It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

show me something cool. i will do the same

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The red slate lances have been oiled. The grey slate ulus are still dry, but they'll take a nice gloss too once I add a bit of oil to them. I'd really like to get the lashing and glue on them tonight so that they can dry overnight.

Tim Rast is a Canadian archaeologist and a flintknapper who specializes in artifact reproductions and knapped jewelry based on artifacts found across the Arctic and Subarctic, with an emphasis on Newfoundland and Labrador.

elfshotgallery.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

there is an infinite amount of cool # out there still for us all to discover.

You mean, like a planet on which it rains molten iron?

The farthest know planet ever discovered is a strange world indeed. Whizzing around its star every 29 hours, it is shrouded in clouds made not of water droplets but of iron atoms. This is a world of iron rain.

www.astrobio.net...

Or, perhaps, a 288 billions miles-wide nebula drifting in space, and composed of alcohol?

Dr Harvey-Smith adds, “Although it is exciting to discover a cloud of alcohol almost 300 billion miles across, unfortunately methanol, unlike its chemical cousin ethanol, is not suitable for human consumption!”

phys.org...

Oh, and have you ever wondered what a chunck of the universe actually looks like? I present to you Laniakea:

The Laniakea Supercluster (Laniakea; also called Local Supercluster or Local SCl) is the galaxy supercluster that is home to the Milky Way and 100,000 other nearby galaxies.[2] It was defined in September 2014, when a group of astronomers including R. Brent Tully of the University of Hawaii and Hélène Courtois of the University of Lyon published a new way of defining superclusters according to the relative velocities of galaxies. The new definition of the local supercluster subsumes the prior defined local supercluster, the Virgo Supercluster, now an appendage.[3][4][5][6]

Characteristics Edit

The Laniakea Supercluster encompasses 100,000 galaxies stretched out over 160 megaparsecs (520 million light-years). It has the approximate mass of 1017 solar masses, or a hundred thousand times that of our galaxy

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5-11-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Shawn Thornton, a student in art school, unknowingly developed pineal cancer; his artwork became quite interesting.

The Strange Story Of An Artist With Pineal Cancer

Shawn Thornton Paintings

edit on 5-11-2016 by Jennyfrenzy because: ...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This site! There are hundreds of free or cheap table top rpg games there. I'm addicted. Yes, I'm a dork.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
360vr.com...
edit on 5-11-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Alrighty then......... do you know what this became ?

This.....
www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-11-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

yes. exactly like that.
molten iron rain is the shizz.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

This is cool, to me. One of my favorite places on the planet.

And while I am on the way there, if I'm lucky, I may run across things like this...

Arachnophobes! Go no farther! Do NOT scroll down...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

So beautiful! Could spend a whole day just sitting there, and watching everything.

What a view.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join