It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Antonio cop fired for attempting to feed fecal sandwich to homeless person

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Here you want to convict a cop of what a lot of people would consider a very sick joke but not a 'crime,' per se.

The fact that he's a cop is the very reason he should be charged with criminal harassment. It is indeed a 'crime' per se.

And after all, the creep lost his job

Yes and no cop ever got fired for something like this, moved and became a cop again somewhere else....riiggghttt.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: alldaylong

What charge would that be

You could start with attempted poisoning.

But would a prosecutor? You'd have to prove intent. And it's not as if it was strychnine. The same with harassment. Both would be a long shot. Prosecutors usually win on the surface. In Jury trials worldwide the conviction rate is about 75%. That's if it goes to a jury trial. Bench trials have a conviction rate of 81%. But a whole lot of accusations never go to trial. They're pled down or dismissed. Why? Because of lack of evidence of a crime committed. 25% are simply dismissed by a judge. Here you want to convict a cop of what a lot of people would consider a very sick joke, but not a 'crime,' per se. And after all, the creep lost his job. No prosecutor would pursue this case because they would never get a conviction, ATS sentiment notwithstanding. It's not worth their time when they have felony charges outstanding.

Maybe you should hire him as your personal chef.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Except it wasn't "the guy's" sandwich. The cop put it down beside him. Do you seriously think a prosecutor would file "chemical-warfare-terrorism-attempted murder" charges? Of course not. There's no such thing, as we all know. You're just blowing smoke and amusing yourself (and others.)
Now, what would a REAL prosecutor charge the cop with? What could he obtain a conviction for?

This has to fall under public endangerment due to the crapwich being considered a public health hazard.

Endangerment - Endangerment is a type of crime involving conduct that is wrongful and reckless or wanton, and likely to produce death or grievous bodily harm to another person. There are several kinds of endangerment, each of which is a criminal act that can be prosecuted in a court.

Causing someone to get sick from eating feces would qualify as grievous bodily harm.

To serve and protect...
What an asshat!
edit on 5-11-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Yep, he's a bike cop. One of my relatives patrols in the same area, close to the Alamo. He says he didn't actually do it...he was just joking that he did. But he's lying. Cops don't go to IA for something someone simply told them...they reported him because he actually did it. And if his lawyer was honest, he'd never say they'll prevail at arbitration...that process is never in favor of the defendant anyway. Nope, he did it, and appealing it is just a formality. He's done.
edit on 30314America/ChicagoSat, 05 Nov 2016 16:31:42 -050030pm30309America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Of course I was blowing smoke. But I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of a public servant harrasing a homeless man.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Attempted abuse of a citizen under color of law.

I suggest that this POS be fed his own culinary creation, crusts and all.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
He was only fired?

Anyone else would face some sort of charge for that...

They won't bring him up on charges because he went back and threw the container away. If he hadn't, then they could have charged him with reckless endangerment...feces is a very serious biohazard because it can contain blood, and spread retroviruses such as HIV or HepC, if it is from a human bowel. Normal digestive bacteria such as E. choli can actually result in death if it is ingested, as well. It's no joke...eating sh!t can be fatal. But proving anything beyond a misdemeanor would be difficult unless the victim ended up requiring emergency medical treatment. If the man had ingested it and subsequently died as a result, he could have been charged with murder, because he told other officers what he had done directly after he did it. They physically watched him walk back over there to throw it away.

He went back and tossed it after he was ordered to do so, and that's the reason he only lost his job. The only way he'll ever work in law enforcement again will be if he relocates to another state. He's done here, and rightfully so.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The sad thing is if he had shot the homeless person in cold blood he would still have a job.
I'm tired of seeing cops doing wrong and just getting a slap on the wrist,we need to seriously change something across the board with how cops are investigated and punished for breaking the laws that THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO UPHOLD.
Someone who upholds the law should be held to higher standards when breaking any laws.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
NVM
Disgusting loser.

edit on 5-11-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede

The sad thing is if he had shot the homeless person in cold blood he would still have a job.
I'm tired of seeing cops doing wrong and just getting a slap on the wrist,we need to seriously change something across the board with how cops are investigated and punished for breaking the laws that THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO UPHOLD.
Someone who upholds the law should be held to higher standards when breaking any laws.

He would most certainly not still have a job here in this city if he had shot the gentleman. That is pure garbage.

Our police force is extremely involved in the community. The vast majority of our homeless stay in that same downtown area, right by the Alamo, and they are treated with respect by the patrols there. They don't interfere with them at all unless there's a disturbance, which happens occasionally when there's alcohol involved...for the most part, they're a permanent fixture in that area. These officers are on bike and foot patrol in an historic area, not riding around in patrol units, rousting street people. They interact with these folks every day, and know most of them by name.

He's not getting a slap on the wrist here, either. He's unemployed, and will never work in this city again. They are not pulling punches with this guy at all. The only reason he was not brought up on charges is the fact that he turned his punk ass around when he was told to, and walked back over there and tossed the container in the trash bin. If they could charge him with something, he'd be locked up right now. The entire city government is appalled at his behavior...and he's not a rookie, so everyone knows who he is. Good riddance.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have eaten many a sh$t sandwich in my day. They don't go down none too well.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
About the cop, He needs a big beating.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

He would most certainly not still have a job here in this city if he had shot the gentleman. That is pure garbage.

Sorry, you seam to have taken offence to what I said.
Let me clear things up I did not mean to imply that your area is not a good one or otherwise devalue it,in my experience in the LEO field I saw many things sketchy things done by several PD's that should have had some serious consequences,maybe your PD is much better but the ones I worked for are the reason why I don't like or trust LEO's and would never return to the that field. Where I was they would have gotten paid suspension for ANY questionable shooting.
edit on 5-11-2016 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede

Sorry, you seam to have taken offence to what I said.
Let me clear things up I did not mean to imply that your area is not a good one or otherwise devalue it,in my experience in the LEO field I saw many things sketchy things done by several PD's that should have had some serious consequences,maybe your PD is much better but the ones I worked for are the reason why I don't like or trust LEO's and would never return to the that field. Where I was they would have gotten paid suspension for ANY questionable shooting.

They're pretty quick to get to the bottom of any officer involved shooting at the PD here. People are very vocal here, we attend city council meetings, etc., so I think that constant rapport between the city and the citizenry makes a huge difference in how things get handled. I know that in other places there is automatic paid suspension, but if someone is guilty of something this blatantly provable, they get rid of them quickly.

If there's a shooting, they do suspend them pending an investigation, but that's the way the law works for everyone. Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. There's no justification for firing an officer until it's proven that it was a bad shoot. Now...if that actually gets proven and the officer is still allowed to hold a badge, that's another story entirely, and I don't agree with that in the least.

My contention with your post was the fact that you stated that if this same officer were to have shot the gentleman in cold blood, he'd have gotten paid suspension, and that is absolutely not true. If he had just walked up and shot that man, he'd be locked up for first degree murder, because if his fellow officers got this upset over what he actually did, they certainly wouldn't have been OK with him shooting someone in cold blood. So yeah, maybe you should have worded that differently.

I don't hold grudges though...I understand it's a volatile subject. We just need to be mindful of coloring everyone with the same crayon, because not every police department operates like that, and a whole lot of really great cops get judged by the bad ones, which is unfair and undeserved.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Geez. Saw this earlier today but didn't comment at the time. Thought about it randomly throughout the day, what kind of thoughts/feelings the actions of that sick, thoughtless (duck) would cause to someone already about as low as one can go in the US. Talk about kicking a man while he's down.

Glad this full-tilt, bad-guy doofus won't be retiring on the taxpayer's dime at 45 years old. I hope he's still working overnight security at a garbage dump when he's 75.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join