, of course
).

edit on 7-11-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Aazadan

Did he say increase the size or just strengthen?

They're the same thing. But he said increase the size. Basically he wants to add an additional 200,000 active duty troops, going from 340,000 (I think that's what we're at now atleast) to 540,000.

Umm all they need to do is dip into the reserves and make them active duty.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

They're the same thing. But he said increase the size. Basically he wants to add an additional 200,000 active duty troops, going from 340,000 (I think that's what we're at now atleast) to 540,000.

The reserves are something they want in addition to 540,000 active duty troops. The reserves are effectively the military if we're invaded. The 540,000 are to be for offense.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

The reserves are something they want in addition to 540,000 active duty troops. The reserves are effectively the military if we're invaded. The 540,000 are to be for offense.

Well i see nothing wrong with a draft again then. ANd while drafted they learn a skill for the workforce.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Well i see nothing wrong with a draft again then. ANd while drafted they learn a skill for the workforce.

So you want to draft people into the military, for the already stated goal of having a large enough force that we can invade countries without consequence?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So you want to draft people into the military, for the already stated goal of having a large enough force that we can invade countries without consequence?

We didnt invade before when we had a large forse in the 80s. HE didnt gurantee a invasion of anything. thats hearsay.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join