It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** Donald Trump rushed from stage due to threat

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
I'm surprised Trump didn't take a bullet to save a baby after reading how brave he was.

The baby was probably Latino.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
a reply to: introvert
Well it was an Attack on Trump.
Be it Gun Knife Brick or Shoe.
The Weapon Matters Not.

What Difference Does it Make.
An Attack is An Attack.

This Country has Gone to Hell in a Hand Basket.

IT WAS A SIGN!!!!! Not a gun, or a knife, or a shoe - A FRIGGIN SIGN. The man was upholding his CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED RIGHT to hold up a sign and some IDIOT yelled out "GUN" knowing it would stir up the crowd. NO SANE PERSON WOULD EVER MISTAKE A SIGN FOR A GUN.

THERE WAS NO "ATTACK". STOP THE FEARMONGERING.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I know that the actual facts aren't going to make a difference here, but in summation:

From all evidence, Mr. Crites seems to be a registered Republican who detests Trump. He is voting for and supports Hillary Clinton in this election as many Republicans do.

His name does show up in a Wikileaks file which, considering the lack of context for the information, means what you want it to mean.

He was holding a sign, not a gun. He was released almost immediately.

There was no assassination attempt. No one aside from the first few minutes thought it was an assassination attempt.

Convenient Summary at Heavy.com

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Forget it mate. Facts mean nothing to Trump supporters. When faced with undeniable facts they deflect and whine and do anything they can to avoid actually addressing and answering those facts - as is evidenced by the last several pages of this thread.

Apparently, in their eyes, a man holding a sign is threat to Trumps life. That's how ridiculous these people are.

edit on 6/11/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

TJW's really special snowflakes they must be to see that as an attack on Trumpy.
Poor poor trumpy...Does anyone need a hug?.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I know that the actual facts aren't going to make a difference here, but in summation:

From all evidence, Mr. Crites seems to be a registered Republican who detests Trump. He is voting for and supports Hillary Clinton in this election as many Republicans do.

His name does show up in a Wikileaks file which, considering the lack of context for the information, means what you want it to mean.

He was holding a sign, not a gun. He was released almost immediately.

There was no assassination attempt. No one aside from the first few minutes thought it was an assassination attempt.

Convenient Summary at Heavy.com

Yes, this is factually correct.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

You know - I'm sorry you had to spend the night alone in here

It's a real test of your sanity this place

:-)

Meanwhile - even if he was a paid, secret (so secret) operative sent on direct orders from the grim halls of the Clinton Foundations magic fort, and someone did see his name reflected once in the magic Wikileaks pool...

Still just a guy with a sign

Props to the secret service though for saving him from a pack of ravenous dogs - they got the guy out in the nick of time sounds like

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

You know - I'm sorry you had to spend the night alone in here

It's a real test of your sanity this place

:-)

LOL yes it can be! I've been here since 2008 though so I know how insane this place becomes every U.S. election cycle. This year definitely takes the cake though!

Meanwhile - even if he was a paid, secret (so secret) operative sent on direct orders from the grim halls of the Clinton Foundations magic fort, and someone did see his name reflected once in the magic Wikileaks pool...

Still just a guy with a sign

Props to the secret service though for saving him from a pack of ravenous dogs - they got the guy out in the nick of time sounds like

Yeah I have to say the fact that the SS cleared him so quickly is definite cause for giving them props. At least THEY realised that the guy was no threat and hadn't done anything wrong - despite what Trump supporters will try to tell everyone.

EDIT TO ADD: I just realised you've been here since 2008 also. I can't believe we've survived 8 years of madness can you? lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Amazing how FACTS can change a narrative eh?

Also amazing is how you suddenly seem to have remembered how to read plain English. I noticed you buggered off when called out on your deflective nonsense earlier.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It seems that so far, the Secret Service hasn't been compromised the way the FBI apparently has.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

If it wasn't all so surreal and so, well - sad? This would be really funny

Maybe it's just funny - I can't tell anymore

I know it's not as good as Breitbart, but The Guardian will have to do:

When he was near the front of the crowd, he said he silently held aloft his sign.

“I had a sign that said ‘Republicans against Trump’. It is a sign that you can just print off online.”

Initially, there was the expected reaction of people around him booing, he said. “And then all of a sudden people next to me are starting to get violent; they’re grabbing at my arm, trying to rip the sign out of my hand,” he said.

He said he could not be sure but “it looked like” Trump was pointing at him, and may have been “instigating something”. Either way, the crowd piled on him, he said, kicking, punching, holding him on the ground and grabbing his testicles.

He said he was a wrestler in his youth and used his training to turn his head to the side to maintain an airway open as he was being choked by one man who had him in a headlock. “But there were people wrenching on my neck they could have strangled me to death,” he added.

Crites said when he was on the ground he heard someone yell “something about a gun” and he kept telling those on top of him that he had merely been holding a sign.

He was unaware, until the Guardian told him, that Trump had been ushered from the stage amid the mayhem.

For his part, Crites said he felt relieved when police arrived and placed him in handcuffs, but said officers had to fend off Trump supporters who continued to attack him. “As I was taken from the room, people are just looking at me like I’m a demon,” he said.

He said he was taken to the back of the auditorium, searched, subjected to a background check and then swiftly released.

Several Trump supporters who witnessed the incident told the Guardian they saw a man wrestled to the ground and, after he was on the ground, heard shouts that he had a weapon, prompting panic.

One of those witnesses, a Trump supporter, said he had seen the protester holding a “Republicans against Trump” sign, and assumed it had been misidentified as a weapon.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

To be honest I find it frightening and a wake-up-call that the world has not progressed as far as we thought it had.

The only part I find somewhat amusing is this bit:

Either way, the crowd piled on him, he said, kicking, punching, holding him on the ground and grabbing his testicles.

Grabbing his testicles.

Grabbing his testicles. I mean, come on, really? Who the hell does that.

Perhaps I find that to be more disgusting than amusing upon reflection.

One of those witnesses, a Trump supporter, said he had seen the protester holding a “Republicans against Trump” sign, and assumed it had been misidentified as a weapon.

This is a perfect example of the insanity of most Trump supporters. What sane person would mistake a sign for a gun?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

It seems that so far, the Secret Service hasn't been compromised the way the FBI apparently has.

I've wondered about this - there was that tell all book
Secret Service veterans denounce anti-Clinton tell-all book

FBI takes a page from Breitbart: Far-right “Clinton Cash” book used in Foundation investigation

Waiting for someone from the DOJ to write a book...

Good people in all three no doubt, but if these three are splitting - and political?

I think we might actually be at war with each other.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I'm not actually amused - I'm terrified

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Also amazing is how you suddenly seem to have remembered how to read plain English. I noticed you buggered off when called out on your deflective nonsense earlier.

No, someone just posted what actually happened in a sensible non partisan way.
That tends to draw sensible non partisan responses.
I got bored of you. You were funny in a court jester kind of way, but after a while it wears off.
edit on 6/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
There have been a few "analyses" of Trump by psychologists/psychiatrists who have identified his personality as someone who holds himself in high but fragile regard.

In other words, Trump really believes it when he claims to be ... the best businessman, the only man who can save America, someone that can molest women at will and get away with it ... because he holds himself in very high esteem.

That's no problem. We like confident people, right?

The problem with Trump is that this self-esteem is also very fragile. He cannot accept awareness that someone has said something he deems as taking away or casting doubt on his high opinion of himself.

He is, as we have seen, COMPELLED to attack and disprove every slight he perceives, usually, at least in this election, to his detriment.

Now, here's the tie-in to the ridiculous "assassination attempt" being Trumpeted here ...

Many if not most of Trump's followers have become entangled in a classic CULT OF PERSONALITY. They have exalted Mr. Trump into a near-super-human position in their world-view. It doesn't matter what horrible things he does or says, he can do no wrong. The problems are the fault of others, not Mr. Trump. He is perfect and is the ONLY one who can save America, the ONLY one who can clean up corruption, etc. etc.

In other words, in the minds of these people, they have adopted the same high-but-fragile esteem for Mr. Trump that he holds for himself.

A lot of the reactions we see here make perfect sense in that consideration.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I'm not actually amused - I'm terrified

It's certainly time to be worried, regardless of the outcome on Tuesday.

None of this is going away.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Please explain how simply trying to point out that Trump knew he was in no danger when he went back out because the SS had cleared the protestor and wouldn't have allowed Trump back out otherwise is somehow "partisan"?

Here we have it people: Rock bottom.

Please feel free to back up your nonsense claim of me giving "partisan responses" or retract your claim and admit it was wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

I got bored of you. You were funny in a court jester kind of way, but after a while it wears off.

Funny, I do what I always do, and usually, you're slagging those insults at me.

Facts are facts. They're not partisan.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

None of this is going away.

Nope

I honestly don't see how we can fix this

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join