It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's where Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton stand on marijuana legalization

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman
Hillary wants us to start doing the research? Huh? There are countless scientific studies on the effects of marijuana on various diseases, do a search on PubMed. Anecdotal evidence my posterior.

Exactly. She will do everything she can to reverse what the great states of CO, WA, OR and AK have done and try to make it 100% illegal again.

Can't have the states practicing States rights. Obama said no federal raids on MJ dispensaries, but what did he do?

Raided tons of dispensaries.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Half the Country drives drunk, you think the people they raid are always legitimate? When the laws first passed, not a single person that lived here didn't brag about how many plants they had, and not a single person that had extra ever missed bragging about that.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

The Hemp Plant has Many Uses , but the One that gets the Most Attention is the one where by Smoking it , People Alter their Consciousness for Beneficial or Problematic Reasons . Laws need to be in Place for Public Safety Concerning that Particular use of it , wouldn't you Agree ? For other Applications , the Argument Against it becomes Weak .
edit on 5-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The Hemp Plant has Many Uses , but the One that gets the Most Attention is the one where by Smoking it , People Alter their Consciousness for Beneficial or Problematic Reasons . Laws need to be in Place for Public Safety Concerning that Particular use of it , wouldn't you Agree ?

No, it should be illegal. The best course of action would be to just reeducate people and make it legal.

If you're stressed out and need some pot, hey that won't kill you. But anything more daily than 2 weeks and you're just hedging another addiction. There are better mediums for MMJ when it comes to medicine, specifically the edibles and eventually the pharmaceuticals.

"The main science" behind mmj stopping cancer is effects on DNA repair, something more preventative anyway, not as effective as an active solution. The reasons for stress are marginal compared to other treatments, and even the treatments for anorexic-like issues are commendable but the point is smoking as a 'treatment' is not sustainable, without increased risk of lung cancer.
edit on 5-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

originally posted by: thesaneone

Cannabis and Cannaboids have been found useful.

No one agrees smoking is healthy and legalization is under those pretenses atm.

But cigarettes are fine?

No, they're labeled right on them they will kill you.

MMJ comes in a medical capsule even if you buy it recreational. My issue is its display

Wow, talk about fake outrage.

Fake outrage? What? Is that not a reasonable enough example for you or do I have to get all preacher about how smoking causes cancer?

The medical connections are to cancer and it's causing cancer, I'd expect some real outrage.

Cell damage isn't bias, smoking is smoking no matter it be pot, crack, cigarettes, cigars, heroine, whatever. The 'connections to cancer' can't be generalized into 'any way of using it is safe'. There's nothing more hypocritical than smoking it. Increases risk of cancer.

Now you're trying to tell me this is going to be legalized because of its beneficial traits, but no one is going to address the part about people smoking it as the primary use people think it's for? The whole thing is a joke. Nails are legal, should I eat them in my cereal?

This is where the pro pot people screwed themselved by throwing cig smokers under the bus. Instead of claiming its your own personal right to treat your own body as you see fit they all bandwagoned with the anti tobacco people ahahha smart move. They should of fought to decriminalize all drugs! We all know why they didnt however because their fight would have taken much longer and their precious pot wouldn't be legalized in some manner as soon.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I just heard the NFL Players Union came out with a Statement saying Lifting the Ban on the use of Pot among NFL Contracted Players would Reduce their Dependency on Prescription Pain Medication when Suffering from Injuries . Do you Agree with that ? I Do .
edit on 5-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Common Sense Rule Number One - If Someone Cannot Make a Buck on Something , they will be Vehemently Against It .

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I just heard the NFL Players Union came out with a Statement saying Lifting the Ban on the use of Pot among NFL Contracted Players would Reduce their Dependency on Prescription Pain Medication when Suffering from Injuries . Do you Agree with that ? I Do .

Let me just give an example. Lets use the NFL.

A player Breaks his leg.

I think it's acceptable in a short period of time to use MMJ for stress and or pain.

But once that leg is healed, it's another story.

The same can't be said for chronic conditions. That's dangerous and alternative treatments should be found.
edit on 5-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Podesta email: 927
Download the attachment, do a seach for "pot" or go to the top part of page 48.

“URSULA BURNS: So long means thumbs up, short means thumbs down;

So legalization of pot? SECRETARY CLINTON: Short in all senses of the word.

So Clinton is litterally 110% against legalization. Makes good sense since the substance has a tendency to wake people up and question authority.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The PTB will never decriminalize such a powerful DEPROGRAMMING DRUG for public consumption...
Not until the last dog is hung...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Legalize it... In full.

I have been deeply involved in Android app development. I have a money maker just waiting for the day it's legalized in full.

Tick tock...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
We use a derivative of marijuana in medicine, it's called Marinol (dronabinol).
You swallow it in capsule form.
Smoking, anything, will destroy the lungs!
I've seen it in the gasping smoking patients that have history of abusing this
pathway, for 10 or more years!
But what do I know, I've only been in Medicine for 35+ years.
Smoking anything should be illegal.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

obama said he would federally legalize recreational use when running for his first term, he repeated that when running for his second term, then while in office he passed legislation making it harder for states to legalize, while in office he also ramped up federal operations to shut down medical dispensaries operating legally under state law (but not federal)

hillary is in the same way saying what the voters want to hear while intending to do the opposite behind our backs in the same way obama did. hillary has always verbally spoken what the voters want to hear, while her actions in office have always been in support of what corporations want.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The 'connections to cancer' can't be generalized into 'any way of using it is safe'. There's nothing more hypocritical than smoking it. Increases risk of cancer.

Not exactly...

Pot Smoking Not Linked to Lung Cancer

Study Shows No Increased Risk for Even the Heaviest Marijuana Smokers

Worth repeating: marijuana decreases risk of lung cancer

It’s a counter-intuitive notion, since tobacco smoking causes cancer, marijuana smoking must as well. But as the LA Weekly highlights Monday, it’s just not true. Decades of pulmonary research is in: pot decreases the risk of lung cancer and does not cause chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

UCLA Professor Finds Marijuana Is Safer to Smoke Than Tobacco

“Through my studies, we failed to find any positive association.” Instead, “the association would be negative, between lung cancer and the use of marijuana. The likelihood is, that despite the fact that marijuana smoke contains carcinogens, we don’t see the same heightened risks of cancers that we see in tobacco.”

By all means, educate folks... and that requires good research which has been and still is forbidden under color of law. But there is already more than enough research out there to know better than "conventional" wisdom.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

Arizona has medical and this election we will vote yes for prop 205 and we are still considered a red state.

Yeah we will!!!

But it's sure taken a very long and hard fought battle to get us here... even requiring the people to pass a ballot measure prohibiting the state from over-riding any propositions passed by the voters!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

AZ is kind of strange.

Last of the original 48 states to join the union. The people there still have an independent Cowboy type thinking.

They really don't want government telling them what they can and can not do.

I find it very sad that anyone would think maintaining freedom and liberty are strange.

Hmmmm... Maybe it's because we aren't drinking the fluoride and lead tainted water (and Heaven only knows what else!) that so many other states do.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join