It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Suprised By-Researchers Claim That Humans Souls Live After Death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I found the way the journalist wrote about believing in life after death should be as foreign as spirit cooking to most people. Of course all the major religions believe that you don't die and your soul lives on. But the author is just stunned.

Wonder if this piece was written in such a way to make people question their beliefs, just a little bit or feel a little stupid for believing.

It may sound like a supernatural myth, but the idea that human consciousness lives on after death has been put forward by a number of well-respected scientists.

And the British scientist at the forefront of the eerie theory claims that humans have souls which don't die along with the body.

We many not know exactly what consciousness is, but physicist Sir Roger Penrose believes that it's just a packet of information stored at a quantum - or sub-atomic - level.

Sensationally, he claims to have found evidence that this information, which is stored in microtubules within human cells, leaves the body after a person dies.

Sir Roger has argued that when a person dies temporarily, this quantum information is released into the universe, only to return to the body's cells if the host is brought back to life.

He argues that this explains why people can have near-death experiences, and believes that this quantum information amounts to a soul leaving the body.

The physics expert said: "If the patient dies, it's possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul."

And Sir Roger is not alone in believing this, since his theory is backed by researchers at the renowned Max Planck Institute for Physics in Munich.

Experts there argue that our physical universe is just a perception, and that once our bodies die there is an infinite life beyond.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, the universe is just 1 thing if you ask me, like an ocean. When the fishes die, their essence remain with the sea forever, one way or another.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Of course humans have souls! It weighs 21 grams.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

are you talking about this?

www.historicmysteries.com...

On 10 April 1901, an unusual experiment was conducted in Dorchester, Massachusetts. Dr. Duncan MacDougall was going to prove that the human soul had mass, and was therefore, measurable.

Dr. MacDougall conducted this experiment on six dying patients who were placed on specially made Fairbanks weight scales just prior to their deaths. Dr. MacDougall’s intention was to weigh each body before and after death to determine any differences measured by the delicate scales. The patients were selected based upon their imminent death. Two patients were suffering from tuberculosis, 5 were men and one was a woman.

n the company of four other doctors, Dr. MacDougall carefully measured the weight of his first patient prior to his death. Once the patient died, an interesting event occurred.

Suddenly, coincident with death, the beam end dropped with an audible stroke hitting against the lower limiting bar and remaining there with no rebound. The loss was ascertained to be three-fourths of an ounce.
Dr. Duncan MacDougall

The experiment continued on the next patient with the same results. Dr. MacDougall felt he was on to something extraordinary. A quote from the 11 March 1907 New York Times article captures the historic moment:

“ The instant life ceased the opposite scale pan fell with a suddenness that was astonishing – as if something had been suddenly lifted from the body. Immediately all the usual deductions were made for physical loss of weight, and it was discovered that there was still a full ounce of weight unaccounted for”

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Well, the universe is just 1 thing if you ask me, like an ocean. When the fishes die, their essence remain with the sea forever, one way or another.

Nice imagery.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The 21 gram thing didnt work on dogs and mice..
Kinda sad to think our pets dont have souls..

It should be tried on monkeys, dolphins and my ex gf.

B

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bspiracy

I was under the impression that the small amount of electricity we have in our bodies had something to do with it. But that is just when I day dream and odd things like that come to mind. But if dogs indeed don't go to heaven, I think once we are there it will all make sense.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I do believe that souls exist based on my gut feelings. Others could call it "faith", but I would just call a gut feeling. However, personal testimony of someone who told me of their past lives in confidence has lead me to the additional gut feeling that an over-soul also exists. I believer the human soul was, is, and will continue to be manipulated by technology, though not humans for a long time if ever. A common soul may or may not retain memories from one life to another and the oversoul may or may not retain memories from one life to another.

Ultimately I believe we are mere figments of God's imagination, and cease to exist entirely and absolutely when/if we stopped being thought about.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: fractal5

pretty deep, I will digest for a while

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
But where do all the calculators go.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

Nice play on heaven. But a robot has to be programmed to believe that, by a creator. Maybe that is why believing in God is such a universal thing all over the world. We may have it is instilled before birth?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Which segways into a reincarnated vein of speak.
Wanna go there?
b

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
maybe the loss of weight is loss of oxygen in the lungs, a cubic foot of oxygen weighs approx 1.40 oz, and the reason it doesnt measure on smaller animals is because the difference is too small to measure due to smaller lungs,
just spit-balling, would love to learn of actual proof of afterlife as have had "weird" experiences myself but i try to scratch all possibilities off before i make up my mind, any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I know very little about it. But feel free to type, I will read.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

Man.. So my 17" macbook i screen cracked with a blowtorch still exists somewhere?
Thanks be to the Progammers!

b

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Does your mac think there is a silicone heaven?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I have many thoughts on it but i will share a video first . .. .sry. On cell and the youtube link option doesnt pop up so ill copy paste the link

youtu.be...

I spent some time looking at the issue and one video i cant find documents two people who shared past lives on camera. It was uncanny to watch them share inside jokes stemming from experiences several thousand years old..

Dunno if 100% believe reincarnation exists but i do believe that our "force" is not limited to the organic machine of our body. . more is there...

B

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Thank you, I will watch it.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
For more information about the theory Orch OR-Quantum that Roger Penrose and Stuart Hamerhoff have created you can look at www.quantumconsciousness.org...

If you want to go very technical this is Clarifying the Tubulin bit/qubit - Defending the Penrose-Hameroff Orch OR Model (Quantum Biology).

If information is stored in microtubules then quantum entanglement can explain how information can teleport from one consciousness to another consciousness.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
I will watch this as well, thank you for sharing.

I like you tube, but you watch one of the videos there are 9 other ones that look interesting on the very same subject.
So my dance card will be full this week, at least I will learn something interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join