It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Tells Illegal Immigrants They Won't Be Investigated If They Vote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The relevant clip begins at 3:19 in the video directly below.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Gina Rodriguez: “Many of the millennials, dreamers, undocumented, um, citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?”

President Barack Obama: “Not true, and the reason is first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself — and there is not a situation where the voting rules somehow are transferred over and people start investigating et cetera,” Obama responded. “The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.”
SOURCE

I see this as good news and bad news simultaneously. The bad news is not really that shocking to me. The Obama administration is lawless. Most of us who have been paying attention have known that for a long time.

The good news is that Obama recognizes that every vote is necessary for a DNC victory. That is consistent with Paul Craig Roberts' opinion that the election fix may have moved over to Trump.

This kind of behavior seems reckless even for Bill and Hillary, who are accustomed to getting away with everything. Nevertheless, if you are an oligarch already worried about the reopened Hillary email case and additional FBI investigations, such as the one into the Clinton Foundation, and concerned about what else might emerge from the 650,000 emails on former US Rep. Weiner’s computer and the NYPD pedophile investigation, putting Hillary in the Oval Office doesn’t look like a good decision.

At this point, I would think that the Oligarchy would prefer to steal the election for Trump, instead of from him, rather than allow insouciant Americans to destroy America’s reputation by choosing a person under felony investigations for president of the United States.
SOURCE

Roberts is claiming that it would be a public relations disaster for a U.S. president to be elected while under criminal investigation. With Obama sounding desperate for votes, it looks more like Roberts' opinion may be correct.
edit on 6-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
0bama doubling down.

Trump's probably gonna have him in jail too. I would.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Obama has actually deported more immigrants than other presidents; could be reverse psychology.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Obama just makes the laws up as he goes along, I guess.

Brewer is right. He should have taken the opportunity to educate the woman about constitutional law. Isn't that what he is supposed to be in "real life"?....a constitutional lawyer?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Did you want him to lie and say "Yes, we will hunt you down because each vote is not confidential and we will find you."

He answered the question honestly, but the poor part of it is that he did not seem to feel the need to point out the fact that one SHOULD NOT vote, despite the those facts.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Well, aren't YOU a friendly little fascist!

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: Snarl

Well, aren't YOU a friendly little fascist!

It's okay to call me names. You're gonna have to go to work when Trump wins the election.

Ahhhahahahaha!!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

A 33 second clip? Where's the rest of the clip so we can see what else he said? It even cuts him off mid-sentence.

ETA: Here's the full interview.

The other half of the same sentence that's cut short in the OP says "...if you have a family member who maybe is undocumented then you have an even greater reason to vote". He even makes a point to say "for Latino citizens" in the very next answer when talking about voting, because the others in their communities don't have the voice and thus are counting on their votes.
edit on 6-11-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Here is the full interview of that little 33 second clip:

(Question asked around 3:30)

He does say (4:30) "Your vote counts for those who do not have a voice.. who cannot legally vote. But they count on you to vote."

He also says "It is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted FOR"

The bold part is blatantly left out in the 33 second clip.

edit on 5-11-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I don't think it's sunk in to Barack Obama that he is a LAME DUCK. If Trump wants to deport them next year, there's nothing former President Obama can do about it.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat
Here is the full interview of that little 33 second clip:

(Question asked around 3:30)

He does say (4:30) "Your vote counts for those who do not have a voice.. who cannot legally vote. But they count on you to vote."

He also says "It is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted FOR"

What does that mean for undocumented immigrants? They can lie about everything from their real name to their age to their nationality. If they thought it was important enough, what would keep them from obtaining a fake ID just for voting which they could throw away and never use again after they voted?

While we're at it, why couldn't they obtain ten different such IDs and vote ten times in ten different places?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

LOL You beat me to it. I had to watch it to make sure I didn't miss anything.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I cannot say for certain, because I am absolutely clueless to the way voting works.

I would think you would have to be registered to vote.. which means you probably have to be a legal citizen to register? IF you try to vote using a fake ID.. maybe it doesn't get counted? Because you are not registered.

I THINK what Obama is saying is that "There is no way to prove or track the REASON that you voted.. which may include the opinions of non registered voters who cannot legally vote themselves."?
edit on 6-11-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

We're talking about people who are perpetually LYING to live in a country illegally. If they have any kind of valid U.S. ID then they obtained it by lying. What would stop them from having a special ID with information completely different from any other IDs they have that is just for voting?

The following is just about driver's licenses. I don't have time now to find all of the different types of IDs that can be used to register to vote.

The exact terms vary by state. As of this writing in 2016, a total of 12 states plus the District of Columbia allow undocumented immigrants to obtain a driver's license. These 12 states include California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Vermont and Washington.
SOURCE

edit on 6-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat

I cannot say for certain, because I am absolutely clueless to the way voting works.

I would think you would have to be registered to vote.. which means you probably have to be a legal citizen to register? IF you try to vote using a fake ID.. maybe it doesn't get counted? Because you are not registered.

I THINK what Obama is saying is that "There is no way to prove or track the REASON that you voted.. which may include the opinions of non registered voters who cannot legally vote themselves."?

That is correct. You have to be registered to vote.

At no point in this clip does Obama suggest an illegal should vote.

More lies, BS and distortion.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Obama has actually deported more immigrants than other presidents; could be reverse psychology.

Turning them away at the border is not deporting them. All he did was "re-define" the meaning of deportation.
All BS. I thought the same thing until I researched it in more detail. You have to look at the number of people who have been here 1 year or more. He has no intention of deporting those people. The number is so low might as well call a no deportation policy. He also never visits the border to even understand the problem. He does not care.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

We're talking about people who are perpetually LYING to live in a country illegally. If they have any kind of valid U.S. ID then they obtained it by lying. What would stop them from having a special ID with information completely different from any other IDs they have that is just for voting?

What does that have to do with President Obama or the interview? Just watch the 7min interview and it's obvious that he's talking about Latino/Latina citizens. He even pivoted from her question's wording to specifically say Latino citizens at least twice (note: I'm not watching it again to count the times).

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

The following is just about driver's license. I don't have time now to find all of the different types of IDs that can be used to register to vote.

The exact terms vary by state. As of this writing in 2016, a total of 12 states plus the District of Columbia allow undocumented immigrants to obtain a driver's license. These 12 states include California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Vermont and Washington.
SOURCE

I just for some reason doubt that voting as an illegal is as easy as getting a fake ID. if it is that easy.. then maybe our elections outcome have been plagued for years by false voters, illegal voters, and people who vote multiple times. Surly it would have been abused in mass quantities.
edit on 6-11-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
That is correct. You have to be registered to vote.

At no point in this clip does Obama suggest an illegal should vote.

More lies, BS and distortion.

Are you accusing me of lying? Please show me where I lied.

Haven't you ever been around a situation where there's a particular rule or law and the management/leadership just says, "That isn't being enforced anymore" or "No one is checking whether or not that's being followed."

That happens all the time in everything from tiny companies to states to whole countries. The following website is dedicated to such situations.

Big Government. Small Brains. Dumb Laws.

I've been around such things all my life. No one says that the rule/law doesn't exist because that would be a lie. People just say it's not being enforced or no one's checking. It has the same effect as the rule/law not existing anymore.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

A "lie of omission" is still a lie. The clip in the OP cuts him off mid-sentence because the next part of his sentence makes it clear that he's talking about citizens voting. He even doubles down on this perspective by mentioning that the non-citizens in those communities are relying on the citizens to vote because they don't have a voice themselves.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join