It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

List of United States presidential electors, 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
For those that may be interested, this is the complete list of Electors who will choose the next President of the United States of America.
I really don't have a opinion on them other than may God have mercy on their souls.

en.wikipedia.org...

Buck

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Good thread, and thank you for the info Buck.
It's the last gesture of our republic to make the will of
the several states 'equal'... but I submit the will of the
people has been shortchanged in almost every case,
due to communication now between them and DC
done at the speed of light.
Maybe someday the elections will become truly popular
and a more fair assessment of the body politics' will.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

edit on b000000302016-11-05T16:31:49-05:0004America/ChicagoSat, 05 Nov 2016 16:31:49 -0500400000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It looks like theres over 1000 people there. And how are there 'equal' numbers of 'third parties' ?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
It looks like theres over 1000 people there. And how are there 'equal' numbers of 'third parties' ?

The number of electors is equal to the number of Representatives plus the number of Senators plus three electors from the District of Columbia. There is no provision for "third parties." Your avatar name is quite appropriate.

Here's a thread on how the Electoral College came to be and works.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

No need to be snippy. Did you look at the actual wikipedia page?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sorry,
Looks like BS.
Since when are E.C. members in New York represent the : Conservative Party, Green Party, Working Families Party, Independence Part, Women's Equality Party, and Libertarian Party. The United States Electoral College is the body that elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. Citizens of the United States do not directly elect the president or the vice president; instead they choose "electors", who usually pledge to vote for particular candidates. The number of electors in each state is equal to the number of members of Congress to which the state is entitled, while the Twenty-third Amendment grants the District of Columbia the same number of electors as the least populous state, currently three. Therefore, there are currently 538 electors, corresponding to the 435 Representatives and 100 Senators, plus the three additional electors from the District of Columbia. The Constitution bars any federal official, elected or appointed, from being an elector.
Aaauuugh, I have to agree with the doggy! Well, when your right, your right.

edit on V132016Saturdaypm30America/ChicagoSat, 05 Nov 2016 17:13:27 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The number of electors is equal to the number of Representatives plus the number of Senators plus three electors from the District of Columbia. There is no provision for "third parties." Your avatar name is quite appropriate.

Here's a thread on how the Electoral College came to be and works.

IDK doggy.
You think this should be HOAXed?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1
I don't see any need to call it "hoax". It's just a question of understanding what the WIKI page is offering (I can see it, and I'm not even American). The Republicans and Democrats have each got their list of nominated electors in each state (and other parties have too, in some states), and the vote on Tuesday decides which list goes into action, state by state, and which list stays at home.
The electors for third parties won't come into action at all unless they win a state, but I suppose that putting forward a list anyway is part of the process of being on the ballot.

edit on 5-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

join