It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild and Needing Tamed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to say about this movie, really, other than I watched it and was deeply affected.
I wound up sitting in the middle of my bed, sobbing.

I don't watch a lot of TV. Movies, meh...when the mood strikes. I think that on rare occasions, movies or programs resonate so deeply with us that we are powerless to think of it as 'just a movie' and instead, it is almost a reflection or playback of what we've experienced.

I think it is a rare occurrence. I also think that when that happens, we should take note and deal with the emotions, thoughts and, possibly, regrets that come. It can be (movies, theater etc) simply entertainment but, it also can be so much more and cause one to think about the past and what's to come.
Where we've been and where we are going...on a hike for example.
Reese Witherspoon has not ever nor will ever be one of my favorite actresses however, I think she absolutely nailed the part of Cheryl and I can't imagine another actress portraying this character as well.

I highly recommend this movie (for what THAT'S worth) too anyone who is going through a dark time and sees no way out or, perhaps, grieving the loss of a loved one or regretting one's past.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel and a 'bridge of the gods' that we can all reach if we persevere. I have to believe that.

IMBD- Wild

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I bet this is a good movie! If you go into it looking for answers to your own questions, I bet you're likely to have a revelation. Just from the 2 min trailer I can tell I would identify with this movie.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Saw this movie months ago-alone-so I did feel very emotional about it but more it allowed me to think and feel at the same time while watching it.

A quiet movie that I think resonates with many personal experiences.

I don't care for Reece; did like the movie but I think there are other actors that could have played the role as well or better but are not as well known. She, for me due to her public persona, has lost alot of her genuine self and her ability to be believable in most of her recent roles.
edit on 5-11-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I loved the movie Wild. It was a really good story and Reese Witherspoon was great in the role. The movie made me want to hike part of the Pacific Coast Trail.

It is a moving story about personal growth. The character of Cheryl reminded me that one can overcome obstacles. Really made me think about how to deal with some new things in life, and that there is always hope.
edit on 5-11-2016 by PacificBlue because: add txt

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

I DO hope you take time to watch it and let me know how you felt/thought!

Revelation. That was it. Definitely.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Saw this movie months ago-alone-so I did feel very emotional about it but more it allowed me to think and feel at the same time while watching it.

A quiet movie that I think resonates with many personal experiences.

I don't care for Reece; did like the movie but I think there are other actors that could have played the role as well or better but are not as well known. She, for me due to her public persona, has lost alot of her genuine self and her ability to be believable in most of her recent roles.

I agree with your thoughts about Reese. She wouldn't have been my first choice but, pulled it off IMO.
I also watched it alone and felt deeply and wrestled with memories and was, perhaps, just amazed at the feelings that a movie could wrench from deep within. I am a horror/suspense/thriller type of gal so...it caught me off guard.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PacificBlue
I loved the movie Wild. It was a really good story and Reese Witherspoon was great in the role. The movie made me want to hike part of the Pacific Coast Trail.

It is a moving story about personal growth. The character of Cheryl reminded me that one can overcome obstacles. Really made me think about how to deal with some new things in life, and that there is always hope.

I want to hike it tomorrow!

Perhaps, I will find answers to my questions and come to terms with the things I've been neglecting as well.
I am so glad that you enjoyed it because I did also.
There is always hope, isn't there?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: DeadCat

I DO hope you take time to watch it and let me know how you felt/thought!

Revelation. That was it. Definitely.

I'll have to watch it just for you!

And maybe just a tad bit for myself and my personal endeavors.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Powerful and emotional movie! You put it beautifully when you said, "...it also can be so much more and cause one to think about the past and what's to come.
Where we've been and where we are going..."

Thank you for sharing this my dear friend!

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Powerful and emotional movie! You put it beautifully when you said, "...it also can be so much more and cause one to think about the past and what's to come.
Where we've been and where we are going..."
Thank you for sharing this my dear friend!

You are more than welcome.
This movie really punched me in the chest. I have a new respect (?) for the lead actress. I think it is telling that a popular actress would play a role that doesn't show them in the best light. The character of Cheryl is broken, twisted, selfish and generally not a nice person but the journey reveals to her the essence of life and she is able to come to terms with not only herself but those she has loved in her life and lost.

The hike is simply, IMO, what she needed to break not only herself physically but mentally so she could begin to heal with a clarity about who she is.

I think it was marketed as mainly a 'chick flick' but, I think it crosses those lines easily and anyone who has been touched by death of a loved one, drug use, sexual promiscuity or a failed marriage can take something away.

Sorry for the ramble, my friend, this one just made me think.

new topics

top topics

join