It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ganesha the Hindu God is really an evil spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ganesha is invoked at the start of Hindu ceremonies. But what are they really invoking?

"One theory of Ganesha's origin states that he gradually came to prominence in connection with the four Vināyakas, from whom he gains one of his epithets (see above) [17] In Hindu mythology, the Vināyakas were a group of four troublesome demons who created obstacles and difficulties,[18] but who were easily propitiated.[19] Krishan is among the academics who accept this view, and states flatly that Ganesha "is a non-vedic god. His origin is to be traced to the four Vināyakas, evil spirits, of the Mānavagŗhyasūtra (seventh–fourth century B.C.E.) who cause various types of evil and suffering."[20] While none of these gods are conceived to be elephant-headed, they are held to be responsible for the creation of obstacles."

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

It turns out that Ganesha is actually an evil spirit!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Whaler

Um, according to Hinduism, the Elephant attributes of Ganesha are a symbol of his ability to crush obstacles, not "creating" them.

Looks like the author is reading Hinduism upside down??

edit on 5-11-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Um, according to Hinduism, the Elephant attributes of Ganesha are a symbol of his ability to crush obstacles, not "creating" them.

Looks like the author is reading Hinduism upside down??

Ganesha is also said to place obstacles in the paths of people.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I wouldn't be so keen on externalizing such things, as one can see a manifestation of about any archtype occuring in one's own life beyond the time, names and forms as the trope itself.

Much the same way Christainity enjoys calling any blacksheep male returning home a prodigal son... even when such a son is not there to apologize for any percieved or expected transgressions as being in such an ignorant fold still isn;t on their agenda if they even have one.

The biggest force existing outside of oneself is one acts as a group attached to a label of limited action as an individual goes... so what can't be done alone rallies an army like wind gathering up a wave to drown any opposition to it's own selfish cause at the sake of all others, in such ideologies instead of acceptance of humanity and individuals themselves being more complex than any label could ever hope to to achieve as an ideal or a group of clones in a multiplicity of form instead of a single person, moving as one mind and heart under a single cause, like a flock of birds or mosquitoes... but in actuality more like a swarm of bees where the ruler rarely makes any appearance safe in their castle while others go die the death of futility.

The human swarm or hive mind... like stirring a cup of coffee pulls all bubbles to the middle as one mass so does strirring up human sentiment and this is done whether the agenda is known or not as it typically only rouses using ignorance that one is simply a pawn in doing so... expendible for such things labeled as a greater good... when any opposition are whipped up in the same manner by that line drawn by that very label or finger pointing at a difference as in humanity there is no such thing only in concept does it exist until carried out of the mind to the mouth and into the hand to act on such silly things.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Would that not then be subject to one's view of the role of obstacles within life? They serve to catalyze accomplishment; no one becomes a hero by coasting through life.

Imagine Star Wars where Luke never leaves Tatooine and farms moisture for 3 movies...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall

Imagine Star Wars where Luke never leaves Tatooine and farms moisture for 3 movies...

That would make it a Stephen King movie.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

"There is no 'try' there is either 'do' or 'do not'... -Yoda

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Would the one true god please raise their hand for identification purposes? Are you trying to say that ganesh isn't even an elepahant? Or a god? He's just an ordinary run of the mill evil spirit?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You have no idea what your talking about. Parvati had her baby, told him to wait for dad at the edge of the cave, dad came home (Shiva), didn't know it was his kid and ripped his head off. Parvarti was pissed. Shiva took the head off an elephant and put it on the kid..... Yowazh!...Ganesha!

He must have been traumatized! And YOU are so Insensitive and call him a DEMON! You aught to be ashamed of yourself!
edit on 5-11-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Ohh what about a Harry Potter version called Slytherin Through the Corn?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

The Hindu religion is known to have more than one million gods. No disrespect.....You might want to rethink the entire Hindu religion as a false religion.

My religion has one God and his son said the only way to God was through him. So to me this clear, there is only one way .... NOT many ways to get to God.

So am I saying all other religions are false........yes I am.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whaler
It turns out that Ganesha is actually an evil spirit!

Can the god be blamed for the the 'evil' done by men in his name? Isn't there an element of balance to be seen, what if he has done far more good than bad?

Ganesha is the god of practical wisdom, so of the application of knowledge in doing, a problem solver. He gets around difficulties, leads us through hardships to better times. Of all the wisdom gods, Ganesha, Lord of the Gana (artisans), is my favourite, mostly because his steed is a mouse, and mice and fish are my totems (by choice and design). He won his wives with his fantastic power of recall, you know? Because elephants, big, brained gray beasts that they are, never forget. Which is why he needs a mouse, their memories are too poor, which is what makes them fierce explorers, too stupid to be scared.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
After further consideration I do not consider Ganesha or any God as being evil. I had some unfortunate events in my life that I blamed on Ganesha, but I now realize I have been wrong to blame Ganesha so easily for what has gone wrong in my life. I now accept responsibility for my own misfortune. Misfortune combined with what I read about him being an evil spirit, it was enough for me to believe he was in fact evil. One scholar cannot convince me that Ganesha is evil any longer, nor can a string of misfortune which may have had other causes. I apologize to you the reader and to Ganesha for the cruel words I have written about Ganesha. May Ganesha have mercy on you and me.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

The Hindu religion is known to have more than one million gods. No disrespect.....You might want to rethink the entire Hindu religion as a false religion.

My religion has one God and his son said the only way to God was through him. So to me this clear, there is only one way .... NOT many ways to get to God.

So am I saying all other religions are false........yes I am.

According to Hinduism the many Gods are all creations of one Supreme God. Although religions are continually changing (for example, the conception of the Hebrew God and his attributes has changed over time), what we now think of as Hinduism may have preceded what we now think of as Judaism according to archeology and history. It's a contentious area of debate worth looking into. May the One God look favorably upon us all.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I wonder what your agenda or just simple reason for wanting to call what a culture you probably don't belong calls a God an evil spirit.

You have literally no evidence just some theory that sounds pretty lame to me.

It reminds me of the false association of the God of the Yazidis Melek Taus with Azazel based on an error of misunderstanding in language, similarities in sound mistaken to mean the same angel is Azazel and everyone assumes it's true.

Or the Parsee Zoroastrians worship fire, a lie not even Eusebius would tell, explaining the misunderstanding being Nimrod was assumed to be identical with Zoroaster as well as they keep a flame lit for eternity in each Temple.

How anyone could mistake righteous Zarathustra aka Zoroaster for the evil Babylonian Rephaim and King of the known world after the flood, son of Cush of Ham son of Noah.

Zoroaster was the Persian Prophet of the one God Ahura Mazda and Judaism owes a great deal to him.

Which actually is true for the Temple in the Bible at least at one point so I think it was a silly thing to say, possibly the Greeks misunderstood as they called Mazda, Zeus, although that might just be a good mythological comparison.

Or the endless lies about people worshipping Satan. Basically anyone not Christian is worshipping a demon or lead astray by one who is not a Christian, in Christian thought with the sometimes exceptions of Abrahamic monotheism and the Unitarians who discriminate nobody.

Always a conspiracy theory about demons with some people I guess who could be made to understand these polytheistic gods are angels with a High God like Brahma.

Vishnu is a God as is Kali along with Brahma to equal the Father and Son and Spirit of Christians "Trinity"

The lesser gods are archangels and other lesser angels as there are orders of angels and even disembodied souls of the children of angels who are called demons in Christianity.

It's like saying to a Christian '' You worship Samael or Satan or Asmodeus", what is going on with the OP.
edit on 14-2-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join