It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: American Hostage Pleads for Help, But Not From Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
An American, identified as Roy Hallums, who was kidnapped back in November surfaced on a brief tape requesting help in securing his freedom, but not from George W. Bush but from Arab leaders, namely Libya's Moamar Khadafi. Hallums presumably went missing after an attack in the El Mansour district of Baghdad, at least 6 men were taken hostage, four have been released so, with the exception of Hallums and a Filipino accountant who all worked for a Saudi Company.

www.cnn.com
Hallums, visibly nervous, makes no demands in the 60-second video, but he asks for help "so that I can be released as quickly as possible from this definite death."

"I'm not asking for any help from President Bush, because I know of his selfishness and unconcern for those who have been pushed into this hell hole," he says. "I am asking for help from Arab rulers, especially President Moammar Gadhafi, because he is known for helping those who are suffering."

Hallums also says his "health is in a very bad situation."

A spokesman at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad told CNN that embassy staff is in contact with Hallums' family but was "unaware if people at the embassy have seen the video."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is a shame that an American cannot ask his own country for help due to our policy of not negotiating with terrorists. Whether Moamar Khadafi can help this man or not is yet to be seen. There was no demands or requests as to how Khadafi can help barter Hallum's freedom in the breif tape.

Related ATS Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-25-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"I'm not asking for any help from President Bush"

If he wasnt told to say this by his captors, this man has some sense. I pray for his safe return.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'd bet he was told to say that by his captors. I know if I were in his position I would want all the help I could get from annyone who could give it.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
It is a shame that an American cannot ask his own country for help due to our policy of not negotiating with terrorists.

Are you kidding? You think that this guy is actually asking qudafi for help? You think that big machine gun next to his head is a prop or something?

You do understand that you are actually doing what the people who are going to murder this man want right? That you are making his murder and brutalization justifiable and efficient?

I think maybe the rum and the caribe sun are getting to ya.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
And if President Moammar Gadhafi were to bargin or do anything with this terrorist group, would the US government see that as aiding or assisting terrorists?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xibalba
And if President Moammar Gadhafi were to bargin or do anything with this terrorist group, would the US government see that as aiding or assisting terrorists?

Of course they would. I am not sure that this statement was a forced one, if I am to be realistic.

It is a very well known fact that the UK and USA governments will not bargin with hostage takers. SO why bother asking them to help?

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is one very smart plee if there ever was one.This man is not a fool and he's playing his poker game very well..High stakes call for inventive & creative thinking.I would'nt be atall surpriced if he gets released.
At this point in his 'life' he does'nt need a joker,but a real poker....

He's playing both on Bush's conscience,emm,well the chance to proove him and the rest of US that he could help him after all and Gaddafi's ego & good will....He'll be granted loads of good marks from the E.U. & me & U..

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Update:
Libyan Leader Calls for Release of U.S. Hostage in Baghdad

Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi on Wednesday called on Iraqi insurgents to release a U.S. hostage, responding to the captive's plea for his intervention.

"As a response to the begging, we ask the Iraqi resistance in the name of Islam and Arabism to free him, implementing the principle of forgiveness," the Arab satellite news channel Al-Jazeera quoted Gadhafi as saying in a statement.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Update:
Libyan Leader Calls for Release of U.S. Hostage in Baghdad

Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi on Wednesday called on Iraqi insurgents to release a U.S. hostage, responding to the captive's plea for his intervention.

"As a response to the begging, we ask the Iraqi resistance in the name of Islam and Arabism to free him, implementing the principle of forgiveness," the Arab satellite news channel Al-Jazeera quoted Gadhafi as saying in a statement.

Yep, they are doing a lot huh?

WW, if you were a hostage and had a gun on your head, and were probably tortured until you agreed to say what your captors want, what would you do?

new topics

top topics

join