It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The power of propaganda...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The people in power do not trust the voters. So for years highly sophisticated propaganda techniques have been developed to control the voters. Here is an introduction to the basic techniques:

www.youtube.com...

There is one technique in particular that is very popular today as a way of brainwashing voters and accumulating power. The trick is to say something that gets people so mad it puts them into a heighten emotional state. It has to be something the generates emotional outrage. Once the brainwashing audience has been primed then the programming begins. The programming usually begins by assigning blame to someone or some group of people as the cause of the outrage. And then along with assigning blame, the audience naturally begins to worship the authority labeling who to blame through sympathetic identification. People who share a common outrage are considered allies. The bigger the outrage, the stronger the identification. So here is the sequence:

1. Generate outrage
2. Label blame
3. Acquire daddy worship power

It's really amazing how effective it is in getting people to froth at the mouth and give you their allegiance. So if you ever want to become a fascist dictator blame the Jews or someone.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think this is very apparent around election time when you only see the Democrats and Republicans stand a shot at being elected.

People desperately want to belong and then they find comradery in people that think like them and become part of that "team" and no one wants their team to lose. It becomes more about winning and less about what would be best for the country. People generally vote for selfish reasons.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
All propaganda is highly subliminal.

It's all around you.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They been running the propaganda machine full tilt for two years this election, the longest in recorded history.

Repetition works. After two years it becomes fixed in your mind. Advertisers know this full well, replaying stupid memes, jingles and characters over and over, till you hate them sooo much... because if you hate them you will remember them.

Quick, name a candidate other than Hillary and Trump.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackadder01

It's all around you.

Being chained to our seat in Plato's Cave... we know no different than the shadow play on the cave wall.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So if you ever want to become a fascist dictator blame the Jews or someone.

Wonderful, that's always the answer to all the world's problems.

Buck

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not even in America, and I can name Stein, Johnson, and also the fact that people in some states could vote for their dog if they wanted, by write in, ergo, any candidate who ran in the Primaries could also get votes.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackadder01

It's all around you.

Evil is always where you least expect it.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71

So if you ever want to become a fascist dictator blame the Jews or someone.

Wonderful, that's always the answer to all the world's problems.

Buck

I said or "someone". Please try to keep up. You could substitute "Jews" with "liberals", "democrats", "Hillary", "Trump", "Immigrants", "Muslims", "Mexicans", and on and on...

The amazing thing about propaganda is I bet the WWII German leadership did not even care one way or the other about the Jews. You are missing the point. The point was not about the Jews. The point was getting the German people to give Hitler power.
edit on 5-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Not even in America, and I can name Stein, Johnson, and also the fact that people in some states could vote for their dog if they wanted, by write in, ergo, any candidate who ran in the Primaries could also get votes.

Now TrueBrit, thats not entirely fair. I know how aware you and other members of ATS are. I meant it more for the main street, the ones whose only exposure to candidates is on their nightly TV news or sports show.

The most of Americans only know / heard of two candidates.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

This one simple technique:

1. Generate outrage
2. Label blame
3. Acquire daddy worship power

It's truly amazing how much power one can accumulate from blaming other people. Maybe it has to do with personal responsibility. By blaming other people you allow your target audience not to admit they are solely responsible for their own personal misery. And people gravitate to the comfort of avoiding personal responsibility.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
TPTB have mastered it. Honestly, this will probably piss off a lot of people and get me pelted with tomatoes... but the support our troops campaign has been one of the most successful and obvious pieces of propaganda in modern history. Support the troops -> support the military -> support military action -> support government commandments of the military -> support funding the military -> support the military industrial complex -> support TPTB. All starting from what appears to be a noble gesture... but has turned into grotesque hero worship.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Not being in America, I don't think you realize what it's like here.

I was eating in a sports bar the other night. Some game was on the TV, and there were two guys a table over watching the game. One was wearing a jersey, and clearly there to root for his team. The other guy was wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat, and was barely even into the game. However, during every commercial break (which happened every couple minutes), they were airing 1-2 anti Hillary commercials. During these commercials the guy would get up and start yelling "TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!".

That is how bad it is here. People literally cheer their politicians like their cheer their sports teams, maybe even more so.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Not being in America, I don't think you realize what it's like here.

I was eating in a sports bar the other night. Some game was on the TV, and there were two guys a table over watching the game. One was wearing a jersey, and clearly there to root for his team. The other guy was wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat, and was barely even into the game. However, during every commercial break (which happened every couple minutes), they were airing 1-2 anti Hillary commercials. During these commercials the guy would get up and start yelling "TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!".

That is how bad it is here. People literally cheer their politicians like their cheer their sports teams, maybe even more so.

The fanatics have the same king of mindless zeal for Jesus. Or that is, the words of the disciples. They are fans of the words of the Bible. They root for the words like a sports team. It's a mindless identification with something that is always outside of any introspection. If they had any feelings at all they would collapse to the ground in puddle of tears.

And that's pretty much the whole point. A complete disassociation from ones one inner emotional being and a complete lack of empathy for others. They are soldiers conditioned to obey a single authority. Authority never comes from within. They worship and desire strong leadership. Hence the Trump chant which is a desperate cry for a connection to something real. That is, they are desperate to have a connection to having any feelings at all.

Soldiers have no feelings. Soldiers have no empathy. How can you kill the enemy if you have any empathy?
edit on 7-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Soldiers have no feelings. Soldiers have no empathy. How can you kill the enemy if you have any empathy?

Are you really sure about ??

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
ERNEST HEMINGWAY

Buck
edit on 7-11-2016 by flatbush71 because: Too old to do it right the first time

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Yeah it's true. Plato's Cave it's a good truth right there.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That is unnatural and disgusting.

No one should do ANYTHING like a sports fan. What a troubling circumstance.

top topics

join