It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Tells Illegal Immigrants They Won't Be Investigated If They Vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: Greggers
That is correct. You have to be registered to vote.

At no point in this clip does Obama suggest an illegal should vote.

More lies, BS and distortion.

Are you accusing me of lying? Please show me where I lied.

Haven't you ever been around a situation where there's a particular rule or law and the management/leadership just says, "That isn't being enforced anymore" or "No one is checking whether or not that's being followed."

That happens all the time in everything from tiny companies to states to whole countries. The following website is dedicated to such situations.

Big Government. Small Brains. Dumb Laws.

I've been around such things all my life. No one says that the rule/law doesn't exist because that would be a lie. People just say it's not being enforced or no one's checking. It has the same effect as the rule/law not existing anymore.

Again, I don't think Obama is saying here "Go ahead and vote illegally, we won't check." In the full interview he seems to be saying that "We will not track your vote just because your vote is, perhaps, influenced by an undocumented person."

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

That is correct. You have to be registered to vote.

At no point in this clip does Obama suggest an illegal should vote.

More lies, BS and distortion.

You know, the part where you said Obama told illegals if they voted they wouldn't be investigated. He never said anything about illegals voting at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

In this case, you have to look at the context very carefully. It's almost a subliminal message in my opinion.

Gina Rodriguez: “Many of the millennials, dreamers, undocumented, um, citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

President Barack Obama: “Not true, and the reason is first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself — and there is not a situation where the voting rules somehow are transferred over and people start investigating et cetera,” Obama responded. “The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.”
SOURCE

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Profusion

A "lie of omission" is still a lie. The clip in the OP cuts him off mid-sentence because the next part of his sentence makes it clear that he's talking about citizens voting.

I changed the first video in the original post to something more complete.

a reply to: DeadCat

I replied to you with an article that discusses how illegals can get genuine, valid driver's licenses in many states, and you changed the subject to "fake IDs." As far the opinion you just expressed, I obviously disagree.
edit on 6-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I gave a website that discusses how illegals can get real driver's licenses in many states, and you changed the subject to "fake IDs." As far the opinion you just expressed, I obviously disagree.

You might want to check this site. It lists the States that allow them to get driver's licenses or "driver privilege cards". But each State says things like these licenses "can not be considered a valid form of identification", are "not valid for official federal purposes", "cannot be used for proof of identity or voting and is valid for three to six years", "cannot be used as proof of identity and will be marked as a temporary visitor's driver's license in capital letters", etc.

12 States (and DC) That Allow Driver's Licenses for People in the Country Illegally

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Greggers

In this case, you have to look at the context very carefully. It's almost a subliminal message in my opinion.

Right.....

You're not lying because "subliminal messages."

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That's not as cut and dried as you make it sound. Look at California for example.

On Saturday, California Governor Jerry Brown signed Assembly Bill 1461, the New Motor Voter Act, which will automatically register people to vote through the DMV, and could result in illegal aliens voting.

Any person who renewed or secured a driver’s license through the DMV may now register to vote, or choose to opt out of doing so. Because illegal immigrants are now eligible for obtaining driver’s licenses, they could be allowed to vote in elections if the Secretary of State’s office fails to verify their eligibility properly.

Brown and the California Democratic party know exactly what they are doing; as a Public Policy Institute survey showed, among unregistered adults, 49% lean toward the Democratic Party and 22% toward the Republican Party. Any bill permitting illegal immigrants to vote would cement the Democratic Party’s hold on California.
Jerry Brown Signs Bill That Could Let Illegal Aliens Vote

Right.....

You're not lying because "subliminal messages."

You're lying about what I wrote. You're claiming that I wrote that a subliminal message was involved, and I never wrote that. This is extremely straight forward. The question is "Is X true?" The answer is unequivocally "No."

The possible subliminal message aspect was an aside that I was hoping someone who's knowledgeable about such things may comment on. I'm fascinated by how the exchange turned out. Most likely, the subliminal aspect was planned by the interviewer. The way it turned out is simple and easy to understand. The biggest possible subliminal to me is including "undocumented, um, citizens" in with millennials and dreamers."

Gina Rodriguez: “Many of the millennials, dreamers, undocumented, um, citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

President Barack Obama: “Not true, and the reason is first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself — and there is not a situation where the voting rules somehow are transferred over and people start investigating et cetera,” Obama responded. “The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.”
SOURCE

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
And none of that changes the fact that Obama never said anything about illegals voting.

You're making stuff up.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

And none of that changes the fact that Obama never said anything about illegals voting.

You're making stuff up.

The title of this thread came from the description of the YouTube video on this topic from Fox Business.

Former Governor Jan Brewer, (R-Ariz.), on President Obama telling illegal immigrants they won't be investigated if they vote.
SOURCE

That's the opinion of Fox Business, and I simply copied it. I made up nothing there.

Concerning whether or not Obama "said anything about illegals voting", that's a separate issue from whether the title of this thread is correct or not. While Obama said nothing about illegals voting, the title of this thread is still a statement of fact.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Obama also just pardoned a hardcore heroine/coc aine dealer in Myrtle Beach S.C. I guess Obama will need a source to get a little "sniff" as he calls it. Obama is disgusting.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Another blatant example of the president breaking the law,this guy is a complete fool,telling them it is ok to break the law,as long as you vote Democrat

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Disregard

edit on 6-11-2016 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Sorry, for some reason I can't reply in full. keeps deleting my reply. Tried correcting to no avail.

bally

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Wow..you add illegal aliens to dead voters turning out for Clinton, and Trump will have his work cut out for him! But, successful people thrive on challenges like this.
edit on 11/6/2016 by carewemust because: TRUMP 2016!

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

What Obama is saying is if you are legal, but are sheltering Illegal aliens, you can vote without worry.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What Obama is saying is if you are legal, but are sheltering Illegal aliens, you can vote without worry.

Correct. If anything, that should've been the "scandal" here. But people were so quick to sensationalize what he said and take it out of context that they missed this.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Let us see, you said "Obama Tells Illegal Immigrants They Won't Be Investigated If They Vote"

Please show us all exactly where in that video Obama said that......

If you cannot then you lied!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Wanted to bump to address Assembly Bill 1461. Snopes tackled that one:

While it's true that undocumented people in California can obtain a driver's license, the state has not passed any laws which also gives them the right to vote. The New Motor Voter Act was passed in an effort to improve voter turnout, and while this law does automatically register citizens to vote when obtaining or renewing a driver's license, this only applies to citizens who are already eligible to vote.

Snopes

Be sure to read it all

edit on 28-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join