It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump has no solutions for bringing down the debt. Only talk and ZERO substance.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Economic bubbles are caused by a variety of reasons to say they're caused solely by tax reduction is nonsense eg was the Tulip Mania bubble caused by tax reduction see Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds.

Importantly , tax reduction actually is a economic positive since it allows a more efficient allocation of resources.
Regarding military expenditure the more you spend on military the further away you get from the free market the most efficient allocator of resources, however zero expenditure on military has the disadvantage of you being plundered by an enemy so a military defence is required.

Vote Trump step away from your cognitive dissonance

Think logically vote for Trump

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
Damn , opens up to a blank page for me......

Can you summarize ?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I'm afraid that the word "terrorist group" would be used to define the Americans that would choose to participate in an abolishment of the current regime. If they did the police and military could possibly see it that way and fire on their fellow citizens. I would hope not but it is a possibility.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren
a reply to: carewemust

Trump wants to strengthen the military which will involve increasing the already bloated military budget. I have an idea. How about we close those 800 overseas bases and just worry about defending our own borders. That would surely help reduce the strain on the budget.

Trump talked about this early on in the campaign, but it ruffled so many Republican Establishment and Foreign Leaders feathers, that he stopped mentioning how money needs to be brought back home and invested here. But you can be certain that it's still a big part of Donald Trump's Presidential agenda. It works for me!

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Zngland

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Firstly if the military budget stayed the same we would continue to out spend the world by far.

Second military spending does not directly relate to military competence . The Russians beat a vastly superior German army.

We haven't had a tax cut that didn't increase the national debt since 1964, to think Donald bankruptcy trump would do it is ludicrous.

Especially a guy who can't even bring his own party together.

No. TRUMP is simply another sham like Reagan was. Reagan made the S and L crisis an absolute disaster by ignoring reality and using gimmicks just like Trump is proposing.

Clinton just as bad.

So no I won't vote for trump and maybe research what cognitive dissonance means then use it in a sentence that makes sense

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Thoren
a reply to: carewemust

Trump wants to strengthen the military which will involve increasing the already bloated military budget. I have an idea. How about we close those 800 overseas bases and just worry about defending our own borders. That would surely help reduce the strain on the budget.

Trump talked about this early on in the campaign, but it ruffled so many Republican Establishment and Foreign Leaders feathers, that he stopped mentioning how money needs to be brought back home and invested here. But you can be certain that it's still a big part of Donald Trump's Presidential agenda. It works for me!

So how would trade routes be protected? Would we manufacture everything in the US without a skilled labor force? Where will he get the magic beans to make that work?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If Trump managed the military budget with some of his business people I have no doubt the days of the 500 dollar hammers and 700 dollar toilet seats would be over.. Not to mention a helmet that will cost 500,000 for each pilot who will fly the F-35

Next he has said flat out that the only way to reduce the budget deficient is to grow the economy.... and the only way to grow the economy is to make America a business friendly country instead of a country where the tax rate is one of the highest IN THE FRIGGIN WORLD ! Do all the businesses pay taxes...no... because of the stupid tax laws which are made for the big companies and screw those small companies who can not make campaign contributions..

Those who actually listen to his words instead of someone from MSM explaining what he said have a little better understanding of his intentions.. and in my opinion there is much substance to his words....

People complain about getting screwed by the tax code and the government's heavy handiness yet will vote for a huge tax increase, a war in Syria and the continued cooling of relations with Russia by giving the vote to HRC who said she believes in a no fly zone in Syria.. Try it B and see what the Russians and a few others do to your HRC idiotic plans..

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

If we continue to argue as republicans and Democrats your correct.

If we all decide enough is enough and learn how to talk to each other again and protest in masses it will be much harder.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

"When you cut taxes you loose revanue. THAT creates debt."

not as simple as that see Laffer curve Theory.

eg if govt taxed 100% they would have no revenue since the economy would be dead , (1) see Communism (2)who would work make a profit through their endeavour to have Govt steal all of it. Only Marxists would suggest such crap.

National debt is a problem for variety of reasons the main one being it burdens future generations for the folly or whatever of the people of today which is likely to be deflationary.
i dislike National debt mainly because it is raised from via the Bond market which means big money hides there when this money could be allocated privately which would be more efficient and, the Bond market is why we are taxed we are its collateral the conduit of our slavery.

So be smart have an espresso, wink and blow a kiss to your girl, take your dog for a walk in the park, buy your mum some flowers, watch football with the old man, share some drinks with friends and enjoy life.

Now go out there and vote for Trump
and make America great again

edit on 6-11-2016 by Zngland because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

And that is the reason I am neither democrat or republican, I subscribe to no political party. I subscribe only to the constitution and the freedoms and rights it defends. I vote based on a candidates ability to ensure those rights and freedoms and policies that would improve the conditions for the citizens of this country to flourish.

...So far there have been no contenders.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Zngland

Not going to happen.

Tax cuts with budget increases are a lack of revanue period.

Can you name the last supply side tax cut? I can. It was in 1964.

Every one since has absolutely failed because of spending.

Which guess what? Isn't going to change by putting a guy in who congress overwhelmingly hates.

What happens when Trump realizes he isn't the ceo of america?

A Republican Jimmy carter. That's what

Who mind you also deregulated several industries like aviation and trucking. Causing absolute disaster.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

He can do no more than anyone else and this bloke explains as good as anyone why all countries are in debt and why nothing will change.

Limk

hope it helps

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Excellent video and he is spot on. You can't spend your way out of debt. Especially when there is debt attached to the money as soon as it is created and the only way to get more is to have central banks print even more money with debt attached to it. A never ending cycle that only perpetuates itself.A debt based monetary system is the root of the worlds economic woes.

I'll vote for a candidate if they choose to abolish the federal reserve and go back to a monetary system that isn't debt based.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

You evidently haven't listened to any of his speeches,which is typical for a liberal,if you form an opinion,then you'll never hear the answer,he has been discussing get rid of some laws that were forced in and taxed,reel in wild spending,make people accountable,not giving away taxpayer money

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

His budget plan is no better than hers. Both will increase the debt.There's a graph in this article that shows it.

Article

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

The Navy would still patrol our trade routes and the seas surrounding our country but the 800 bases in foreign countries needs to go. It's not our job to protect the world and neither is it mandated in the constitution as such.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ahead of schedule and under budget.

Could use some of that, ya think?

Line item veto.

Anyway, what's hillary got going about picking up the economy?

How long will she blame it on Bush until it's Obama's fault?

She is gonna raise taxes and screw up obamacare more than it is.

Raise the fines for non compliance on healthcare ins? That should bring in a few bucks.

Oh wait! Bill is gonna be in charge of the economy. Ok, was worried there for a sec.

Yeah, back to hillary and her magic policies.

What are they again? Wish she would give more details besides tuition free, debt free college and walking into the future arm in arm unarmed.

And how much is that "intelligence surge" gonna cost? lol.

Green energy and climate change, cha ching! Yeah....

edit on 11 6 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I would love to see a chart of either candidates budget plans not increasing the debt if you could provide one.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I agree about the notoriously overpriced goods in military and aerospace budgets. Plus there's manufacturing washers in one State and bolts in another then shipping them to a third place to be packaged and sent elsewhere etc. Lots of fat on the budgets that could be trimmed or tendered out for more competitive, rational prices.

On the other hand, will Trump's proposed policies make America business friendly? Shutting out the Chinese will see the price of cheap imported goods rocketing which could decrease the base-rate quality of life and increase inflation. Will American blue-collar workers be willing to work for Chinese wages? Can they win a trade war? The plans to block Muslims won't help trade agreements with Middle Eastern nations. You might say, "So what?" There's something like $60 billion in annual trade with the Saudis not to mention the US business interests across the region.

Steel mills and coal mines won't return to their glory days. Business is business and no corporation is going to hike its prices and cut margins to be brand loyal to America. If a business faces closure or outsourcing, what will it do?

He wants to cut ties with the UN which a lot of ATSers will surely cheer. However the UN is a stabilising entity that the US has had leading influence on for decades. It's like the US has a hand on the tiller of international politics and has inside access. The UN won't go away because he takes America out.

He'll have Russia on side and is that a good thing? Does Russia want a strong, powerful America? Do they prefer a weaker America? Can America retain status with Russia an ally? Will Americans enjoy that change in status quo?

In terms of your 'business friendly' hopes, it's hard to see a stable US economy appearing from increased military budgets, reduced access to cheap goods/services and withdrawal from profitable international markets.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join